One more step!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
How about DCE getting cheered last night?! By Queenslanders!! As he stepped up to receive the shield (or whatever it is) as captain of the winning team for the 2020 SOO series!

I was very happy for him.

Talk about a redemption story! This young man had been seriously vilified, in the mainstream media, and even booed by fans in his home state, for the singular crime of ... yes it's true! ... activating the 100% legal cooling off period so as to remain with his club. The club of his choice... our club, the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

Even worse, he apparently had been frozen out by a clique of alleged QOGs* who thought his personality didn't gel with the Yippee Yi yay culture set by the ruling Queensland immortal-in-waiting intelligentsia.

Yet he never kicked cans, he didn't whine. He just kept on applying himself in his training and practice. And here he is - the Queensland and Kangaroos halfback, and the winning SOO captain. Well done!

There is one very obvious final mountain for Cherry to climb, leading Manly to a premiership win.

Many here will say he owes us that, due to his massive contract. Maybe so! But putting your hopes on a high paid player and having them deliver in spades are 2 very different things.

DCE is a consummate professional. Always extremely fit. Keenly honed skills (such as field goals off the wrong foot). Brave and committed in defence, despite being spotted in every single game he plays.

But like Thurston and Cronk, I think his very best years are just unfolding now, at the tail end of his career. The confidence and satisfaction he will have got from last night's series win, I can only wonder! I agree at times he goes the wrong way, and at times his ultra-self-conscious media manner looks contrived, but DCE really is a great player!

And I'm fully expecting him, buoyed by the magnitude of last night's achievement, to now captain Manly to a grand final win. Within the next 2 years!! **

*you can figure that out
** gamble responsibly :)

How about DCE getting cheered last night?! By Queenslanders!! As he stepped up to receive the shield (or whatever it is) as captain of the winning team for the 2020 SOO series!

I was very happy for him.

Talk about a redemption story! This young man had been seriously vilified, in the mainstream media, and even booed by fans in his home state, for the singular crime of ... yes it's true! ... activating the 100% legal cooling off period so as to remain with his club. The club of his choice... our club, the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

Even worse, he apparently had been frozen out by a clique of alleged QOGs* who thought his personality didn't gel with the Yippee Yi yay culture set by the ruling Queensland immortal-in-waiting intelligentsia.

Yet he never kicked cans, he didn't whine. He just kept on applying himself in his training and practice. And here he is - the Queensland and Kangaroos halfback, and the winning SOO captain. Well done!

There is one very obvious final mountain for Cherry to climb, leading Manly to a premiership win.

Many here will say he owes us that, due to his massive contract. Maybe so! But putting your hopes on a high paid player and having them deliver in spades are 2 very different things.

DCE is a consummate professional. Always extremely fit. Keenly honed skills (such as field goals off the wrong foot). Brave and committed in defence, despite being spotted in every single game he plays.

But like Thurston and Cronk, I think his very best years are just unfolding now, at the tail end of his career. The confidence and satisfaction he will have got from last night's series win, I can only wonder! I agree at times he goes the wrong way, and at times his ultra-self-conscious media manner looks contrived, but DCE really is a great player!

And I'm fully expecting him, buoyed by the magnitude of last night's achievement, to now captain Manly to a grand final win. Within the next 2 years!! **

*you can figure that out
** gamble responsibly :)
Thanks SER8. I was thinking the same thing this morning and wanted to post exactly what you have said. You have articulated it way bettera than what I would have. ;) So thank you and well said.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7