Optimistic for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Seems to be a recurring theme, unfortunately.

As Kez says above, Joey Lussick has been playing well in the SL. There were whispers when Fainu's troubles blew up that we might try to get him back. But would he want to come back?
All of which underlined some of the self-inflicted turmoil of recent years -

The head office;
Clueless Barrett with his no idea f-ckups, some of them in concert with Fulton, neither of whom were keen on Parcell; and
Retention in general.

Apparently we now have juniors playing elsewhere who don’t want a bar of the place. Hopefully Des can turn it back around.

How old is Jack Birt and how highly is he regarded at the club?

Shot at a development contract next year?

The work that Schuster could do with Turbo is enough to make you optimistic. Now if we had a suitable hooker, well that would make next year an even brighter prospect!

With Turbo and some luck it would of been a lot different this year, next year will definately be better, hopefully Tom will be right for the whole year, the promising ones will be better, and who knows what else may pop up, and we can't have the same bad luck, we will be up there next year

I don't share your optimism.

Your case is very best case scenario. With that team all year we would win lots of games, but the reality is depth and it's just not possible to keep such a team on the park.

Manly have MASSIVE holes in their squad. While they have two excellent forwards in Marty and AFB, just look at how the team fall to pieces once they are both off. They have a great half, with no real partner five eighth who ends up having to do everything himself to little effect, and the backs are atrocious with gaps out wide and behind the line unless everyone is on deck.

If Schuster turns out to be a super player and grows into his frame, and Fainu comes back next year, combined with some astute buying of a couple of tall quality outside backs - I give us a chance.

Worst case scenario is a very real threat to Manly's existence. The 5-year plan may never happen. We don't have the resources of Melbourne, the farm of Penrith, or the political clout of the Roosters.

In the end anything can happen, and that's makes the good years so much fun.

NYEagle

I don't share your optimism.

Your case is very best case scenario. With that team all year we would win lots of games, but the reality is depth and it's just not possible to keep such a team on the park.

Manly have MASSIVE holes in their squad. While they have two excellent forwards in Marty and AFB, just look at how the team fall to pieces once they are both off. They have a great half, with no real partner five eighth who ends up having to do everything himself to little effect, and the backs are atrocious with gaps out wide and behind the line unless everyone is on deck.

If Schuster turns out to be a super player and grows into his frame, and Fainu comes back next year, combined with some astute buying of a couple of tall quality outside backs - I give us a chance.

Worst case scenario is a very real threat to Manly's existence. The 5-year plan may never happen. We don't have the resources of Melbourne, the farm of Penrith, or the political clout of the Roosters.

In the end anything can happen, and that's makes the good years so much fun.

NYEagle
Geez I was feeling OK until I read that!
And you could be right. But I can't help feeling there is something about the maroon and white, and our cagey crafty mumbling coach, that won't allow us to miss the honour roll for too much longer.
As to hooker, the style of hooker we need may depend on who our halves will be.

Last edited:
There is no way I would even think of letting go of Taupau, AFB, Sironen, Jake and Tom Trbojevic and DCE. Crazy in my mind to contemplate and I find the criticism of this group doesnt fit the work they do. Second tier Funa, Schuster, Harper, Walker, Keppie, Paseka and Olak. The criticism of Hopa I feel is unwarranted. I carefully watched the last game. He did what was required but saw very little of the ball. His first game also he did as required, nothing special, but no worse than what we've seen from others this year, and its only his first two games. Others worth holding onto Cust, probably Suli. Cant see a place for Taufua or Parker (unless he's in the forwards). Garrett may be OK on the wing but needs good inside men to set him up and use his speed. No way at full back. Fainu of course would be a must stay, if he gets through the mess he's in. Gossie, Waddell and Levi only maybes. But with 28 max next year we need room for the kids like Burbo etc.

With Turbo and some luck it would of been a lot different this year, next year will definately be better, hopefully Tom will be right for the whole year, the promising ones will be better, and who knows what else may pop up, and we can't have the same bad luck, we will be up there next year
Add Turbo and Fainu to our team for most matches this year and we are a top 4 side. Injuries have really screwed us, again. Feels like we haven't had a good run with injuries for the last 4 seasons.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12