One and half Million loss for 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Duff said:
Mal Cochrane said:
one word, transport. manly fans and other teams supporters don't want to be catching a bus, then a train, then a ferry, then a bus to get to a game, and do it all again on the way home, let alone with 3 kids. Generally people are time poor as it is and only fanatics will find a way or drive to watch their team.

Not nice to say, but a good % of fanatics are people who have rotten teeth, s**t clothing, have simpleton disease etc, and don;t have the means to drive and/or can't afford the extra cost of the travel to brookie, whereas you can get a train and walk to penrith, parra, Campbelltown, Kogarah, SFS, Toyota park.

Unless the league or manly have funds to offset the loss in future, play at grounds that will make money, and use brookie 6 times a year and pack it like the leichhardt hungry fans.

Sorry if my generalization of all teams 'fanatics' offends.

So the problem is our lack of train line? For starters if you're getting a ferry to Brookvale, you're doing it wrong. It's pretty easy to get to from the city, one bus. People just have this view that over the bridge is far away. It comes from both sides too. It's not as far to travel to in reality as it is in people's heads. Penrith and Cronulla, those places are a long way from the City, not Brookvale. C'town is half way to the 'berra. Brookvale is practically inner city in comparison. We just don't have a train line, much like the SFS.

This.

I'll never understand how people can whinge about the public transport options at Brookie. The buses (both north & southbound) stop right outside the stadium FFS. It's easier to get to than just about any other suburban ground & Homebush.

Simply facts point to 6 at brookie,host home game v broncs at brisbane, 2 at gosford, 2 at sfs and one in nz for cash grab.

Matabele said:
Never mind. All our shareholders are incredibly cashed up and love dipping into their pockets to give us fans what we want.

lsz said:
So who leaked this info then?

Zorba is accused of being a News man. Wielder is Fairfax.

Exactly - this is as damaging (if not more) than any of the other leaks

tookey said:
One of the big problems is that most of the people on the beaches have access to fox and they would rather sit at home and watch the games than pay to see the game live

These are the people to blame for so many Monday night games. Monday is Foxtel's first choice and they seem to like Manly.

Duff and Wolfpack, whatever you may think, this real or imagined perception is one of the main issues.

I've been lucky enough to have lived in Artarmon, Wahroonga and mount Colah the last 10 years and getting to Brookie hasn't been a problem for me, but it was before then, and mates south and west of sydney still tell me it's not an easy travel. Like it or not, people are time poor, and don't want to be catching trains, then going out on to a street and trying to link with buses etc. They want a one transport option.

it's easy to get a train to Parra and walk a few minutes down to the stadium, even campbelltown, people appreciate the fact you may have to change trains, but it's convenient, no traffic hassles and stops on the doorstep of the oval. Leichhardt is a hassle, but get's crowds due to being in the middle of the city. The rest you can get to by trains.

Brookie is out of the way for anyone outside the peninsula. The public transport, and buses in particular is not, and has not been cutting it for years.

Of course Moore Park Dan could have plucked that figure out of Sonny Bill's backside for all we know.

Dan W seems to spend an incredible amount of time up there. Only popping out occasionally to crawl up Anthony Mundine's, Benji Marshall's or Israel Folau's backside.

tookey said:
One of the big problems is that most of the people on the beaches have access to fox and they would rather sit at home and watch the games than pay to see the game live

Which is why we get played on Fox Sports so much.

Matabele said:
Never mind. All our shareholders are incredibly cashed up and love dipping into their pockets to give us fans what we want.

lsz said:

I asked about this today and was told it is bull****. There was no loss of 1.5 no where near it. There was a late year blowout with money needed to secure key staff . I was not told how much the lose was but 1.5 is a joke. Someone wanting to stir the pot on perry. Now who would that be?

tookey said:

This. I am guily of preferring to watch on fox than go watch it live.

I thought Zorba was in the tele back pocket...so now you are saying there is someone else leaking information against perry?

My gut says it is the "other side" - symptomatic of the dysfunctional nature of our board and structre

Yeah look seems a bit iffy to me considering our membership increases, sponsors we have on board and the increase t corporate facilities at brookie. This said what type of money for stadium deals at sfs ? Is this something we must look at.

Hard to believe but this is impressive from the chumps of the comp.

