Optimist/Pessimist pulse .. UPDATE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How do you currently feel about our future under Seibs?

• Optimistic

• Pessimistic

Results are only viewable after voting.
Generally with a new coaching regime you nab a few high profile recruits. Unfortunately there been crickets in that regard

I'm sure Kyle will be linked to us shortly.

Although he would be considered high profile on the other end of the scale.

Yikes and Great Ceasars Ghost ... they walk amongst us .... or more correctly shuffle and scurry ....

The Failure fan club has grown to 13.3% on the back of 17 doomsayers ....

PSS .. are any of the NO voters interested in telling us why they think the greatest coaching team in history will fail ?
Sorry to get in the way of your grandstanding but please refer to post 116 for my reasons.
I voted no.
we finished the season as dead ducks. Seibold has never turned a team around (souffs were thereabouts when he took over)
I'm hopeful but I'll take bets that we won't win the grand final next year from anyone.

Yikes and Great Ceasars Ghost ... they walk amongst us .... or more correctly shuffle and scurry ....

The Failure fan club has grown to 13.3% on the back of 17 doomsayers ....

PSS .. are any of the NO voters interested in telling us why they think the greatest coaching team in history will fail ?
I just voted no to add some juice to your poll.🤣
Plus it was getting up mark from Brisbane nose with des fan boys, ( an unhealthy fixation MFB)😜

I also have doubts about Seibold, flanno may cover up his flaws, but Seibold hasn't saw out any of his coaching contracts, with last start nrl, less said the better.

Plus it was getting up mark from Brisbane nose with des fan boys, ( an unhealthy fixation MFB)😜

I also have doubts about Seibold, flanno may cover up his flaws, but Seibold hasn't saw out any of his coaching contracts, with last start nrl, less said the better.
Would you prefer we still had Des as coach?

No worries ..

but I'll see your Seib's last start ... and raise you Dessie's last 3 starts ..

For 2023 … would you have kept Des or sacked Des?
Given the circumstances of the season, I would have let des see out his contract, bought out Penn, told him to fk off and to take with him that other twit part owner.
Alas I have no control over who does what

If we fail to make the 8 in 23 do you think the season is a success under the new coach ?

Given the circumstances of the season, I would have let des see out his contract, bought out Penn, told him to fk off and to take with him that other twit part owner.
Alas I have no control over who does what

If we fail to make the 8 in 23 do you think the season is a success under the new coach ?
I don’t know if 23 will be a success or failure. But I could not handle another season of Des coaching, tactics and selections!

Just sayin’

I don’t know if 23 will be a success or failure. But I could not handle another season of Des coaching, tactics and selections!

Just sayin’
Fair enough and I shared your frustrations at times with those things. I also looked at it with the events from Turbo injury, injury list in general thru to rainbowgate and how that affected the season results too.
I'm not saying ( see what I did there ) I would have renewed Des for 24, but thought he should have at least saw out his contract.

Should we get worse results heads should roll.

Sorry to get in the way of your grandstanding but please refer to post 116 for my reasons.
I voted no.
we finished the season as dead ducks. Seibold has never turned a team around (souffs were thereabouts when he took over)
I'm hopeful but I'll take bets that we won't win the grand final next year from anyone.
There’s absolutely ZERO chance of us winning the 2023 GF , regardless of who is the coach BUT what we can hope for is some improvement, and that mate , will be a good start !!

Last edited:
Fair enough and I shared your frustrations at times with those things. I also looked at it with the events from Turbo injury, injury list in general thru to rainbowgate and how that affected the season results too.
I'm not saying ( see what I did there ) I would have renewed Des for 24, but thought he should have at least saw out his contract.

Should we get worse results heads should roll.
If we go backwards I’d agree.

If we’d kept Des ( as the fan boys wanted ) we’d be spending the entire year whinging about the same things as we have for the last 3 years and would have achieved absolutely sweet **** all!

At least under this new coaching regime , ( well I hope at least) , selections will be made on merit , and loyalty should mean diddly squat.

And just those two things alone will be a welcome change.

Each and every one of us knows our recruiting has been exceptionally ordinary, why ???

***We are the pits and not yet seen as a good destination for players.

***There’s a 17th club next year , meaning they’ve had to recruit 30 new players ( not just the 3 or so we need ) and they’ve been paying more to get them.

***We started well behind the 8 ball, we literally didn’t have confirmation who the coach was going to be until a few weeks ago so literally which star player would sign up under those circumstances??

To think we are going to magically be top 4 after all this is ludicrous BUT there should be an expectation that we’ll be better than 2022.

If we could finish say 5/6 that’s a major success, if it’s 7/8 still a great success.

Even 9/10 should still be consisted better.

But Rome wasn’t built in a day so let’s be realistic as well , it’s not going to be easy !!

If we go backwards I’d agree.

If we’d kept Des ( as the fan boys wanted ) we’d be spending the entire year whinging about the same things as we have for the last 3 years and would have achieved absolutely sweet **** all!

At least under this new coaching regime , ( well I hope at least) , selections will be made on merit , and loyalty should mean diddly squat.

And just those two things alone will be a welcome change.

Each and every one of us knows our recruiting has been exceptionally ordinary, why ???

***We are the pits and not yet seen as a good destination for players.

***There’s a 17th club next year , meaning they’ve had to recruit 30 new players ( not just the 3 or so we need ) and they’ve been paying more to get them.

***We started well behind the 8 ball, we literally didn’t have confirmation who the coach was going to be until a few weeks ago so literally which star player would sign up under those circumstances??

To think we are going to magically be top 4 after all this is ludicrous BUT there should be an expectation that we’ll be better than 2022.

If we could finish say 5/6 that’s a major success, if it’s 7/8 still a great success.

Even 9/10 should still be consisted better.

But Rome wasn’t built in a day so let’s be realistic as well , it’s not going to be easy !!
Here's the rub though, we can't presume anything will be different till it is. We could still be whinging about the same things we have done with the new coach and systems. We don't know, and won't till after the fact.

I didn't see to many whingers in 21, we received extra TV coverage in 22 on the back of 21 performance. I know you will say "oh but Tommy.....", yet in the same breath say Tom being injured for most of 22 is not an excuse. Can't have it one way.

We were top 4 in 21 so I cannot see how coming 9 /10 should be considered better than the off field **** storm suffered in 22.
7 / 8 is marginally better in my mind.

Recruitment is a whole other issue, I'm not blurring the lines between the two.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4