OK Crusher - Mission Fiji

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Ok Crusher - certainly have scouted much Aussie quality and thankfully Manly have been rewarded in many cases, but it's time to take the challenge off our shores and travel to close by Fiji for a holiday.
The players over in Fiji are raised tough and live and breath rugby league and union.
There are SO many Super athletes in Fiji and though hate the Eels with a passion, Sivo has followed up from Radradra as 2 of the most destructive wingers in the past decade.
These youngsters train every day and with some nurturing from quality trainers, can really excel into Excitement machines on the field, as the natural Raw ability is there - speed, power, agility and explosiveness is common with many Fijians.
Would love Manly to unleash 1 of these talented young Fijians onto the arena and become a crowd favourite.
The bonus is the appreciation they seem to show for the opportunity and will give 100% to make it a success.

Ok Crusher - certainly have scouted much Aussie quality and thankfully Manly have been rewarded in many cases, but it's time to take the challenge off our shores and travel to close by Fiji for a holiday.
The players over in Fiji are raised tough and live and breath rugby league and union.
There are SO many Super athletes in Fiji and though hate the Eels with a passion, Sivo has followed up from Radradra as 2 of the most destructive wingers in the past decade.
These youngsters train every day and with some nurturing from quality trainers, can really excel into Excitement machines on the field, as the natural Raw ability is there - speed, power, agility and explosiveness is common with many Fijians.
Would love Manly to unleash 1 of these talented young Fijians onto the arena and become a crowd favourite.
The bonus is the appreciation they seem to show for the opportunity and will give 100% to make it a success.

Agree if the Eels can do it so can we, and I’d reckon there’d be dozens waiting.

When was the last big destructive winger we had besides TRex (who actually is a backrower).

These type of wingers are probably only good to have in the squad for 2 seasons as they demand massive upgrades to match their impact come next contact negotiations.
We have never been able to field premier wingers like this as we don’t have the luxury like the Storm, Roosters or even Parra do with 3rd party endorsements, brown paper bags, new boats, fast cars, Rolex watches, house renos, family payment loading, fake business money laundering, holidays, Chanel 9 gigs post retirement so on and so on.

At least we know the players in maroon and white want to be there for the right reasons.

But yes I agree with you. Would be awesome and exciting to have a big Fijian flyer on the wing scoring off bombs and bumping off players at will.

When was the last big destructive winger we had besides TRex (who actually is a backrower).

These type of wingers are probably only good to have in the squad for 2 seasons as they demand massive upgrades to match their impact come next contact negotiations.
We have never been able to field premier wingers like this as we don’t have the luxury like the Storm, Roosters or even Parra do with 3rd party endorsements, brown paper bags, new boats, fast cars, Rolex watches, house renos, family payment loading, fake business money laundering, holidays, Chanel 9 gigs post retirement so on and so on.

At least we know the players in maroon and white want to be there for the right reasons.

But yes I agree with you. Would be awesome and exciting to have a big Fijian flyer on the wing scoring off bombs and bumping off players at will.

Funny you say that , I see Cronk has been signed on to the Roosters coaching department for 2020.

What’s the bet that’s $500k a season for doing **** all as has also guaranteed to be on either Nein or Fox as well.

AND a part of the Scam that the Goosters operate under.

.... another Petero Civoniceva wouldn't be bad either

Funny you say that , I see Cronk has been signed on to the Roosters coaching department for 2020.

What’s the bet that’s $500k a season for doing **** all as has also guaranteed to be on either Nein or Fox as well.

AND a part of the Scam that the Goosters operate under.

Absolutely diddly do!

Oh, you mean like Brayden Williame? Or maybe Aku Uate?
I suspect it's not quite so simple as you suggest to go and find someone there who will actually make it in NRL. Sivo has been here playing minor comps for a few years apparently, until his breakthrough this season.
Other Fijians we've had include Api and Aaron Groome.

Oh, you mean like Brayden Williame? Or maybe Aku Uate?
I suspect it's not quite so simple as you suggest to go and find someone there who will actually make it in NRL. Sivo has been here playing minor comps for a few years apparently, until his breakthrough this season.
Other Fijians we've had include Api and Aaron Groome.
Where do I say it’s easy??
You seem to miss the point, simply saying it’s another window of opportunity well worth keeping an eye out.
Also think Uate had some pretty good moments and made rep honours.
Also Api a premiership winning dummy half well respected across the NRL.
But to see an outside back flying up the Brookie sidelines would be Awesome

I've been to Bali for the past 20 years scouting 'talent'. But found no-one taller than 5ft 5.
I'll keep looking.
See you go the the wrong places. I do my talent scouting in Thailand. There are many beauties over 5ft 5 there unfortunately they carry more extra baggage than Todd Carney if you get my drift :p

piss off @Kiwi Eagle dont even go there my brother because I don’t :)

See you go the the wrong places. I do my talent scouting in Thailand. There are many beauties over 5ft 5 there unfortunately they carry more extra baggage than Todd Carney if you get my drift :p

And as a fisherman let’s just say “ they have good tackle”.

Last edited:
I wonder if anyone has considered the USA for prospects. It would take a fair bit off work to get their tackling up to standard but "running track" is such a big deal over there and someone who played as a receiver could also have a great pair of hands.

I wonder if anyone has considered the USA for prospects. It would take a fair bit off work to get their tackling up to standard but "running track" is such a big deal over there and someone who played as a receiver could also have a great pair of hands.

They actually have a small league competition over there too!!

Like the idea, would be a good replacement for Jorge once he retires/moves on. Although young Albert Hopoate might find himself a spot there?

good on you Cam, love you can have a joke about it. Don't worry, mine is Aaron Groom, :clap:

I have wondered for the last 25 years why more clubs haven't signed players from Fiji.
Back in the 90's Noa Nadruku was a pretty decent player for Canberra, I thought clubs would start having a look over there back then.

Haha. I’ve read posters thanking others in advance for advice. Can’t remember a ‘piss off’ in advance one though. @:p

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4