One-On-One Steal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
I find it somewhat ironic that the NRL big wigs decided for the off season comp that offloads were so entertaining they should be encouraged (I agree) with extra points yet they continue to allow players to drop off a tackled player allowing a one-on-one steal which is one of the biggest disincentives to the promotion of second phase play I have seen.

I have no problem with a one-on-one steal where there has only been two players involved and the 'thief' is the tackler, but to have an attacking player struggle forward through a gang tackle only to have some latecomer hang off the ball until it comes free is, to my mind, is against fair play and potential entertaining play.

I hate it when teams do it to us and I don't like it when we do it.

What does everyone think?

An old story below. I agree with Trent Robinson and Ricky Stuart on this.

I find it somewhat ironic that the NRL big wigs decided for the off season comp that offloads were so entertaining they should be encouraged (I agree) with extra points yet they continue to allow players to drop off a tackled player allowing a one-on-one steal which is one of the biggest disincentives to the promotion of second phase play I have seen.

I have no problem with a one-on-one steal where there has only been two players involved and the 'thief' is the tackler, but to have an attacking player struggle forward through a gang tackle only to have some latecomer hang off the ball until it comes free is, to my mind, is against fair play and potential entertaining play.

I hate it when teams do it to us and I don't like it when we do it.

What does everyone think?

An old story below. I agree with Trent Robinson and Ricky Stuart on this.
Should only be allowed if it's a true 1on1 tackle.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6