Optimist/Pessimist pulse .. UPDATE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How do you currently feel about our future under Seibs?

• Optimistic

• Pessimistic

Results are only viewable after voting.
Holy pessimistic bubble busters .... El Miserables are coming out from under the fridge ...

The Naysayers to success have grown like a weed to 13.3%

Ya got three choices...(probably more bit it's early)

1) Des and family have joined - (uh oh),
2) It's democracy at work - (shocking), or
3) They're doing it to bug you. (unfathomable!!)

I have changed the name of this thread ... formerly the Sea Shawshank redemption to the Optimist/Pessimist pulse .. poll ...

And allowed voters to change their votes based on changing attitude or results ... it will be a constant recording of the pulse of Silvertails ..

1668643617488.png

It’s good that we are feeling optimistic, it is truly better for your soul than living every day in misery.

Of course the poll may change when we start losing games ( which we will ) but hopefully we win more ( even slightly ) than we lose.

We were sadly playing the wrong brand of footy and without Tom we were plaing that at an ordinary level

an emphasis on forwards, kicking and chase games would be an easy quick fix

momentum and working to turn it , instead of low % plays and hope

imagine being methodical with Tom, and a relay squad outside him

every time Tom takes a hit up or dummy half run, he is shaming someone else , within reason of course . And a leader needs to let the team know it.

potential , but a few major roles missing from the team

will a few young forwards and new coaches fill those roles. A bit hopeful but footy is hope

i think we will be stronger in a few basics but may still lack the game to trouble the heavyweights. For the 3rd year in a row it seems our season is still Tomcentric and

Des or Seibs , its tommy really

We were sadly playing the wrong brand of footy and without Tom we were plaing that at an ordinary level

an emphasis on forwards, kicking and chase games would be an easy quick fix

momentum and working to turn it , instead of low % plays and hope

imagine being methodical with Tom, and a relay squad outside him

every time Tom takes a hit up or dummy half run, he is shaming someone else , within reason of course . And a leader needs to let the team know it.

potential , but a few major roles missing from the team

will a few young forwards and new coaches fill those roles. A bit hopeful but footy is hope

i think we will be stronger in a few basics but may still lack the game to trouble the heavyweights. For the 3rd year in a row it seems our season is still Tomcentric and

Des or Seibs , its tommy really
I think we all know we are a few stars short of being top 4 material.

Last edited:
I feel we will start seeing our pack hunting as one. In defence and in attack. Watch them backing up the ball runner, on both sides.
Wouldn’t that be different.

To be honest it’s not anywhere near the best forward pack BUT if they work together, as a unit , they could achieve at a much higher level.

The poll is now sitting where I’d expect it to be , around 90% positive 10% negative.

You’ll always get 10% who are glass half empty types.

The important thing though is where will those figures sit after 4 rounds.

It has been said many times that Footy is not rocket science. Its about teams playing a fast cohesive and well structured football which is centred around controlling the football. You can't win footy games without the ball. With or without Tommy this is the formula required. We lacked composure and played ill disciplined football last year and paid the price. Our ball players need to think about the impact of low percentage plays on our forward pack who last year looked as though they gave up at times. I'm expecting a huge improvement in 2023.

It has been said many times that Footy is not rocket science.

Yeah. I'm always reminded of this classic quote about Tooves:

As current and former Manly players will tell you, Toovey is a basic coach. "Run hard, make a break, score a try is basically all he says," is how one player describes his methodology.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8