Oloapu wants out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Interesting slight on Broncos management from boom junior
One of many I'd say, seems like they have first dibs on lots of junior talent up North. Have noticed in recent times tho at the Broncs it's like a process line of talented juniors all clambering to have their shot at 1st grade only to be replaced by the next good thing coming down the line. Probably a good thing that Redcliff are now in the comp and will take some of the castoffs from this shoddy club.

How interesting...what goes on behind the scene. Can't blame the guy for wanting out.
There seems to be a bit more to this story than he is letting on.Karl has a new manager who wasn’t there when he signed with the Broncos.I’ve heard his manager is trying to get him out of his contract so as he can get a cut of any deal Karl finds.The old Union/Super League threat is the oldest trick in the book

Just proves those who think the NRL can ever a workable draft or a 'trade' window (whatever the heck that is, cos NRL clubs don't swap/trade players). Not happy with your club where you are or where you are drafted to, just go to RU or Super League. Don't even wait for the other NRL clubs to even be allowed to negotiate with you. Trades and drafts only work in AFL as it is a closed workshop. There's nowhere else to go for an AFL player.

Seems like the Broncos have made an official complaint to the NRL integrity unit about the Dolphins approaching this kid and Mariner the centre who asked for a release a few weeks ago.

Seems like the Broncos have made an official complaint to the NRL integrity unit about the Dolphins approaching this kid and Mariner the centre who asked for a release a few weeks ago.

Does he have an NRL contract? .. supposedly not in the 30 squad and still 17 ... if he doesn't ... does that make a difference?

And from what the paper said about him signing something without a manager ... is a 17 yo legally capable of contractual agreement anyway without parental consent?

Does he have an NRL contract? .. supposedly not in the 30 squad and still 17 ... if he doesn't ... does that make a difference?

And from what the paper said about him signing something without a manager ... is a 17 yo legally capable of contractual agreement anyway without parental consent?
Reports are that his older brother went into the meeting with him,does that count?
Situation seems murky as mud,don't know the ins and outs,seems to be a lot of he said,they said.
Mariners manager has been interviewed by the NRL and waiting at the moment for response,the manager is giving up nothing at the moment,a lot of spin at the moment.
They don't have the same manager tho....reports are that the Broncos have been cleared of any wrongdoing by the NRL in regards to this young guy

Last edited:
We should be all over Mariner

Surely the NRL would have had to have known that the Dolphins would raid the Broncos' juniors like crazy. I thought that was the whole point!

Surely the NRL would have had to have known that the Dolphins would raid the Broncos' juniors like crazy. I thought that was the whole point!
When one guy is signed through 2025 and the other 2024 it is still illegal.
Even though somehow Schoupp just signed with Titans even though contracted until 2024,guess if a club gives the player and manager permission it is ok but when the manager and/or another club conspire it is not?

Makes you wonder how toxic it is at the Bronco,s when all these young players want out and maybe everything that Seibold went through wasn't all his fault and maybe all the old boys that stick their noses in were behind the problem in the end
There was an issue with players at the time of Seibold’s tenure and he certainly didn’t help it,but this situation is not like that,this is just pure manager sh*thousery.Ikin and Donaghy run a tight ship and obviously aren’t playing the games with managers

Interesting slight on Broncos management from boom junior
Oh, and by the way, you nearly gave me a bloody heart attack. The eyes aren’t great, and it’s way past over 50’s bed time. But on first look, I thought it was Olakau’atu at first. I’m like nooooo, not Guacamole.:eek:

It is getting messy.
Totally messy. And unusual that the Broncos would even issue a press release about the story. Broncos have been damaged by the ongoing spat and the kid hasn't come out smelling like roses either. He must be a helluva player or the Broncos would surely have just given him the flick?
This is what I want, more news about other club's dramas, no more about Manly dramas :)

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4