Optimist/Pessimist pulse .. UPDATE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How do you currently feel about our future under Seibs?

• Optimistic

• Pessimistic

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah. I'm always reminded of this classic quote about Tooves:

As current and former Manly players will tell you, Toovey is a basic coach. "Run hard, make a break, score a try is basically all he says," is how one player describes his methodology.

I was speaking to one of our 1972 Premiership winning players at an Golden Eagles Function and he told ne that Our First and Dual Premiership Winning coach Ron Willey was a no nonsense run hard bash hard type of coach . Ron also Coached NSW .

Roy Masters who had success lifting his budget roster Wests team was another coach that uses the same metrology
Toovey took us to finals and Grand finals with his Inspirational Methology and for those that remember our close grand final loss to the roosters would also remember it was the luck of the draw loss and not because of inadequate coaching

Last edited:
The fairer sex (gender) ... at least she is positive ...

1668739764342.png

It has been said many times that Footy is not rocket science. Its about teams playing a fast cohesive and well structured football which is centred around controlling the football. You can't win footy games without the ball. With or without Tommy this is the formula required. We lacked composure and played ill disciplined football last year and paid the price. Our ball players need to think about the impact of low percentage plays on our forward pack who last year looked as though they gave up at times. I'm expecting a huge improvement in 2023.
If we could just do these four simple things really well I think the rest would follow.

***Get a consistently high completion rate.

***Have a kicking game that’s see’s us putting pressure on the opposition on tackle 6.

***Set a defensive line that works together and trusts each other to get the job done, no rushing up out of the line because you don’t trust the guy beside you.

***Whilst mistakes will happen getting a really high % of mistake free footy.

NONE of those 4 things are flashy , and none of those four things are going to win the games v the top 4 sides , but do those four things , consistently and we will win more than we lose.

***Have a kicking game that’s see’s us putting pressure on the opposition on tackle 6.

***Set a defensive line that works together and trusts each other to get the job done, no rushing up out of the line because you don’t trust the guy beside you.

This is basically the Eels game plan which has worked so well for them over the last few seasons.

I was speaking to one of our 1972 Premiership winning players at an Golden Eagles Function and he told ne that Our First and Dual Premiership Winning coach Ron Willey was a no nonsense run hard bash hard type of coach . Ron also Coached NSW .

Roy Masters who had success lifting his budget roster Wests team was another coach that uses the same metrology
Toovey took us to finals and Grand finals with his Inspirational Metrology and for those that remember our close grand final loss to the roosters would also remember it was the luck of the draw loss and not because of inadequate coaching
Thanks @BOZO My father coached Fulton & Peters et al, and had a little bit to do with them coming across to Manly at that time. Peters via Parramatta, and Fulton directly ...... He also coached NSW Combined High Schools before Roy Masters (Masters was his assistant) . Arko is his mate from that that time.
They are both pushing 90s right now. He was at Barbara's commemoration at the Southport Yacht Club, and is still more connected to MWSE than I will ever be. He ended up as Inspector of Schools NSW, and so has his stories of Hasler and others from his time in that system.
My grandfather was at MWSE from the beginning (1947), and I will always be Manly, regardless of your bull**** membership spam ........
Having said that, I do admire your passion and your consistency.
Go Manly.

Thanks @BOZO My father coached Fulton & Peters et al, and had a little bit to do with them coming across to Manly at that time. Peters via Parramatta, and Fulton directly ...... He also coached NSW Combined High Schools before Roy Masters (Masters was his assistant) . Arko is his mate from that that time.
They are both pushing 90s right now. He was at Barbara's commemoration at the Southport Yacht Club, and is still more connected to MWSE than I will ever be. He ended up as Inspector of Schools NSW, and so has his stories of Hasler and others from his time in that system.
My grandfather was at MWSE from the beginning (1947), and I will always be Manly, regardless of your bull**** membership spam ........
Having said that, I do admire your passion and your consistency.
Go Manly.
That's a pretty impressive Sea Eagles connection

If we could just do these four simple things really well I think the rest would follow.

