Orford trained fine -- should be back this week.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
According to 2GB news Orford came through training fine and *should* be back this week.

So, if he is picked this afternoon, what to do?

Put him on the bench. Keep him out of the softening up period. Then try some combinations when he does come on.

if he is even slightly not fully fit id give him another week.

Even if we do lose he can come back against teh boys and bring a boost in confidence alone

All I know is Monaghan deserves to be selected in the 1/2's meaning Ballin gets an 80 minute Hooker role.

All I know is Monaghan deserves to be selected in the 1/2's meaning Ballin gets an 80 minute Hooker role.

I would be wholeheartedly in agreeance with that IF we can be convinced that ox & Monas could work well without the getting in each others way stuff that happened last year.

IF it can, then Ballin is hooker, Lyon stays in the centres, Burns to bench, and Mattai bench or PL.

[quote author=Ryan]

I would be wholeheartedly in agreeance with that IF we can be convinced that ox & Monas could work well without the getting in each others way stuff that happened last year.

IF it can, then Ballin is hooker, Lyon stays in the centres, Burns to bench, and Mattai bench or PL.

[/quote]

That's a YART !!! ONly horizontal style :lol: :lol:

[quote author=Ryan]

[/quote]

1 game is all they played together, round 2 had burns at 5/8

Orford took half a season to settle

Orford was never going to be smooth with anyone in his first game, look at his city/country games.

Do you guys remember a guy from the Sharks called Sullivan or something?

He could add impact like he used to - and I rate that. So agreed Crusher.

He only had one good year as an impact player.

A few years ago, imapact dummy halves were all the rage. PJ Marsh (before injury), Wing, Sully, Dunley. Now, none of those players are really firing.

How good are we going that we can suggest actually making sure and Resting Orford one more week just to make sure!!! and it sounds like a half decent idea!

wont happen but LOL

[quote author=Jatz Crackers]
[quote author=Ryan]

[/quote]

1 game is all they played together, round 2 had burns at 5/8

Orford took half a season to settle

Orford was never going to be smooth with anyone in his first game, look at his city/country games.
[/quote]

There was the trials aswell. The IF part of my post was to say, id be all for it if it could work.

well i dont feel it was ever really given a chance - many people imply as i thought you did that they were, 1 game and some time in trials is not enough.

That said im not convinced it will work, it will require some good coaching, pretty much playing monas on the left in attack, leaving the right for orford.

I can't see why it can't work. It's a recent thing that one half controls everything & the other is merely an offloader, extra runner or kicking option.
The likes of Lyons, Lamb, Blake & Daley acted as stylistic alternatives to their halfbacks without getting in their way. They added to the games of their half by taking over if his style was being contained too easily, thus allowing him to move more freely.
I'm sure that being coached by someone who spent most of his career in this situation, the practice of having two dominant halves should be easy to impliment.

It's interesting that Monaghan's name is being thrown around in origin circles.

I think he definately would have the ticker and toughness to be up to it. With the blues halves pretty decimated I wouldn't rule it out.

I would love to see Orford/Mona's as our halves with Burns on the bench and Ballin playing 80 or interchanging with Burns.

Jatz, you got Grant Meyer's email earlier.. email him this and get this **** happening :lol:

orford will be back in time to be in the mix, i think he will play next week against the cows.

You will know come city/country whether there is even the slightest chance because they will definatly want to test monas.

Gower and Kimmorly have been there before and it will most likely be between them and orford.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4