Also highlighted on the night was the Parramatta Leagues Group’s $9.3 million profit before football grants, and a bottom line profit of $5.2 million, a figure up 54% on the 2010 profit of $3.3 million.

Imagine if they had our winning team. They would be a ten million dollar profit venture. Our leagues club gives a biggy 250 thousand :s (better go easy on the caviar)

Little wonder Parra leagues does well. You cannot compare our leagues club with theirs. The difference in demographics and socio economic status of the parra leagues customers compared to ours is huge. A larger % of people in that area I bet are more inclined to go and gamble their cash than people on the northern beaches. They would also consider a night out at the leagues club as a top night. Much more on offer on the beaches. unfortunately we cannot rely on grants like Parra or the Dogs. Wish we could though.

I've had this argument on other forums about Manly fans not wanting to travel and that it should be easier to get to the stadium or Moore Park than for Penrith or Campbelltown fans. Lets address the issues;

1) Crowd sizes at Brookvale Oval: Its said to cut even you need 16,000 attending. The problem is that the ground these days wont hold more than about 19,000 and then its sardine like on the Hill. If authorities had met their promises and increased the capacity and amenities, you would easily get 25,000 attending major games at the ground.

2) Other teams use the Stadium and Moore Park, why not Manly: Most Souths, Sydney City, Parramatta, Canterbury, Wests fans live within half an hour of one or the other ground. That's why they get big crowds especially when they are playing each other. Somebody mentioned that Penrith supporters travel further. Yes from Penrith and environs, they do travel further than supporters from Manly. But Manly's supporters are strung out along the Peninsula and in fact probably half have to travel further than Penrith supporters. Further, Penrith supporters have direct links by train and a freeway that gets them to the stadium in half an hour. Only Cronulla could compare with Manly regarding difficulty in getting to the stadium or Moore Park

3) Unlike almost any other area in Sydney, Manly does not have a rail service. It has buses but even then one has to change as many as three times to get to the Stadium. Waiting time is often 15-30 minutes at some of those links. Whereas most other supporters can get to grounds in half an hour, Manly supporters take up to an hour and a half to get to Moore Park and up to two hours + to get to the Stadium. It has been tested to show it takes someone coming from Canberra to get to the Stadium only slightly longer than it takes someone to get to the same destination from Avalon.

4) Manly supporters dont travel: Ever noticed at a Manly game how many supporters there are from other teams. The proportion of Manly supporters to other supporters at Brookvale is probably much greater than almost any other two clubs in Sydney. Other supporters dont travel because of the distance and traffic jams faced getting back over the bridge. Its not just Manly supporters who arent willing to put up with the excessive travel time

It may be that Manly is going to have to accept the reality of broken promises. But dont for one moment suggest its because of the lack of support for the Manly team.

winnyason said:
I think management looks at a short term deal with sfs for 3 games a year. A decent cash grab I would think.

I could accept that... Just not Homebush, that ground is an abomination.

Narly said:
So do we all believe moving grounds will help us on Monday nights. I don't think so.. A Sunday afternoon game at Brooky will bring the crowds.

This is exactly right. When you compare crowds it must be like-for-like, so you compare Friday nights, Saturday, Sunday afterrnoon and Monday nights. It's not accurate comparing total crowd figures when some clubs - like us this year - will have seven Monday night matches!

Narly said:
So do we all believe moving grounds will help us on Monday nights. I don't think so.. A Sunday afternoon game at Brooky will bring the crowds.

Exactly right. How are seven Monday night games going to help our crowd figures. The scheduling is pro Brisbane and the Bulldogs. When they get the sceduling right I believe they will get the crowds but of course that goes against what Nine thinks is profitable viewing.

lovefooty said:
Matabele said:

lsz said:

I asked about this today and was told it is bull****. There was no loss of 1.5 no where near it. There was a late year blowout with money needed to secure key staff . I was not told how much the lose was but 1.5 is a joke. Someone wanting to stir the pot on perry. Now who would that be?

Not some one trying to distabilise Perry, surely not???

Bloody Journo's, they are a curse on society....why do we bother reading papers??

Yeah Monday and Thursday night at the SFS....Thursday night of easter at Gosford.....Wont get me to any of those...Or maybe a 5.30 saturday at homebush...Qualiity tiomeslots...not.

The Roosters get no one to their homegames which are all on eth same ground, but is that acceptable...apparently for them....but they can cout a crowd!!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2