On to Fortress Ratty

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Not a great outcome from the 9's but really, we've learned to live without Buhrer. Hopefully Jakes concussion is mild and he's back for the Jets. The rest of the injuries effect NSW cup more than anything.

Positives though - the young blokes and fringe guys are hungry and keen to impress Barrett. Say what you will about him but he seems to get through to the players.

Let's rest, recover and on to Ratty...

Also anyone going next weekend, don't pat Jake on the back too hard. I might try and get in an arm wrestle with Tapau too...

Not a great outcome from the 9's but really, we've learned to live without Buhrer. Hopefully Jakes concussion is mild and he's back for the Jets. The rest of the injuries effect NSW cup more than anything.

Positives though - the young blokes and fringe guys are hungry and keen to impress Barrett. Say what you will about him but he seems to get through to the players.

Let's rest, recover and on to Ratty...

Also anyone going next weekend, don't pat Jake on the back too hard. I might try and get in an arm wrestle with Tapau too...
Cronulla first mate

Good luck with that Ben Ross.
It's Shark Park next week before Rat Park the following week.
Yeah I thought they had a week off.

If Ben Ross is worse case then maybe I'll cop a dislocated shouder

I think it's no coincidence that we won the two games in the nines that Jamie Buhrer took part in. Barrett thinks he may miss 2-3 regular games, but I hope he'll be back.

He gives us the advantage of carrying Taupau as a prop, because you probably want your backrowers able to put in 80 minutes. Ideally:

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Marty Taupau
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Nate Myles
17. Brenton Lawrence

I cannot find any weaknesses in that line-up. I think it could dominate opposition teams.

I'd like to see Vave get some game time this season...according to another thread he had a cracking first game in the NSW Cup trial on the weekend (@thewheel's report I think). I'd lean towards BJ as well for the last bench spot, but we're not giving much up by having Starlo, Vave and Burgess waiting in the wings.

I think it's no coincidence that we won the two games in the nines that Jamie Buhrer took part in. Barrett thinks he may miss 2-3 regular games, but I hope he'll be back.

He gives us the advantage of carrying Taupau as a prop, because you probably want your backrowers able to put in 80 minutes. Ideally:

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Marty Taupau
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Nate Myles
17. Brenton Lawrence

I cannot find any weaknesses in that line-up. I think it could dominate opposition teams.
Not bad Ryan but I really think we need Myles on the field as a starter for the early exchanges and to lead the pack. Depending on who we are playing will determine whether Kapow starts (in the back row) or is on the bench e.g. against a big pack like the Dogs I would start him.

Not sure if I'm biased, over positive or whatever, but Tom Symonds is grossly under valued by people. I think he's absolutely amazing - which is why when healthy, he gets picked in representative teams.

I'm mixed personally - sometimes you watch Tom Symonds and he's breaking the line, offloading, involved in every second tackle...and other times he's fairly ineffective. He does get pushed back too easily in defence...but then he's fast and has footwork at the line, so often makes an impact.

I'm a big fan of T Red as well but he does have his quite games. In his defence the guy gets shuffled around more than a deck of cards.
Myles has to start he won't give impact of the bench and can definitely mix it with the best in the opening exchanges. I'm still a fan of Marty and Feleti on our bench the impact they would provide would be unrivalled.

I'm a big fan of T Red as well but he does have his quite games. In his defence the guy gets shuffled around more than a deck of cards.
Myles has to start he won't give impact of the bench and can definitely mix it with the best in the opening exchanges. I'm still a fan of Marty and Feleti on our bench the impact they would provide would be unrivalled.
I think marty has to start you need to start with your best and show your intentions right from the off

I think marty has to start you need to start with your best and show your intentions right from the off

I'm not sold on him been a genuine starter gives great spurts in games where he can change the game but hasn't had too many sustained efforts. In those test matches he comes off the bench and tears Australia a new one.

I'm not sold on him been a genuine starter gives great spurts in games where he can change the game but hasn't had too many sustained efforts. In those test matches he comes off the bench and tears Australia a new one.
That's a fair call. But with all the hype surrounding ( about being the best forward in the game)if he doesn't start first game I'd be surprised

I would go
8. Jake t
9. Parcell
10. Myles
11. Buhrer
12. Tapau
13. Mateo

14. Lawrence
15. Lussick
16. Api k
17. T-red/ starlo

That's a fair call. But with all the hype surrounding ( about being the best forward in the game)if he doesn't start first game I'd be surprised
I've never heard that tag for him. He only had his first year playing regularly as a starter last year and it was in a very poor outfit. Has a lot of work to do to claim that gong.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7