Orford meeting with Melbourne again today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't know how much Haig knows about the situation, but it sounds like Manly have offered the least amount to Orford. Very interesting that we could be front runners then. So I gather from this article unless Orford goes to Souths we should get at least Bell.

Bell will go wherever Orfrod goes it seems. That may include staying in Melbourne.

Scary that we're the lowest bidder. Let's hope the Storm don't get Ross. That may make it more attractive for Orford to stay.

The problem with the Viking is he is a Manly supporter and as a result there is a bias towards Manly in most of his writings. But I hope the Sports News tips are right and I hope Haig has been talking to the right people.

First time I have had a look at his site. There is not much action in the forums but it certainly covers a lot of sport.

PS I notice the real sherlock has been quiet of late and has not given us any tips on the Orford deal. I bit thin skinned me thinks.

Not concerned that we are the lowest bidder. At a tax rate approaching 50% the additional amount offered by the Storm would not make a much of a nett difference.

Orford has made it known to all & sundry that he want's to be closer to home so the extra dollars is probably not going to be Orford's primary incentive, particulary after Singo's little $80K gift to him last year.

He will only sign with Souths if, a) he wants to get bashed each week by playing with inferior quality players or b) Souths tell him they are relocating the Central Coast in 2007.

Bell will go wherever Orfrod goes it seems. That may include staying in Melbourne.

Scary that we're the lowest bidder. Let's hope the Storm don't get Ross. That may make it more attractive for Orford to stay.

I think on the contrary Mata. If the Storm snare Ross I doubt they will be able to fit Orford under the cap.

looks like the melb meeting is a last ditch bid ??

interesting that manly bid will be the smallest, although should Orford become of these new "marquee" players we can pay him another $50000 on top of his salary from a "sponsor" Im guessing that BK would be the other Marquee ?

I heard today that the Storm are looking to offload Alex Chan & Jamie Feeney to make room for Orford.

Part of BK's contract was paid last year and heavily loaded this year so that our 2006 salary cap was not to be adversley affected by his contract.

An amount of forsight was used in his signing last year.

well we hope thats the case, cant be sure how much if any, they dont go around releasing that info

Please Explain Pepsi?

Flip, every team is allowed 2 x what are called "Marquee" players, basically these two and only these two are allowed to accept payments to the value of 50K each which does not count under there salary cap. So id say if manly are offereing Orford say 350K we are entitled to give him another 50K from a sponsor.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4