One aspect in rugby I'd adopt in league

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Rugby is a dreadful spectacle, weighed down by stoppages and more rules than Covid isolation. Yet I like the lineout.
I think it is both clever how the players manipulate the location of the jumpers who soar high to retrieve the throw. It corrals the big boofy forwards into one area and provides the backs with some much-needed space in which to attack.
Imagine of we introduced this feature into league when the ball crosses the sideline? We'd have beanstorks like Saab being hoisted into the air to bring down the throw-in, and the ball spun to our backline.
The lineout does give the opposition a chance to win possession, unlike today's league 'scrums' which are a joke. It would also introduce a new skill set to RL forwards, especially props.

OK. that's my brainwave for the week. Rip in.....

Hmmm, not so sure about this one @The Who ….

I do like the idea of more opportunities to contest possession. For this reason, I’d try and encourage more short kick offs or drop outs.

I think one of the reasons why we don’t see more short kick offs / drop outs is because it’s a high price to pay if you get it wrong - a drop out that doesn’t go 10m is a penalty in front of the sticks and a gifted 2 points. Totally disproportionate penalty to the offence. Make it a scrum instead and we might see teams chance their arm a bit more.

Rugby is a dreadful spectacle, weighed down by stoppages and more rules than Covid isolation. Yet I like the lineout.
I think it is both clever how the players manipulate the location of the jumpers who soar high to retrieve the throw. It corrals the big boofy forwards into one area and provides the backs with some much-needed space in which to attack.
Imagine of we introduced this feature into league when the ball crosses the sideline? We'd have beanstorks like Saab being hoisted into the air to bring down the throw-in, and the ball spun to our backline.
The lineout does give the opposition a chance to win possession, unlike today's league 'scrums' which are a joke. It would also introduce a new skill set to RL forwards, especially props.

OK. that's my brainwave for the week. Rip in.....
Nice idea. Could work for sure. Biggest apprehension is trusting the NRL with more variables to distribute the 50/50 calls

One thing I hope never to see in League is the penalty for knocking down a pass to stop a try or an overlap. That rule in rah-rah is a shocker. And you're right @The Who , union is a dreadful spectacle at the moment.

One thing I hope never to see in League is the penalty for knocking down a pass to stop a try or an overlap. That rule in rah-rah is a shocker. And you're right @The Who , union is a dreadful spectacle at the moment.
Isn't it 10min in the sin bin as well. Also, in union it's a must to have a goalkicker (3pts per penalty) who shots at about 95%.

Isn't it 10min in the sin bin as well. Also, in union it's a must to have a goalkicker (3pts per penalty) who shots at about 95%.
I think you're right there, @Eagle 1. The bunker would be asking "was that an attempted intercept or a deliberate knockdown?" Certain teams would get the 50-50s there!

There are aspects of other sports we can admire without have to introduce them to Rugby League IMO.

Not for this myself.

I can see every team on the 6th just kicking for touch to have a shot at regaining the ball.

That doesn't happen in Rugby as you can the ball as long as you can manage it.

Awful sport, awful spectacle and this was (rightly so) the first thing to go in 1895 when the northern clubs broke away from the English RU. Administrators in those days knew what they were doing. What next? Add an extra 2 players?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2