One teeny weeny positive

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Not much to emerge from the Toyota/Shark/Ronson/Caltex etc Park but Matai was not judged for the high tackle from which he was put on report.

He probably won't play this week, if Ashley Alberts and Tezza recover from the flu.

No reports on the extent of Brett Stewart's or Watmough's injuries.

yeah Stewart is a big part of our team defensively. He speaks so much and organises the defence quite well for a young bloke.

Ive been very impressed with him this year in that department of his game.

What is this flu or virus Alberts has? Must be bad to keep him out for 2 weeks now.

A flu or virus has been known to be a cover for some off-field misdemeanor in the past. Not that I'm drawing any bows because I have no information, 2 weeks is a long time though.

One of my kids was off school for 3 1/2 weeks with Influenza A - it is the type that kills old people and babies. It keeps you week and if you get up and try and do something you have a relapse. She is a state level athlete and hasn't trained in over a month. Horrible thing - If that is what Ash has he may not be back to his best for a while!

Matai being let off is probably because the NRL feel sorry for us, and don't want us to start feeling demoralised. Ooops...too late.

another positive is that generally if u get flogged you come back and play well the next week!! (like knights the week after penrith last year) :)

(dogs being an exception of course :p)

My own feeling is that Manly fans should not be too despondent. These things happen in Rugby League. The opposition uncovers some weakness and it can be very difficult to close the hole if one hasn't trained for it.

I think Manly will come back strongly and make a good account of themselves in the finals. They certainly won't get beaten like that by the Sharks again. I've tipped them to beat the Warriors.

Jeff

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4