Open training session - NRL Squad @ Blacktown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great afternoon for those of us based in the West mate! All of our Top 30 were there (notables not training AFB, Jake, Schuster, Hopoate, Dylan Walker, who picked up a minor knee injury last week) along with the Blacktown squad. They were broken into 5 teams mixed in terms of player experience etc, with a round robin style of short modified games.

Sironen, Turbo and Joel Thompson were all training with the main group, Turbo in particular was looking quite fit and very chatty/animated out there.

It was actually a really solid turn out, which probably highlights the base of supporters in Western Sydney. Several hundred fans were lining up post training session with players again going above and beyond to ensure the fans got a great experience.

I think it was a great move by the club and I only see it as a positive if they continue to foster that relationship with the Blacktown club where possible.

Totally agree.
My eldest daughter took out her little brother ( I don't know who was more excited ) and they had a great time. My daughter couldn't believe how easy it was to meet the players and the signing session, the only thing she was disappointed about was that she didn't take anything specifically to get signed but my youngest is concerned that DCE's signature on his jersey will come off in the wash!

I'd say after the response they got it would be prudent to do another one late in pre-season to really engage the younger ones.

Pics from yesterday event at Blacktown, I spotted at least one Silvertailer in the pics, any others?

Pics from yesterday event at Blacktown, I spotted at least one Silvertailer in the pics, any others?

Thanks!
Hey, in the wide shot, who is the bloke standing head and shoulders above everyone else?
And Good to see T Rex still using gang hand signs (or maybe he just lost a few fingers)(or about to make a phone call??)
(Also, do you know who is the player in the final pic, arms stretched wide? is it Jetski?

Thanks!
Hey, in the wide shot, who is the bloke standing head and shoulders above everyone else?
And Good to see T Rex still using gang hand signs (or maybe he just lost a few fingers)(or about to make a phone call??)
(Also, do you know who is the player in the final pic, arms stretched wide? is it Jetski?

Not sure who the bloke is in wide shot but Zac Stadler is the final pic

Thanks!
TRex is showing the Hawaiian Hang Loose sign not anything nefarious - probably missing ScoMo :p
images

The young guy in the last pick looks to be Dean Matterson
images

We look to have a new batch of BWSE

Teams

Great video, nice work by our media team and a great try as well!!

Great afternoon out there and congratulations to the Manly Club on showcasing the guys. Edwin Ipape looked pretty good to me and actually reminded me a lot of Api. He actually looked a little overawed with all the big names around him but did his job very well. He has good hands and a very good passing game. There was no tacking so not sure about this side but I think this kid might be a stayer. I was also really impressed with the young half out there who I think was Luke Metcalf. Very good with the ball in hand, very crafty and super quick over short distance. Other thing to stand out was the sheer size of some of the cattle. I don't think we will get caught short up front next year. Keppie's personality is brilliant and will be a big plus for the side. He never shut up and was always smiling and laughing. My player of the recent semi series and definite starter for next year!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4