• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He's not the messiah..........he's a very ordinary boy.

He gets paid a bucket load to stand up and be counted in games like that, and he was poo. Fair dinkum he should chase up MBF or HCF for private sponsorship with the amount of hospital passes he threw tonight.

Oh well lets hope he steps up next year.

All in all an improvement on last year and hopefully with Bell and Lyon next year we will have some penetration. Don't know how we are going to replace BK but all we can do is !pray: that something will happen.

We are on the right track and will hopefully go two game better next year.

Disappointed but looking forward to next season. :drunk:

He wasn't the best last night but I still think hes a class players. Too many other players made dumb errors which made it tough to get a roll on.

Frankly players like Willow, Burns and others choked.

thats rigth byso willow is not a 1st grade player burns had his worst game ever than there is des well williamson on the bench says it all rose would have been a lot better way to go

Can't blame Orford for our loss although he had a poor game. Our forwards, with the exception of Kite just didn't perform.

Suspect though Orford has once again blown his chances of playing half for Australia.

Also am beginning to wonder if Burns is our 5/8 answer next year. He is very limited in attack. I was hoping as the year went on and he gained more experience that aspect of his game would have improved.
It hasn't.

Interesting Des took him off late in the second half. Didn't appear to be injured.

Given how well Mattai is playing Lyon may be a better option at 5/8.

Ah well that's six months away.

I was being critical of Orford at the game but our forwards with the exception of Kite were going nowwhere allowing the Dragons to get of the line quickly and give him no time and space. He couldnt do anything really.

Mate - you know what I think it is. Manly's forwards do have the POWER to match it with anyone, but I also think they are the most immobile pack apart from Souths, in this competition. Even Mason / O'Mealey etc are mobile. We have Rose / Bryant / King etc who aren't mobile. You'll notice out of our props, Kite is the most successful, and guess what. He's the most mobile.

Thats a pretty dumb comment Ryan as we did match it with other teams forward all through the season, sometimes we were all over them. But last night we were terrible and outplayed by a better side however we did not stop trying like in previous years.

Bring on 07

Thats a pretty dumb comment Ryan as we did match it with other teams forward all through the season, sometimes we were all over them. But last night we were terrible and outplayed by a better side however we did not stop trying like in previous years.

Bring on 07

I disagree Garts. Manly's backrow are a different matter, but they are not the topic at hand here. I also think our props maybe dominated maybe 5 times all year AT MOST. They lack mobility, and lateral movement, hence why we are quite often torn apart by inside balls up the middle of the ruck (Gidley / Johns) point in case, (Hornby / Barrett) point in case (Lockyer / Hodges) point in case.

You have to remember - while we were praising Jason King / Mark Bryant etc foe their 90 metre games, Mason / O'mealy were making almost 200 metres consistently (but had the occassional quiet one) - I mean O'mealy was even dumped back to the bench after he had a 100+ metre game !!! For King, that's a promotable effort.

So no, not dumb, but I think a quite fair assumption.

Well actually Ryan you said "manlys forwards" you did not specify frontrowers.

dont forget for most of the year we had a 5 frontrower rotation, as a result of this the props will get less metres as they are getting less time.

I dont think our frontrowers are the best, they are far from it and do have mobility issues but saying our forwards are only better than Souths is dumb, actually very dumb. You dont finish 5th with the 2nd worst frontrowers/forwards in the comp Ryan.

Well actually Ryan you said \"manlys forwards\" you did not specify frontrowers.

dont forget for most of the year we had a 5 frontrower rotation, as a result of this the props will get less metres as they are getting less time.

I dont think our frontrowers are the best, they are far from it and do have mobility issues but saying our forwards are only better than Souths is dumb, actually very dumb. You dont finish 5th with the 2nd worst frontrowers/forwards in the comp Ryan.

Garts - your not digesting what I am writing correctly. I'll repeat what I have said earlier. Our forwards can match anyone in a power game. Our forwards are probably the second most immobile pack in the competition in my opinion. I did NOT say we have the 2nd worst props in the nrl. How do you get that from what I have said. It's about mobility, mobility, mobility.

I agree, saying we have the 2nd worst props in the NRL WOULD be dumb. Mate - read my original post about this.

:lol: well yes I have read it again and it appears you must have edited your original post ;) :blush:

Still dont agree that we have the 2nd worst for mobiliy though. Kite is mobile as is Bryant, most teams are pretty similar imo as they have 1 or 2 which are mobile while the others are not. Just like us.

Come on guys...... last nights game was a shocker, the TEAM played poorly, but that's because St George didn't let us. They controlled the play and the defence. When we did have the ball we were running the ball from the 10 metre line. we were under the pump all night. We never looked like we would score.

Good onya boys, after all is said and done, with the players we had, and the team lists other clubs had, we mixed it with them. Beat Dogs twice, Melb once. Not to many clubs can say that.

Late news.... we may not have seen the last of BK. He was pretty shattered going out in that fashion. A member of his family said around family drinks last night family had said "if you want to play next season, you can". Guess its up to him. If not, BK we were proud to have you at Manly....have a great life!

Agree with Kite...definitely our most mobile and effective prop. I think it's that exact reason WHY he's so effective as well.

I'm just being honest here, but I tend to think our other props play a bit like Blocker used to. That would have been successful in the 80's, but it's not now. The game has moved on.

Even the commentators comment on how King / Rose / Bryant are props that take them back to the good old days.

Those comments don't stick with me. I believe they need innovation, variety and diversity.

The thing with Orford was that he kept on throwing cut out balls to the edge of the ruck and their outside men kept on rushing up on us. I think he threw one proper inside ball all night and Choc made 15 metres out of it. That, along with chips over the top, would have been the way to go.

A $500k player should surely realise after a couple of attempts that his cut out balls were not working!

did last weeks loss take more out of us than we thought, if so Newcasstle will be fodder tonight as well. just my theory

The front row thing. It seems to me that when you look at these guys, King, Rose and Bryant in particular they all have skinny legs. What gives here? And what seems to happen is when they are tackled they are stopped and ery often pushed back. Is it leg drive power they lack? Orfords looping passes allowed the dragons outside backs time to smash the recievers. We were done by a team with a smarter game plan which is a coaching problem. Hasler and Roach? can they take us to silverware glory in 07? is the question that should be asked.

Orford was not good last night - his kicking game was average and some options were poor. However we are a much better team with him and we can develop.

I would like to see inside passing, more second man plays and better structured sets when inside the opposing quarters. He is class but we need to plan to take the next step.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4