ON THE MARCH!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
Just watched the game on replay and apart from going cross eyed for the first few minutes trying to get my head around the jersey colours and figure out who is who, I was very impressed with our effort. Our defence was outstanding!! If we are not robbed again on the big day, we will be holding up the trophy.

My MOM for sure was Steve Matai. This bloke is a machine. A leader. He and Foz were hard to split, but for Matai to come back after the head knock and lift another gear was awesome. Our leadership group has done wonders for our young blokes confidence too and none of them seem out of place.

We are a well oiled machine heading towards the finals. If defence wins big games, we're certainties. I don't see anyone as a threat to Manly at this stage. No one frightens me. I hope that's a good thing :s

If you still have any doubts at this stage, you're very hard to please.

In saying that and barring the refs, who do you consider our biggest threat in a race for the trophy?

mozgrame said:

In saying that and barring the refs, who do you consider our biggest threat in a race for the trophy?

Nuclear war?

mozgrame said:

The nrl gets a vote or two.

mozgrame said:

Souths. I am scared of them mostly because the media are letting them fly under the radar.

Jono said:
mozgrame said:

Souths. I am scared of them mostly because the media are letting them fly under the radar.

Yes @Jono you are dead right they aren't being talked about like last year , and that's a worry .

Get to September and it's a whole new ball-game.

The refs will have too much of a say, but we have as good a chance as any now.

A really red-hot chance, too!

We're running pretty hot right now. It's about 9/10 weeks out from GF day. Other teams are stuttering a bit, and some are starting to chime. Even the Eels are in the 8 now.

While other teams have room for improvement, and may just do that, where can we improve our game? If we have hit our peak, we will have to pray for no injuries or suspensions between now and GF day (if we make it)

I think our main weak point is goal kicking. On his day, Jamie can slot them from anywhere, but his "day" is not too often. On the other hand, our defence and attack is capable of keeping the importance of goal kicking to a minimum, as in the Bronco's game. Finals footy as we all know is different and may put more emphasis on the importance of 2 points wherever and whenever possible.

Sooo.....where else can we improve? Here's your chance TC :)

I don't think we've peaked @mozgrame

We've had many good performances mate; touches of class and professionalism. We've had long periods of quality defence across matches and varying oppositions.

We haven't yet played at our absolute best, and whilst there's no such thing as a perfect match (expect in the TV game show vault in the sky) we can still improve and maintain dominance better across the 80 minutes.

Yes injuries, goalkicking and refereeing will matter.

Given an even run on all three accounts, we should be there grand final day; and have the ability and experience once again now to get the job done, and be holding up the shield and the cup yet again.

mozgrame said:

Our biggest threat will be injuries. If we can keep all our players on the field we will win the comp. It was the only thing that stopped us last year

Our biggest threat is everything. For gods sake there is 10 weeks to go in 30 week season.

Wouldn't surprise me if Manly, or any team, gets bundled out in the first two weeks of the finals.

People here carrying on like Souths fans, face the facts our team is not superior or infallible. Just enjoy the ride week to week and whatever will be will be.

Regardless of what happens we have had one hell of a season, again.

Yeah have a crack at me and call me negative but some of us are old enough to remember the ghosts 1983 and 1997, we had better and more dominant sides then and didn't get the job done. It happens people, and only fools can't see it.

bob dylan said:
Our biggest threat is everything. For gods sake there is 10 weeks to go in 30 week season.

Wouldn't surprise me if Manly, or any team, gets bundled out in the first two weeks of the finals.

People here carrying on like Souths fans, face the facts our team is not superior or infallible. Just enjoy the ride week to week and whatever will be will be.

Regardless of what what happens we have had one hell of a season, again.

Yeah have a crack at me and call me negative but some of us are old enough to remember the ghosts 1983 and 1997, we had better and more dominant sides then and didn't get the job done. It happens people, and only fools can't see it.

Well, if you're happy to mope around half expecting the worst, don't call the rest of us fools for being happy about where we are and expecting the best.

F**k off, not superior! Snap out of it Bob FFS!! ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6