Ok - I'll put it another way

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
Re my earlier post about Foran not apparently re-signing. No new gun forward signings.
I am 100% over the cone of silence that the Manly club seem to operate under.
Lowie - where's the communication with the fans? Grant Mayer did pretty well on that front.
I've renewed my Jane Try Gold Season Ticket and I want more info on player retention, new signings, Des's plans for 2011 and more.
What I get for my money is sweet fa.
Some crap about Des thinking we're entering a new era?
Right.
Is that it?

Some here are glass half full supporters,some are glass half empty supporters.Baz,I think you're like a lot here (me included) that are "just give us some answers" supporters.

Some answers would be good.
Some clear strategies would also be great.
Some decent signings would also be good.

I agree about answers and signings, but demanding clear strategies is way over the top. Even for Friday night.

So what it boils down to Baz is that you want a press release?

It's good enough for me that Des mentioned Foran has re-signed in the Manly Daily on thursday, that Zorba confirmed it on radio a week or two back, and that Kieren clearly stated his intentions in an interview in the Australian earlier this year, then this:

The Australian, Fox Sports

May 04, 2010

Canterbury-Bankstown's search for a successor to Brett Kimmorley has led them to the man he will oppose on Friday night - Manly and City rookie Trent Hodkinson.

The Australian has been told the Bulldogs, resigned to missing out on the signature of Parramatta's Kris Keating, are ready to make Hodkinson one of their priority signings for next season.

The 21-year-old City halfback will be off-contract at Brookvale in spring and the Sea Eagles have limited room to move under the salary cap given they have re-signed Glenn Stewart, Kieran Foran, Anthony Watmough and Jamie Lyon to lucrative long-term deals.

I'm a bit with Baz on resignings. What is so hard about putting a 2-3 liner on the official web site saying "Kieran Foran has signed a 3 year contract with Manly this week....blah, blah"

It will stop the endless questions from supporters on who has re-resigned (well, maybe) and improve communication, which has been absolutely appalling. Training started this week and there is not one report about it on the official web site, which is more like a "shopping site" than anything else.

Well, the paper is suggesting we may not have a sponsor heading into next season. Thought's, half full people? I told you this would happen 18 months ago.

How much did guys like Quantum, Betta Fire Protection and that much give to The Eagles per annum, that are now lost, and not replaced?

BAZ i`d rather we got a major 5yr sponsor..  so we can be secure for a few yrs .. we still have 9yrs left to get a premiership this decade plenty of time to recruit later.. we are starting from the bottom .. ..  we need a good sponsor 1st..  thats the foundation we need once we get that then we can build on it...

BAZ link said:
the assumption being we don't have a new main sponsor because of the deafening silence from the club

I am certain that if we had a major sponsor it would have been announced, that's the thing about sponsors, they like it when you make a big deal out of telling people about their support.

I'm sure we'd all enjoy the announcement of a big new major sponsor.

Just not sure how it actually helps when parents get themselves into a tiz about their daughter not yet announcing an engagement - and incessantly gossiping about how lazy, ugly and hopeless she must be to not have nabbed a man.

Rex link said:
I'm sure we'd all enjoy the announcement of a big new major sponsor.

Just not sure how it actually helps when parents get themselves into a tiz about their daughter not yet announcing an engagement - and incessantly gossiping about how lazy, ugly and hopeless she must be to not have nabbed a man.

Yeah, but we are talking about something with a timeline, ie. start of the season, after that the value of the deal goes down each week. So it like a parent fretting that a 35 year old daughter is not yet married.

Still I know what you mean, no reason to get in a tis over it all, it will happen when it happens.

After tonight's final and sporadic articles on Inglis, RL will be dead on the back pages for some months. I doubt that a sponsor announcement would get any headlines until people start to seriously look at the upcoming trials around late January.

Exactly MB.

The 2010 is really just over, and I know we love our forum and want to bash on about all things Manly but seriously guys, most of the admin are on annual leave so this isn't surprising.

I'll be amazed if we hear anything much (other than membership) until the New Year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6