Optimist/Pessimist pulse .. UPDATE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How do you currently feel about our future under Seibs?

• Optimistic

• Pessimistic

Results are only viewable after voting.
Every off season, the clubs and NRL sell hope to perspective members and fans. Hope is the off season product. And manlys marketing has upped the ante after flushing hope by the bucketload at seasons end

losses/ gains.
training the house down, given up the grog, seen a guru, go vegan, settle down, had kids, found a keeper , switched clubs, did it for my family, new outdoor settings, calves blood, found my lucky undies,

its like new years resolutions really

Im genuinely enthusiastic about footy season starting. Our end of season set the bar low, hard not to see improvement somewhere.

seibs and flanno are good enough coaches but i expect that if it gets tough early , the cracks will appear in the group .i still think footy is the least of our problems overall. But looking forward to this combo of structures and old school bcause we were stale and fractured

always optimistic about footy, but would i put money on them ……….i buy the odd lotto tickets but never gamble On anything else . Lets leave it there.

i havnt voted because its too hard to substantiate what would be success with this mob. Losing no games by more than about 12 points would be a start even if we finish 10 th . And not this 38 nil at halftime and lose 42- 30 .

Thats not a success , ever . Thats the opposition knowing we are there b1tch and saving some bruises for someone committed to the contest

To all the pessimistic feathered friends I would like to say that

in your midst of doubt only optimism clears the air

And once you clear your pessimistic mind

You will start to see all the all the positives and potential towards our Premiership winning quest

One positive thought can change the course of our lives and spiral it towards a successful and rewarding and fulfilling journey

So break away from the negative pessimistic chaines that are holding you back
and enjoy the Negative Freedom that you deserve
breaking-chains.jpg

i havnt voted because its too hard to substantiate what would be success with this mob. Losing no games by more than about 12 points would be a start even if we finish 10 th . And not this 38 nil at halftime and lose 42- 30 .

Get off the fence ....

It doesn't what you define as success ... that is your own personal algorithm ... for example, mine is to be talked about as genuine contenders by next season ... for some it is nothing less than a grandfinal, others simply a top 8 finish ...

Vote now .. and vote often .... you change always change your vote ...

Get off the fence ....

It doesn't what you define as success ... that is your own personal algorithm ... for example, mine is to be talked about as genuine contenders by next season ... for some it is nothing less than a grandfinal, others simply a top 8 finish ...

Vote now .. and vote often .... you change always change your vote ...
so you voted NO…….lol

when i vote i need a democracy sausage to alleviate the pain. ive always maintained that if online shopping had a food court, westfield would be dead to me. A bit random

Aahh the point
but your a good contributor with plenty of forum energy and content so its the least i could do, well ive done less but
getting there

quick question
possibly could you add a maybe to the mix

just mucking, my vote has been cast .

seibs and flanno to be a success, just hoping its at manly,

fence leaning i call that But i voted
my measure is no floggings first , floggings are attitude and not manly unless we hand them out .

Every off season, the clubs and NRL sell hope to perspective members and fans. Hope is the off season product. And manlys marketing has upped the ante after flushing hope by the bucketload at seasons end

losses/ gains.
training the house down, given up the grog, seen a guru, go vegan, settle down, had kids, found a keeper , switched clubs, did it for my family, new outdoor settings, calves blood, found my lucky undies,

its like new years resolutions really

Im genuinely enthusiastic about footy season starting. Our end of season set the bar low, hard not to see improvement somewhere.

seibs and flanno are good enough coaches but i expect that if it gets tough early , the cracks will appear in the group .i still think footy is the least of our problems overall. But looking forward to this combo of structures and old school bcause we were stale and fractured

always optimistic about footy, but would i put money on them ……….i buy the odd lotto tickets but never gamble On anything else . Lets leave it there.

Thats not a success , ever . Thats the opposition knowing we are there b1tch and saving some bruises for someone committed to the contest
They have certainly been pumping out the feel good stories .... and that's ok. Better that than nothing. And I'm also enthusiastic about the start of the season. But tempered so I don't have to crash too far to Earth if we start poorly.

And I'm with you on the 42-30 finishes. I hate them! I'd rather the 42 nil so they can see it writ large just how sh^te they were.

