Orford rumour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle link said:
Have heard a bit of talk that the Warriors may be about to chase him reasonably hard
  Good.  Let them know we'll take Fien at 1/3rd the price and will not be any worse off. 

The Dragons have re-signed Creagh, Cooper, have bought Costigan, Have bought Boyd, Re-Bought Head, bought Mickey Paea, bought Luke Priddis, bought Wendell Sailor, bought Michael Weyman, re-signed Dean Young, bought Jermey Smith, bought Nick Emmet, are looking to offer Justin Poore a big contract to add to Brett Morris and Ben Hornby's extention from last year - and now they offer Fien big money.

LoL

And manly can't afford to keep Michael Robertson or David Williams?

Good observation Ryan. I wonder if Bennett thinks that St George is like the Broncos where you can have a team full of internationals all getting less than the average Premier League salary (combined with News Limited creative accounting of course!!!)?

I have heard the same rumour and that Manly are resigned to probably losing him.  Apparantly Crusher is chasing Michael Monnaghan to be our half back next year.

Funny, if memory serves the Dragons were fined the most out of any team this year for salary cap breaches. Hmmmm  ???

As much as I liked Monas, I hope we don't resign him. I haven't been following his form in the Super League but he was definately the second string half compared to Ox - I see no reason why that would've changed.

tookey link said:
I have heard the same rumour and that Manly are resigned to probably losing him.  Apparantly Crusher is chasing Michael Monnaghan to be our half back next year.

A big **** you for even joking about that

Monas would be equally as stupid a signing, as re-signing Orford.  They are both off the pace and getting on.  Look to the future and look within our ranks for a replacement for Orford.  Hopefully we'll win all our remaining games and kick on, but if not, then start blooding new guys.  Hoppa , Foran and  JWH for starters..   

Put it this way, if we shed the reported $450k - $500k Orford earns, and pay Foran say $50k to $70k, I see no reason why we couldn't re-sign all existing players (not including Bani who is hopefully off to the Cowboys).

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. William Hopoate
05. David Williams
06. Jamie Lyon (c)
07. Keiran Foran
08. Josh Perry
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tony Williams
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Chris Bailey
15. Adam Cuthbertson
16. George Rose
17. Jared Weara-Hargraves

Released to make room: Orford / Le'Strange / Hall / King / Bani.
That being said - you release all these players, you could probably pick up a Todd Carney / Tim Smith / Brett Finch type character.

Ryan, have you even seen Foran play yet.

I want to see him get a run before we get too excited

Dan link said:
Ryan, have you even seen Foran play yet.

I want to see him get a run before we get too excited

Got a couple of his games (maybe 3) - Dogs / Tigers and hmmmm...forgte the other (might be 2) on DVD mate. He looked great in all games I have seen.

I've also seen him early this season, and a couple last season at Brookie live.

eagle_predator link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180533.msg225147#msg225147 date=1243320419]
All I am going to say is

Aaron Groome

Where's Groome playing now ??
[/quote]

He isn't, that's my point

Ryan link said:
Put it this way, if we shed the reported $450k - $500k Orford earns, and pay Foran say $50k to $70k, I see no reason why we couldn't re-sign all existing players (not including Bani who is hopefully off to the Cowboys).

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. William Hopoate
05. David Williams
06. Jamie Lyon (c)
07. Keiran Foran
08. Josh Perry
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tony Williams
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Chris Bailey
15. Adam Cuthbertson
16. George Rose
17. Jared Weara-Hargraves

Released to make room: Orford / Le'Strange / Hall / King / Bani.
That being said - you release all these players, you could probably pick up a Todd Carney / Tim Smith / Brett Finch type character.

Release King!  No ****ing way.  

He is by far our best prop and has played all over Perry and Kite this year.  Cuthbo doesn't cut it for me and I bet des regrets not signing him earlier for a fraction of what he ended up costing us.

No way sign Tim smith or Carney as they are both physco drunks who would make Willie Mason look like a sunday school teacher.  Brett Finch is a cry baby useless dick and he can stay with the purple pricks untill they cut him as well.  

Wiliams doesn't have the staimina or work rate to be a forward  - only a winger or off the bench.  Foran looks good in Toyota cup but don't forget that Hargraves is by far a stand out in that grade and he only just makes first grade standard.    

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7