Ok - we got Levi - Top 17 ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For mine (after we announce Levi's signing), our top 17 barring injury or suspension should be:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Moses Suli
CE - Brad Parker
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Dylan Walker
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake
HK - Danny Levi
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Joel Thompson
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

BE - Lachlan Croker
BE - Jack Gosiewski
BE - Toafofoa Sipley
BE - Taniela Paseka

It was hard to leave out Corey Waddell, Morgan Boyle and Sean Keppie. Having real depth is a good headache for Des to have because not only will those three be in the mix but so will others like Brendan Elliot, Cade Cust, Haumole Olakau'atu, Albert Hopoate, Luke Metcalf and even T-Rex might be popping his head up from time to time.

Of course, this is based on the fact that apparently Levi is a done deal and I highly doubt we'll see any of Manase Fainu in 2020 other than in the headlines when his court case dates arrive.

I'll be surprised if there isnt a couple of changes. But whose doing the impressing at preseason and who isn't? I doubt we will find out till round 1 is named.

Even with Levi wouldn't he be more valuable on the bench against tired defenders? Croker starts at 9.

I'd say the starting side essentially picks itself but the composition of the bench will probably come down to trial form. I think my bench would be:

Croker, Keppie, Gosiewski, and whoever is playing better out of Sipley/Paseka.

Mid season though who knows how much the backline could change. Ben Turbo, Hoppa and Schuster are all very good chances of nailing down starting spots before the season is over.

For mine (after we announce Levi's signing), our top 17 barring injury or suspension should be:

CE - Brad Parker
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake
HK - Danny Levi
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Joel Thompson
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

BE - Lachlan Croker
BE - Jack Gosiewski
BE - Toafofoa Sipley
BE - Taniela Paseka

It was hard to leave out Corey Waddell, Morgan Boyle
I'd say the starting side essentially picks itself but the composition of the bench will probably come down to trial form. I think my bench would be:

Croker, Keppie, Gosiewski, and whoever is playing better out of Sipley/Paseka.

Mid season though who knows how much the backline could change. Ben Turbo, Hoppa and Schuster are all very good chances of nailing down starting spots before the season is over.
the only Definate I have on that bench is Keppie....personally a Massive fan and I reckon by end of 2020, will be a fan favourite and we’ll known by all fans
But to be fair to the others in the running, a damn heap of competition

Sounds like a done deal, announcement imminent.
I dont mind it at all as a bargain basement buy considering our 9 woes.
What will be interesting getting the crystal ball out is if he goes on to have a good year, do we stick with him and Fainu is all of a sudden on the outer in 12 months time?
I mean i rate Fainu in the top 4 or 5 hookers in the game even at this early stage in his career, but cant help but feel all these off field indiscretions have put a dent on his reputation..
In 12 months time Fainu might be on an extended holiday so it wont really be an issue. I hope I'm wrong but Levi may be our long term 9.

Predicting a big season from Levi ..... easy to forget he is only 24 and still has his best years ahead of him ..... and he is on a one year deal .... so playing for his future .....

He also has a bit of mongrel about him .... a prerequisite for a hooker in my opinion .....

With Jake & AFB possibly missing the start of the season I'd go:-

Sipley
Levi
Taupau
Thompson
Gosiewski
Sironen

RES: Croker / Cust
Waddell
Paseka
Keppie

So you’d have to assume the NRL will agree to dispensation for Nase, wonder if that’s the whole contract value or ( like Foran) a small part of it??

Secondly , if it’s the whole lot you’d have to say we’d be in front from a salary cap perspective if the media speculation in the Knights paying $150k is true.

The 1-13 pick themselves

Bench is interesting. Id go with

14. Cust (unless Levi plays 80)
15. Paseka (unit only getting better)
16. Jetski (must be in the team)
17. Keppie or Boyle

18. Waddell
19. Sipley

Pretty much means Fainu is in trouble and we won't see him next season.

This is bad news.

I think the timeframe around which the wheels move within the judicial system essentially tied the clubs hands. They had no other option other than to look at an alternative as a contingency and I think they’ve ended up with a very handy one.

Even with Levi wouldn't he be more valuable on the bench against tired defenders? Croker starts at 9.

I agree, surely Levi will take some time to learn Des' hooker systems & assume Croker (& Cust & possible ZDC) have been training at #9 so far in the offseason so would be more chance of starting with Levi at #14.

What is everyone's opinion on Levi? I think skill wise probably on par with Ballin.

My main concern is his lack of speed. But he is probably one of the tougher hookers in the game.

I don't think he will set the world on fire but should do a solid job.

I think we can all agree on the starting 13. My bench would be:
Cust/Croker
Jetski
Paseka/Sipley (need the size)
Keppie (no brainer for me)

Cust/Croker and Paseka/Sipley depens most on fitness and whoever is looking fitter.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4