There is just one problem - I kept throwing out my lucky undies after every half and full time of all those lost games starting with the Dragons. Consequently, I won't be wearing any. Which will be fine in the comfort of my home for away games but could be a tad tricky when I'm sitting in my plush plastic seat at Brookie. :eek:

They have certainly been pumping out the feel good stories .... and that's ok. Better that than nothing. And I'm also enthusiastic about the start of the season. But tempered so I don't have to crash too far to Earth if we start poorly.

And I'm with you on the 42-30 finishes. I hate them! I'd rather the 42 nil so they can see it writ large just how sh^te they were.

There is just one problem - I kept throwing out my lucky undies after every half and full time of all those lost games starting with the Dragons. Consequently, I won't be wearing any. Which will be fine in the comfort of my home for away games but could be a tad tricky when I'm sitting in my plush plastic seat at Brookie. :eek:
yeah, while there is entertainment in a win, i love a contest, on the edge of my seat.I've never watched footy for the tries as such. Not saying i dont love them but watching sides wear eachother down, chipping away. Its gold

sad about your lucky jox, probably sadder for the people in front of you at brookie.
hang on was that you commando eagle

yeah, while there is entertainment in a win, i love a contest, on the edge of my seat.I've never watched footy for the tries as such. Not saying i dont love them but watching sides wear eachother down, chipping away. Its gold

sad about your lucky jox, probably sadder for the people in front of you at brookie.
hang on was that you commando eagle
Very sad!

My optimism is still strong and very much based on new coaches, fresh ideas , and putting the past to bed.

Injuries will be the key , we’ve had an horrific run the last 5 years surely it’s time for the footy gods to be shining down on us.

If we go ok in that sense we could be top 8.

Still a pessimist because watching that trial only raised more questions about the starting side lol. Mainly around the pack and 9 position.

The mid month pulse recording will be delayed until Sat, after the second trial ...

If you haven't voted .. vote ..
if you have and have changed your mind ... you can change your vote as often as you wish ..

We win on Friday the vote will probably not change

We lose on Friday the vote will certainly change
Probably .

some factors
depending how much time most of first grade is out there

but
people want to see german precision to ensue des was been washed out…… twice
forwards to be arrested after game for murder
team runs to and from game without stoppage to ensure donny has been washed out …..twice

round 2 bye on the above

Probably .

some factors
depending how much time most of first grade is out there

but
people want to see german precision to ensue des was been washed out…… twice
forwards to be arrested after game for murder
team runs to and from game without stoppage to ensure donny has been washed out …..twice

round 2 bye on the above
It’s still only a trial , but looks like they’ve picked a fair side

Manly fans in telling backflip after Des Hasler and Anthony Seibold dramas​

Angry Sea Eagles supporters vowed to boycott the club after Des Hasler was sacked - but it appears they've had a change of heart.​

Adam Lucius
Adam Lucius
·Contributor
Tue, 14 February 2023 at 12:15 pm AEDT·3-min read

Fittingly, Manly waited until Valentine's Day eve to announce fans were again in love with the club. The Sea Eagles' membership drive is 2000 signatures ahead of the figure at the same time last year.

If it keeps tracking north, as expected, it will hit record territory. Season tickets have also sold strongly and merchandise sales are healthy.

It makes you think someone must have forgotten to hand out invites to the revolution. Those who threatened to walk away from the club in the aftermath to the Des Hasler sacking have either had second thoughts, done a big 180 or forget to opt out of the automatic membership renewal.

For all the anger, emotion and threats at the time, there were no player walk-outs, no fan boycotts…not even a single jumper set on fire. They say goldfish have short memories but rugby league fans give them a good run for their money.

Fittingly, Manly waited until Valentine's Day eve to announce fans were again in love with the club. The Sea Eagles' membership drive is 2000 signatures ahead of the figure at the same time last year. If it keeps tracking north, as expected, it will hit record territory. Season tickets have also sold strongly and merchandise sales are healthy.

It makes you think someone must have forgotten to hand out invites to the revolution. Those who threatened to walk away from the club in the aftermath to the Des Hasler sacking have either had second thoughts, done a big 180 or forget to opt out of the automatic membership renewal.
For all the anger, emotion and threats at the time, there were no player walk-outs, no fan boycotts…not even a single jumper set on fire. They say goldfish have short memories but rugby league fans give them a good run for their money.

Supporters of all teams are easily placated, at least until we start playing for competition points. Sea Eagles fans have gone from bummed out to buoyant in a few short months, encouraged by coach Anthony Seibold's near seamless entry to the top job, CEO Tony Mestrov's reassuring leadership, Tom Trobejevic's successful return from the US panel beaters and a solid trial win over the Rabbitohs.

