OMFG it has happened

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
If I recall correctly, it turned out not to be an ACL. Can't remember what it was, but I do remember what it wasn't…

He ruptured a medial ligament (MCL) when tackled near the Tigpies line. Not quite as long term as an ACL, but it was enough to end his season either way.

Last edited:
I confess o have been a big critic of TB’s selections. This week he has got it absolutely right. Well done TB I hope the players reward you with a win.

The only change I would make is swapping Hastings to 5/8 with Croker on the bench as the utility. Other than that, with Walker and Lussick still on the injured list this is at least what I (and obviously others) feel is our best available 17.

Outside of Dylan Walker this side is the best we can do this year & if Dylan was available I’d still go with Parker, runs harder & is quicker than Kelly. Just sayin

Kelly was dynamite last Friday against the Knights. If he was like that all the time we wouldn't have any problems with him.

After his demotion to Blacktown late last year, Kelly has played a lot better since he got a 2nd chance after Parker's injury. I get the feeling that he's finally realised that being selected every week isn't going to happen if he doesn't perform. He has to know that Walker has one side locked up when he's available, so he's got Parker, plus Matty and Tom Wright breathing down his neck as well as other (however unlikely) centre options in Tom Trbojevic and Akuila Uate. Good form is required.

Last edited:
It's a momentous day, that should be celebrated to the fullest! Brown gooooorrrrrne!:party:
I think a couple of bench positions, including utility, are likely to be rotated so everyone keeps match fitness by playing reserves at times. Of course the ball is in Hastings court now to force the issue by excelling.

We are favourites to win and rightly so . Eels winning would be the upset
Not according to so called 'experts tips' on fox, I think about 9 out of ten tip Eels.

I think you might be right @SeaEagleRock8 in that Baz might be rotating his bench utility to give players match practice.

Unless Hastings excels or Croker fails and Barrett is forced to make that change, I rather think that Brown will spend a couple of weeks at most playing either centre or back row at blacktown before he is back in the #14 jumper.

Kelly was dynamite last Friday against the Knights. If he was like that all the time we wouldn't have any problems with him.

After his demotion to Blacktown late last year, Kelly has played a lot better since he got a 2nd chance after Parker's injury. I get the feeling that he's finally realised that being selected every week isn't going to happen if he doesn't perform. He has to know that Walker has one side locked up when he's available, so he's got Parker, plus Matty and Tom Wright breathing down his neck as well as other (however unlikely) centre options in Tom Trbojevic and Akuila Uate. Good form is required.
Just for the record on Kelly , he did bounce back after his demotion to Blacktown for the next game but the one after that , the semi final against our loss to the Panthers he was back to his defensive vulnerability .
If you saw that game you would agree . Lets hope he is more consistent this year .
As for the other centre option you forgot to mention Moses Suli .

No argument there @BOZO , the weakest part of his game is his defence. He was good on Friday night for the most part and only time will tell if he can consistently perform.

Remember that Kelly started off with a bang last year and then dropped away to the point where he was dropped. And its debatable that he would have been back in the NRL side had Parker not been injured only 2 games later, because Brad was playing well.

He's got a chance to redeem himself so the ball is in Brian's court isn't it.

I think you might be right @SeaEagleRock8 in that Baz might be rotating his bench utility to give players match practice.

Unless Hastings excels or Croker fails and Barrett is forced to make that change, I rather think that Brown will spend a couple of weeks at most playing either centre or back row at blacktown before he is back in the #14 jumper.
I would be a bit more proactive and use the bench for rewarding our young up and coming players who excel in the lower grades . Brown is not our future and he wont be resigned next year.
If Trent can give the unproven Croker an opportunity in the critical 5/8 position I think he should also have faith in our talented young players and give them an opportunity off the bench .

The unfortunate thing for Lewis Brown and Manly is that while he offers utility value in being able to cover the back row, hooker and centre, he's not actually the first or even second choice for any of those positions should any of the regulars not be available.

Brad Parker and Matty Wright are ahead of him for a starting centre spot, and I dare say maybe Tom Wright as well. Hastings or Joey Lussick would be a better dummy half option if Api wasn't available, and then there is Lane, Tanginoa and Winterstein ahead of him for a place in the back row, plus you could probably throw in Sipley and Gosiewski as well (I don't think we'll ever see Kapow in our back row again unless we're desperate. He's found his spot at prop).

I know Barrett likes to reward effort, but the reality is that we have had better options than Brown pretty much since he arrived at Manly and it beats me how he has managed to hold down a first grade spot for so long here. This is the first time he has actually been dropped from the top 17, the games he missed last year were all because of injury.

Booooo

Perrett's game against Penrith was his best last year. For a big prop, he had some really good footwork and offloaded at will. He could be anything if he t plays like that every week.

Plus the game against Storm at Brookie last year. For mine he was one of our best lifting the side creating amazing second phase play.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10