Optimist/Pessimist pulse .. UPDATE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How do you currently feel about our future under Seibs?

• Optimistic

• Pessimistic

Results are only viewable after voting.
At 83.6% the optimists are singing .. This is the real life ... but the pessimists are chanting .. This is just a fantasy, we are caught in a landslide, no escape from reality ...

Maybe a little high, maybe a little low ...

Well, ... at least Seib's first team list Tuesday hasn't made me change my vote ..

im still not sold on the new structures

most structure is from the spine and they were all different in the trials and will be all different on saturday

defence and enthusiasm were up but youth can do that.so can competition, maturing of the young guys and the new coaches of course. but when we leak it still a torrent

we were still compressed in defence. most teams are. we played well when the other team gave us ball and looked poor when they stopped

our props didnt dent the line too much but backowers went good

kicking game wasnt flash but the kickers will be different

our depth did look good with a few logjams in the making around the halves and backrow

just getting back to footy. it was a trial, 3 days to see whats really changed

we will improve with depth, youth, attitude and enthusiasm

but to improve into top 6 we need new game management, forward thrust and tom more as a decoy. all still unknown. with schuster out all eyes will be on TOM.......again

im still not sold on the new structures

most structure is from the spine and they were all different in the trials and will be all different on saturday

defence and enthusiasm were up but youth can do that.so can competition, maturing of the young guys and the new coaches of course. but when we leak it still a torrent

we were still compressed in defence. most teams are. we played well when the other team gave us ball and looked poor when they stopped

our props didnt dent the line too much but backowers went good

kicking game wasnt flash but the kickers will be different

our depth did look good with a few logjams in the making around the halves and backrow

just getting back to footy. it was a trial, 3 days to see whats really changed

we will improve with depth, youth, attitude and enthusiasm

but to improve into top 6 we need new game management, forward thrust and tom more as a decoy. all still unknown. with schuster out all eyes will be on TOM.......again
Biggest thing I am looking for is how easily the opposition make meters and how easily they score tries. If they have to work hard to score and because of weight of possession thanks to dubious refs then ok but if we give anything easily like the 3 vs the rorters in the trial then it'll be a concern.

Biggest thing I am looking for is how easily the opposition make meters and how easily they score tries. If they have to work hard to score and because of weight of possession thanks to dubious refs then ok but if we give anything easily like the 3 vs the rorters in the trial then it'll be a concern.
yeah the team itself knows its identity and its own metal.

im not the biggest DCE fan but the game last season against the cows where we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory i kind of understood that moment where he overplayed his hand. sure i would have preferred he played tight and kicked into the ingoal but that was never going to happen, so he went for our go to, score more than them

i thought it was a telling moment for this reason other than the result. the whole team knew, he knew, we wouldnt hold them out and had to outscore them and kill there spirit and NOW

We have our first confirmed change of heart ... The Pessimists have dropped from 33 to 32 ... somebody started drinking the Kool aid. ...

Last edited:
Good Lord ... we have had another Pessimist step into the sun light .... now down to 31 voters ..

They are converting in their droves ... in droves ..

Okay .... All the pre season hype, PR and media is done .... everybody has tasted the raspberry cordial ... and all Silvertailian's are excited ... that is except the 15.8% that aren't ...

Going into the first game of the season ... optimism amongst fans is riding high at 84.2% ...

If you haven't voted yet ... vote now ...

If you have changed your opinion ... change your vote ...

And go the Sea Eagles ...

You optimists are a pushy bunch. But winning our first rd1 match in 10 years is a big deal so i changed my vote.

Don't panic ... if we lose next game you can change it back ... it's a pulse ... it should go up and down to reflect current attitudes ...

What we watched yesterday was only the beginning of what this team can achieve this year .Defense was good and no injuries . We have a couple of attacking players to come in with Saab and Schuster .I have not seen a start like this for a while with a first game full house and a win .My prediction of a top 4 finish has started and the team should put the Eels away in the next round .Maaaaaanly .

Optimism pulse 5th March ...

26/10/22 .. optimistic 92.6%
09/11/22 .. optimistic 91.7%
29/11/22 .. optimistic 84.9% .. 152 votes
12/12/22 .. optimistic 83.5% .. 158 votes
01/01/23 .. optimistic 82.9% .. 170 votes
16/01/23 .. optimistic 82.7% .. 173 voters
01/02/23 .. optimistic 82.1% .. 184 voters
19/02/23 .. optimistic 82.3% .. 192 voters
05/03/23 .. optimistic 85.3% .. 197 voters

There has been a small increase in optimism following our first game and win ...

Optimism pulse 5th March ...

26/10/22 .. optimistic 92.6%
09/11/22 .. optimistic 91.7%
29/11/22 .. optimistic 84.9% .. 152 votes
12/12/22 .. optimistic 83.5% .. 158 votes
01/01/23 .. optimistic 82.9% .. 170 votes
16/01/23 .. optimistic 82.7% .. 173 voters
01/02/23 .. optimistic 82.1% .. 184 voters
19/02/23 .. optimistic 82.3% .. 192 voters
05/03/23 .. optimistic 85.3% .. 197 voters

There has been a small increase in optimism following our first game and win ...

How many votes has Technical Coach had🤔

One must admire the pessimist's dogged determination to remain .. "realistic"

Apart from a couple of come to Jesus converts ... they remain unimpressed ...

Perhaps a win against the Worms next week will rock their world ....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4