NONE of those 4 things are flashy , and none of those four things are going to win the games v the top 4 sides , but do those four things , consistently and we will win more than we lose.
we need to give the forwards this possession/ field position platform so they can lay there own, its the circle of life, and its hard judging them until they get it IMO forwards are judged by what they do early, especially

its because of how badly we are beaten in ball control and smarts , early in games that shapes so many results, before the eventual even up occurs. Our first interchange are often owned. You cant replace your top prop after 25 with 3 hit ups and 16 tackles and expect them to lay a platform. Its defies sense

A front rower wont address this list

neither does replacing foran with schuster Regardless of how well schuster plays

In 2021 the pack of keppie, jetski, marty , schuster, and sirro was good enough because Tom played the key roles we missed this season, which gave the pack momentum and a sniff early

we will never have an NRL kick game until our kicker tries to engage the line on occasions . It affects everything, and is the reason why tom is the only effective chaser, as he is the only one deep enough to be considered legal.

how predictable and easy is it to defend our kick game. Its catching practice for wingers

just an observation from my telly, my reception is fuzzy though, just ask ……………

Yeah. I'm always reminded of this classic quote about Tooves:

As current and former Manly players will tell you, Toovey is a basic coach. "Run hard, make a break, score a try is basically all he says," is how one player describes his methodology.

Had forgotten how Tooves learned of major events at Manly whilst live on air @:cry:

I'd be happy with three out of four, Mark. Just hoping we show improvement somewhere.

But really, none of it is going to matter unless we have 17 players taking the field every week who want to win games of footy more than anything else in the world. Do our blokes have the desire and commitment to win a premiership? Only time will tell.

First of all want to apologise to all in wake of Hasler, sacking I somewhat went over the top with comments to Bozo and Matai shoulders. I certainly deep down knew we needed change not happy how it occurred but team selections have been pathetic for a while. It did get myself a 4 week rest off silvertails.
Scott Penn took some heat so apologies to him also.
Onto new staff I just do not know I really think we needed recruiting for 2023 of a decent front rower which has not happened and I believe we are weak in this area.
There no doubt lines of communication will be better with decent assitants and support staff but is it enough to get to heights of 2021 top 4 I don't know.
I do see improvement but issues in roster around middles and 9 quality mean Tom will face pressure of taking us to finals and above.

we need to give the forwards this possession/ field position platform so they can lay there own, its the circle of life, and its hard judging them until they get it IMO forwards are judged by what they do early, especially

its because of how badly we are beaten in ball control and smarts , early in games that shapes so many results, before the eventual even up occurs. Our first interchange are often owned. You cant replace your top prop after 25 with 3 hit ups and 16 tackles and expect them to lay a platform. Its defies sense

neither does replacing foran with schuster Regardless of how well schuster plays

In 2021 the pack of keppie, jetski, marty , schuster, and sirro was good enough because Tom played the key roles we missed this season, which gave the pack momentum and a sniff early

we will never have an NRL kick game until our kicker tries to engage the line on occasions . It affects everything, and is the reason why tom is the only effective chaser, as he is the only one deep enough to be considered legal.

how predictable and easy is it to defend our kick game. Its catching practice for wingers

If only we could get a basic competent halfback! Our forwards will never have a hope while ever we're lumbered with the bungling, inadequate Kangaroos and Queensland halfback!
trick shot win GIF by MANGOTEETH

Really in the no idea category , just so much dependent on Turbo having a relatively injury free season and sorting out the 6 and 13 positions . New coaching set up should help and be a positive but only so much under their control as well . Reasonably hopeful of being a better organized and well drilled outfit and that "s about it

You could have saved yourself a lot of time and typing .... by just saying ..

"Woodsie is correct as usual, we were a very poorly coached football team"

Really in the no idea category , just so much dependent on Turbo having a relatively injury free season and sorting out the 6 and 13 positions . New coaching set up should help and be a positive but only so much under their control as well . Reasonably hopeful of being a better organized and well drilled outfit and that "s about it
I’d be surprised if they didn’t immediately start working on getting a few basics right.

The flashy stuff can come later.

If we can get the basics right we’ll start winning more than 50% of games.

But may not beat the top 4, YET!!

Yikes and Great Ceasars Ghost ... they walk amongst us .... or more correctly shuffle and scurry ....

The Failure fan club has grown to 13.3% on the back of 17 doomsayers ....

PSS .. are any of the NO voters interested in telling us why they think the greatest coaching team in history will fail ?

Generally with a new coaching regime you nab a few high profile recruits. Unfortunately there been crickets in that regard

Early days ... the coach hasn't even turned up to training yet.

That also depends on current roster and salary cap ... I think you will see the movement you predict next year ....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6