It makes a nice change from the vitriol that hit the northern beaches like a southerly change when Hasler was shown the door. I kept some comments from that time, just as a reminder to how toxic it was.

Here are a few samples: "Now Tom (Trbojevic) is speaking to his manager about his future. Apparently not happy with this idiotic decision (to sack Hasler). Just what we needed. A rebuild by Seibold and another rebuild to fix whatever mess he leaves. Very smart business decision," one fan wrote.

Another told us: "Manly is a dictatorship and (Scott) Penn is the dictator. There is no board at Manly anymore, there hasn’t been a board since Penn became majority shareholder. There is only a group of talentless cronies that do whatever Penn wants. Tony Mestrov is the latest stooge to be used up and spat out."

Then there's this bloke, who presumably won’t be watching a Manly game until at least 2026. "50 years I have followed Manly. If Siebold gets the job, I will not support them while he is coach...,"he pledged.

Tony Mestrov speaks out after dramas at Manly​

Mestrov is nobody's stooge – in fact, the complete opposite. He's lost friendships over some of the decisions he made, but will always do what's right by the club no matter the personal cost.

"I know how much passion there is for this club because I started out as a fan just like them," Mestrov told Yahoo Sport Australia. "Some tough decisions were made last year and change doesn't come easy, but every decision was made in the club's best interests.

"I'm delighted our fans have responded so strongly in buying memberships and season tickets and we can’t wait to repay that support on the field." As John Paul Young might say, love is in the air at Manly.

Manly fans in telling backflip after Des Hasler and Anthony Seibold dramas​

Angry Sea Eagles supporters vowed to boycott the club after Des Hasler was sacked - but it appears they've had a change of heart.​

Adam Lucius
Adam Lucius
·Contributor
Tue, 14 February 2023 at 12:15 pm AEDT·3-min read

Fittingly, Manly waited until Valentine's Day eve to announce fans were again in love with the club. The Sea Eagles' membership drive is 2000 signatures ahead of the figure at the same time last year.

If it keeps tracking north, as expected, it will hit record territory. Season tickets have also sold strongly and merchandise sales are healthy.

Fittingly, Manly waited until Valentine's Day eve to announce fans were again in love with the club. The Sea Eagles' membership drive is 2000 signatures ahead of the figure at the same time last year. If it keeps tracking north, as expected, it will hit record territory. Season tickets have also sold strongly and merchandise sales are healthy.

Supporters of all teams are easily placated, at least until we start playing for competition points. Sea Eagles fans have gone from bummed out to buoyant in a few short months, encouraged by coach Anthony Seibold's near seamless entry to the top job, CEO Tony Mestrov's reassuring leadership, Tom Trobejevic's successful return from the US panel beaters and a solid trial win over the Rabbitohs.

It makes a nice change from the vitriol that hit the northern beaches like a southerly change when Hasler was shown the door. I kept some comments from that time, just as a reminder to how toxic it was.

Here are a few samples: "Now Tom (Trbojevic) is speaking to his manager about his future. Apparently not happy with this idiotic decision (to sack Hasler). Just what we needed. A rebuild by Seibold and another rebuild to fix whatever mess he leaves. Very smart business decision," one fan wrote.

Another told us: "Manly is a dictatorship and (Scott) Penn is the dictator. There is no board at Manly anymore, there hasn’t been a board since Penn became majority shareholder. There is only a group of talentless cronies that do whatever Penn wants. Tony Mestrov is the latest stooge to be used up and spat out."

Then there's this bloke, who presumably won’t be watching a Manly game until at least 2026. "50 years I have followed Manly. If Siebold gets the job, I will not support them while he is coach...,"he pledged.

Tony Mestrov speaks out after dramas at Manly​

Mestrov is nobody's stooge – in fact, the complete opposite. He's lost friendships over some of the decisions he made, but will always do what's right by the club no matter the personal cost.

"I know how much passion there is for this club because I started out as a fan just like them," Mestrov told Yahoo Sport Australia. "Some tough decisions were made last year and change doesn't come easy, but every decision was made in the club's best interests.

"I'm delighted our fans have responded so strongly in buying memberships and season tickets and we can’t wait to repay that support on the field." As John Paul Young might say, love is in the air at Manly.
Clearly this journalist reads Silvertails ( Hi Adam ).

I never said that , in fact I was delighted at the change.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7