Orford offered 3 year deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
but you are wrong there, orford at his worst is 3 from 9, monas stepped in 2 years ago and went 5 straight

This is the problem with you monas haters, you are so biased that you cant even be reasonable

deadlyeagle link said:
Its actually not a bad plan considering in 3 years Orford will be in England or retired, he has reached his peak sure and is in gradual decline, so come 3 years later our young junior halves (Foren ect) will be up and ready to play first grade.

During this 3 years the younger ones will get a go in first grade due to injiries and who  knows if they impress sooner than expected its a winning situation or if the juniors fail to perform and live up to expectations within 3 years then we will have enough time to hunt around for other options.

Honestly even to all the Orford haters he is the best option we have NOW, maybe not in 2 - 3 years time but ATM our juniors are too junior, let them battle through QLD CUP first (which is what Hodgkinson is doing).

If Foran is not a regular in the NRL 17 in 12 months time he won't resign with Manly. He will get picked up by another club. He won't be playing Q Cup in 2011 that's for certain. Personally I see Foran as a solution to the 6. I think this is his position.

Hodgkinson is already 21 he has to lift his performaces considerably before he can be considered an NRL no.7.

What happens if Orford's groin gives out next week  ?

I think his groin has given out. He duffed a kick in rnd 3 I think and then tested out his groin. He hasn't taken a goal kick since and it would explain his ****house kicking since.

Cletus link said:
I think his groin has given out. He duffed a kick in rnd 3 I think and then tested out his groin. He hasn't taken a goal kick since and it would explain his S**thouse kicking since.

Yeah i agree, the only reason Lyon is taking the kicking duties now is because Orford did his groin earlier.  Good thing - we would have lost last week if Ox goalkicked. 

In saying that,  I'm going to fence sit on this topic.  There's nothing i can do about it so if he stays i'll support him and if he goes then i'll support whoever else.  The team is bigger than the one person (no matter if they do horrible last tackle options a LOT) so that's how i'm looking at things... for now 

Orford at his worst is better than Monas? I cant even fathom that. Monas was superb with a decent side.

His first few years.. theres only so much you can do with that ****e of a team.

At least Monaghans kicking game and defence was superb.

If orfords groin is still playing up and is inteferring with how he is playing that surely you need to bring in another 7 straight away.

KaZa link said:
At least Monaghans kicking game  was superb.

Must've been watching a different Monaghan to me. I'll never forget that day in Newie in 05. I reckon at least 20 kicks went dead that day. It was abysmal. Maybe it was a tactic to take David Seage out of the game and therefore his kicking was superb that day, and every other day when all his kicks went dead.

Volley link said:
[quote author=KaZa link=topic=180350.msg222401#msg222401 date=1242094672]

At least Monaghans kicking game  was superb.

Must've been watching a different Monaghan to me. I'll never forget that day in Newie in 05. I reckon at least 20 kicks went dead that day. It was abysmal. Maybe it was a tactic to take David Seage out of the game and therefore his kicking was superb that day, and every other day when all his kicks went dead.
[/quote]
I meant his long kicking game lol

There was a period he was down on confidence (i wonder why...) and he was struggling all around.. but everyone goes through that.

On form he was brilliant.

Three year deal!  just plain stupid.  His best is way behind him and  comparing him to Monas is a red herring.  As I've posted before, it must be very dispiriting to play behind the little man, let alone be the perennial understudy to this poor performer.  If Hasler thinks he's got another three years in him, he needs to go as well.     

eggson link said:
... I'm going to fence sit on this topic.  There's nothing i can do about it so if he stays i'll support him and if he goes then i'll support whoever else.  The team is bigger than the one person (no matter if they do horrible last tackle options a LOT) so that's how i'm looking at things... for now 
Been reading the serenity prayer Eggs?  Being sane AND posting here is an interesting concept.

The guy couldn't get a repeat set of six in 80 minutes on the weekend.  He should go to England.  3 years is far too long.

Noted in the paper that Hodgkinson scored two tries and kicked plenty of goals in the Sunshine Coast team, against the top team in the comp. They had a narrow loss (2 points) though they are languishing in the bottom half of the table.

I stand by the Orford - Monaghan comparison. Orford's kicking is Orful and his running game is not what it used to be (no line breaks for a long time) but his passing game is still okay and I have been pleased with his defensive commitment in the last few games. It is clear that he and Bailey are not playing well together.

Canteen Worker link said:
Noted in the paper that Hodgkinson scored two tries and kicked plenty of goals in the Sunshine Coast team, against the top team in the comp.
And how did Hodkinson go C/W?

Rex link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=180350.msg222479#msg222479 date=1242126335]
Noted in the paper that Hodgkinson scored two tries and kicked plenty of goals in the Sunshine Coast team, against the top team in the comp.
[/quote]Are you competing with Fro for 'Forum pedant'? :) :) :)

[quote author=Rex link=topic=180350.msg222481#msg222481 date=1242126524]
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=180350.msg222479#msg222479 date=1242126335]
[/quote]

No CW. Thats not his go.

[quote author=Rex link=topic=180350.msg222481#msg222481 date=1242126524]
[/quote]
It got one laugh (mine).

I'd imagine he wouldn't consider an offer less than 3 yrs. If he accepts he could play into next year, then the up and coming halves would have to get their shot. If he finds himself in reggies he'd seek a release for uk. maybe they'd write the contract up to reflect that kind of contingency.

If his bombs/grubbers game improves he's our best halves option for the time being. It would HAVE to improve after the broncos game.

I say offer him $1M over 3 years and include a claus stating he must pay $1 back to the club for every **** kick that goes straight to the fullback, only 15 meters, dead in goal, out on the full or just plain ****ing terrible.

Reckon we'd end up making a profit.

C W if your only recommendation for keeping the little man is that his passing game is 'still OK', then keeping him is indefensible.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2