Open Letter To Matt Orford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just passing comment from the responses you made.

You see, when Monas makes a few errors you magnify them 10x, but you seem to miss the errors your Messiah makes. ;)

Perhaps you need to read a thread further down the page byso.

Mata isn't bagging Monaghan. He has conceded he had a good game.

What deep down I think he is wondering is all the blokes who crack it when someone digg monas over a bad game, are now giving it to orford after.... 1 bad game.

I also think his comments are directed more towards coaching staff. The team doesn't select itself and Monas should have been 6 yesterday so the best up and coming player in the NRL (Ballin) could start at hooker.

Flip, Mata deserves to reap what he has sown and with byso there has been a lot of crap slinging the other way for some time.

Orford has had 3 games where he has been mediocre now and most people are not calling for him to be dropped but to pull his finger out and start playing like we know he can. He is Captain and chief playmaker and being paid as such whilst currently being upstaged by mister fix it. There were some good signs late in the game where he started to take the line on again and this is when he is at his creative best. Also a good sign was Orford taking the final conversion.

But now its 3 weeks of mediocre footy in a row, how much more time do you give a guy in his second year on that much money to start playing consistant good footy with the occasional off day?

I give him more chances than that of a bloke who wants to leave the club half way through a contract.

Orford is the better half. If we are happy to sit through monas bad points then why is it so hard for Orford considering he is twice the player.

I have to admit, for a player that reportedly earns $50,000 more than Darren Lockyer, Orford certainly isn't playing to his price tag. At this stage of this year, Monaghan is better value for money.

The issue is his (monaghan's) way he deals with the media regarding going elsewhere for mine.

On the park - Monnas is maybe in the top three 1/2 backs right now (Thurston / Prince / Monaghan). And it kills me to admit it !!! LoL

On the park - Monnas is maybe in the top three 1/2 backs right now (Thurston / Prince / Monaghan). And it kills me to admit it !!! LoL

Thats a huge call! But I can't disagree with you!

[quote author=KaZa]
[quote author=Matabele]
What exactly were his crimes?

All today proved is that Ballin is by far our best dummy half. What can Orfoird do when he's getting those looping Monaghan specials from the ruck?
:lol:
[/quote]

Seriously, I wonder why I bother with you blokes. Monaghan gerts a few rave reviews from Gould and you all jump on the bandwagon and start putting the boot into Orford. Orford will be at the club long after Monaghan has taken his treacherous ways to another club and will win us MANY games. And I expect you will all have your tails between your legs? Or will you jump back on the Orford bandwagon?

[/quote]

Thats the point there for me Mata

Speaking personally for myself, there is no bandwagon at all to jump on, and there are also some others on the site, with the ability to judge what is in front of them and happens in the game.

If Monaghan plays well, i will say he played well, if he is poor, i will say he was poor. Same scenario for Orford, and every other player on the park. Just called as it is seen on the day.

I hope every single player that runs onto the field in the Maroon and White has a blinder, it seems that some people on here dont share that view and hope certain people have shockers so they can hook in.

Your hysterical Mata.

Orford played badly because Monaghan passed badly from the ruck?????

Obviously it was Monaghan's fault for Orford's dropped balls, missed tackles, forward passes and pathetic long kicks.

It's amazing the damage looped passes can cause.

Just for the record it was only 1 forward pass. The other one was monaghan's.

It was only 1 dropped ball.

1 Missed tackle that lead to a try and two kicks that went dead.

maybe we are being a tad harsh?

Flip, the bare stats like that, with the emotion out of it may show that it wasnt as bad as what we are making out, maybe that is true

However, when you are into the game live and riding the emotions, i think the perspective is different. We were in a massive hole, and that is when people look to the premier player on the side, the Johns, Lockyer type players, to put something on to lift the side. Orford is that man for us, and sadly nearly all of his plays were dropping us deeper into the hole.

The men that dug us out were Kite, Ballin, Lyon and Hicks mainly imo, and that is where people are most disappointed, that our moneyman couldnt deliver in the toughest spot in the game

Just my read on it, may be completely wrong but just throwing it out there

Just for the record it was only 1 forward pass. The other one was monaghan's.

It was only 1 dropped ball.

1 Missed tackle that lead to a try and two kicks that went dead.

maybe we are being a tad harsh?

1 dropped ball? It was clearly 2.

He was one of two players that Tongue ran straight past in the lead-up to the Raiders first try. Sure, he didn't lay a finger on him - but that was the same for the second try as well. They would've been two of his three missed tackles from yesterday.

He was very, very ordinary. Well below-par. The criticism aimed his way is justified.

I can honestly say I'm about as dumbfounded as I have ever been in my entire life.

Are you all not the same people who blow up when someone mentions a dropped ****ing ball by monaghan????

This site should change its ****ing name to www . doublestandards . com

What a joke. I had my crack but after watching the game twice I have come to my sences. Emotion was a key factor in blowing his performance way out of proportion.

I have never once stated that Monaghan was a match winner out there.

I didn't watch the game live... I watched it after work after i'd already listened to it on the radio.. so I probably saw it from the same perspective you have from watching it the second time.

Best out there were Lyon, Hicks, Kite, King and Ballin.

Orford was deadset ordinary. Look at Sterlo, Johns, Thurston, Mortimer, Stuart, Langer, Alexander, and Tooves and you realise the greats single-handedly drag their team's sorry arse over the line for victory. Until i see that happen I think posters are right in saying that he hasn't come up to the mark yet.

I reckon I can find a few games where those blokes conceded a try and came up with a knock on.

FFS can it get any richer...

Flip - have you noticed that that stick the knife in monaghans back are the ones sticking up for orford?

Even the double standards have double standards.

I reckon I can find a few games where those blokes conceded a try and came up with a knock on.

FFS can it get any richer...
Wow, I should say that Ox had a spectacular game. lead from the front and single-handedly got us that victory. Been doing it for three games straight. Certainty for SOO 'cos everyone else is worse than he is. C'mon, even he doesn't believe that!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8