Oh dear. Robbo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Well if Robbo was top of the world this time 3 weeks ago, he sure knows what it is like in the valley now.  Couldn't hold a ball, dropping off tackles and stripped one on one for the winner.

Methinks he's still hungover from the Grand Final!

He's not a fullback as i'm sure we all know *shudders*

He did make an oustanding 1 on 1 tackle about 2 mins from the line on a much bigger man

I remember the loss at Parra when he was fullback.  Totally dreadful.  Scotland are just a joke team making up some sort of numbers anyway.  Take the money and then holidays Robbo, you deserve them.

Given the leniancy of the "heritage" laws that apply in the RLWC, I'm sure the Scots could come up with a better fullback & have their superstar on the wing. Ireland did it with "Paddy" Richards.

Under the criteria, like most of you on here, I'd qualify for muliple teams. Australia, Ireland & Scotland for me. Frankly, the Irish & Scots should be able to match the Aussies if they looked into all the family trees. Orford's a Scottish name, is it not?

Go Ireland!!!!

I'd qualify for Australia, Scotland and England.  Zimbabwe, Zambia and south Africa if they could be bothered competing.

Actually, maybe they should expand it to 20 teams so they can prattle on about a global game and I'll turn out at prop for Zambia.  Would provide at least 2 minutes of hilarious entertainment - particularly if Mullane turned out for Ireland.

Actually, surely Mullane would be eligible for Ireland?  If not by birth then surely because he's so obviously Irish?

Duff link said:
Given the leniancy of the \"heritage\" laws that apply in the RLWC, I'm sure the Scots could come up with a better fullback & have their superstar on the wing. Ireland did it with \"Paddy\" Richards.

Under the criteria, like most of you on here, I'd qualify for muliple teams. Australia, Ireland & Scotland for me. Frankly, the Irish & Scots should be able to match the Aussies if they looked into all the family trees. Orford's a Scottish name, is it not?

Go Ireland!!!!

There are plenty of Aussies who were asked to line up for the minnow nations, but declined because they felt it was wrong to do - ie, they felt they were wrongly taking spots of the guys who had spent their hard earned to qualify.

Steve Simpson was eligible for Ireland. Nathan Hindmarsh could play for Scotland. The Monaghan brothers both eligible for Ireland/Scotland. Cory Paterson and James McManus both turned down Scotland.

Heaps of players.

Michael Monaghan would be a great fit for Ireland.  Imagine a halves combination of Monaghan and Mullane!

Matabele link said:
Michael Monaghan would be a great fit for Ireland.  Imagine a halves combination of Monaghan and Mullane!

They would have fun running concentric circles around the Zambian prop.

Funny how the Monnas supporters went quiet this year when we won the comp. 

About as quiet as the "We won't win a comp with Orford", "Lyon is a **** 5/8" and "Bryant is ****" supporters

Kiwi Eagle link said:
About as quiet as the \"We won't win a comp with Orford\", \"Lyon is a S**t 5/8\" and \"Bryant is S**t\" supporters

Don't forget the "Matai's sh*t, we can't win with him as a defensive liability", "What is with Choc? His hands are dreadful, he can't tackle, we can't beat Melbourne with him", "King is sh*t" and "Steve Bell is past it" supporters. Honestly, I think the Stewart boys and Beaver are the only three who almost never have detractors.

For the record, I am a Monas fan but I've done my fair share of Ox-defending as well throughout the year.

tookey link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=178841.msg202087#msg202087 date=1225231461]

They would have fun running concentric circles around the Zambian prop.

[/quote]

No.  The circles they run are too tight to get around such a large bulk.  They'd run into the zambian and he'd belly flop on them and then the Zambian would have to go off with a corked belly button (which on him would be a very painful injury). 

Caveat:  I have lost 16kg since most of you last saw me.  Maybe I should trial for hooker. 

willstyles link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=178841.msg202120#msg202120 date=1225255226]
About as quiet as the \"We won't win a comp with Orford\", \"Lyon is a S**t 5/8\" and \"Bryant is S**t\" supporters

Don't forget the "Matai's sh*t, we can't win with him as a defensive liability", "What is with Choc? His hands are dreadful, he can't tackle, we can't beat Melbourne with him", "King is sh*t" and "Steve Bell is past it" supporters. Honestly, I think the Stewart boys and Beaver are the only three who almost never have detractors.

For the record, I am a Monas fan but I've done my fair share of Ox-defending as well throughout the year.
[/quote]

Brett Stewart doesn't take the line on enough.
Glenn can get too excited.
Beaver can throw a dud pass out of nowhere.

I didn't want the boys to feel left out.

I like the way Mata is bagging on the Irish now. It must be the only nation he has no connection to.
It's nothing but racism !!!

willstyles link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=178841.msg202120#msg202120 date=1225255226]

[/quote]

Beaver should have retired after round 3 remember, he was past it ;)

With my Scottish background it's well known that Irish are idiots and a disgrace to the Celt badge. 

Will and Kiwi, when has critical opinion been outlawed?  Did I miss something?  The fact is the guys you mentioned in your posts have played like crap some of the time throughout the season.  Matai's defense was rubbish at times.  The Ox's kicking ability was found wanting plenty of times; etc etc...Obviously Des reads this blog and so discussed with the players mentioned, the problems with their games and corrected those problems.  All good really.  By the way, do you think the Ox should talk to Pat Richards on how to drop kick a ball seventy metres as he did against Jim Dymock's mob (forgot which islander team that was)?     

It hasn't, and it never should be outlawed. Otherwise what would be the point of the site? But it was simply in response to the suggestion that the Monas fans had gone quiet since the grand final (which is true in a way - but we won 40-0, what's the point in being negative after that!?).... I think by and large the criticisms (and I chuck my 2 cents in whenever i think it appropriate) levelled at players are on the money.

And as for Ox's drop-outs....he could talk to whoever he wanted, his little legs will never be able to boot the monsters that Pat Richards (a much, much bigger man) can do.

willstyles link said:
It hasn't, and it never should be outlawed. Otherwise what would be the point of the site?

To disprove the existence of God and to excuse the Australian genocide. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=willstyles link=topic=178841.msg202203#msg202203 date=1225354005]
It hasn't, and it never should be outlawed. Otherwise what would be the point of the site?

To disprove the existence of God and to excuse the Australian genocide. 
[/quote]

So we have now been excused then that should be the end of any further mention of it again on this site.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6