Oh dear.....haha!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mozgrame said:
I'm a Queenslander, and therefore....according to some posters, an arsehole. I'm a Manly supporter and Blues supporter, and therefore...according to some Queenslanders, an arsehole.

Although i am passionate in my support of teams, i am in no way ignorant enough to say that the concept of SOO is dead based on one teams dominance of the series. Do people really believe that fans or players themselves should decide, or be given the chance to decide if such a massive money making event should be axed?? It is one of the biggest draw cards for the game itself!

It amuses me no end to read some of the comments on here from the same posters that screamed Thurston is a crying sook and needs to grow a pair and show some good sportsmanship. Some of the views on here stink to high Heaven of sour grapes! Why can't you almighty NSW supporters man up, like us Qlders and just knuckle down and say righto, next year is another year? Are you guys passionate too perhaps? Get it? I have never met a Qlder that has told me NSW lack passion seriously. They will to get a rise for amusement sake. Maybe you're falling for the media crap that goes into overdrive around SOO.

The perception of arrogance on the side of Qld supporters and the reaction of NSW supporters is a funny thing. If i was to carry on like some of you up here, i would be a never ending source of good humour for the locals. Here is an eye opener for you. The way some of you guys think of Qlders as ignorant, arrogant, redneck, arseholes is mirrored up here. Some Qlders think of you guys as people that love to whinge, whine, whimper, complain, snivel and moan(you can tell where Cook and his pommy mates landed) at every opportunity. A very close reflection of how you guys view players like Thurston yeah? Maybe it's a man in the mirror thing?

I want SOO to live on forever in the hope that the tables will turn, and dominance will again come back to the Blues! The players want it, the majority of fans want it and the game needs it. NSW people are far more passionate about their clubs. Queenslanders are far more passionate about their State side. Now keep in mind....that was a journo's statement.

Where the hell is March?? :)

I have lived in brisbane for 27 years and I can assure you that many many qld supporters have told me directly that NSW lack passion,always have, always will, so our experiences differ , and in general all we can really talk about are our own experiences.

The bit about the arseholes was introduced in relation to there sporting stars, not there fans. I love qld people they are really really nice, married one, my son is one. My best friends are queenslanders for 46 weeks a year

My way of supporting any team is to banter before the game and smile and shake hands after, or over a beer, Saying nothing before the game, and bragging to heavans after your team wins but say nothing if they don't is how i will remember qld fans through my 27 years of experience

In saying that I love origin. It is the best footy every year, and the qld team is getting easier and easier to hate

I have plenty of free thought. If i didn't, i wouldn't be able to see the arguement from both sides. You on the other hand resemble a fool. You see what you think is the "problem" come up with what you think is the "solution" and then brand us idiots. Being constanly called arseholes and idiots because of our State of birth is showing your own low level intelligence. Open your mind a little further, dismount from your high horse and relax a little. I wonder how many of us idiots support this great club? Surely not many, because after all, we are brainwashed idiots right?

Gotta love the off season. ;)

globaleagle said:
jbb/james said:
qld are more robust and vocal in their support but I dont see that as passion. its just because they are arseholes

In case the above post was too long, I've edited it for you all.

:D;):angel:

Eh, were you talking about Matty Hayden? ;)

jbb/james said:
mozgrame said:
I'm a Queenslander, and therefore....according to some posters, an arsehole. I'm a Manly supporter and Blues supporter, and therefore...according to some Queenslanders, an arsehole.

Although i am passionate in my support of teams, i am in no way ignorant enough to say that the concept of SOO is dead based on one teams dominance of the series. Do people really believe that fans or players themselves should decide, or be given the chance to decide if such a massive money making event should be axed?? It is one of the biggest draw cards for the game itself!

It amuses me no end to read some of the comments on here from the same posters that screamed Thurston is a crying sook and needs to grow a pair and show some good sportsmanship. Some of the views on here stink to high Heaven of sour grapes! Why can't you almighty NSW supporters man up, like us Qlders and just knuckle down and say righto, next year is another year? Are you guys passionate too perhaps? Get it? I have never met a Qlder that has told me NSW lack passion seriously. They will to get a rise for amusement sake. Maybe you're falling for the media crap that goes into overdrive around SOO.

The perception of arrogance on the side of Qld supporters and the reaction of NSW supporters is a funny thing. If i was to carry on like some of you up here, i would be a never ending source of good humour for the locals. Here is an eye opener for you. The way some of you guys think of Qlders as ignorant, arrogant, redneck, arseholes is mirrored up here. Some Qlders think of you guys as people that love to whinge, whine, whimper, complain, snivel and moan(you can tell where Cook and his pommy mates landed) at every opportunity. A very close reflection of how you guys view players like Thurston yeah? Maybe it's a man in the mirror thing?

I want SOO to live on forever in the hope that the tables will turn, and dominance will again come back to the Blues! The players want it, the majority of fans want it and the game needs it. NSW people are far more passionate about their clubs. Queenslanders are far more passionate about their State side. Now keep in mind....that was a journo's statement.

Where the hell is March?? :)

I have lived in brisbane for 27 years and I can assure you that many many qld supporters have told me directly that NSW lack passion,always have, always will, so our experiences differ , and in general all we can really talk about are our own experiences.

The bit about the arseholes was introduced in relation to there sporting stars, not there fans. I love qld people they are really really nice, married one, my son is one. My best friends are queenslanders for 46 weeks a year

My way of supporting any team is to banter before the game and smile and shake hands after, or over a beer, Saying nothing before the game, and bragging to heavans after your team wins but say nothing if they don't is how i will remember qld fans through my 27 years of experience

In saying that I love origin. It is the best footy every year, and the qld team is getting easier and easier to hate

Cheers mate. I guess I take it the wrong way when someone labels Queenslanders arseholes or idiots in general because the media tells us what to do up here;) Can you remember any times where bad press about Manly has been condemned, but any good news story held in high regard in NSW, or on this very site? We are all sheep to the media Australia wide to a certain extent. But that doesn't make you all arseholes in my eyes. Not even the supporters. :)

mozgrame said:
I have plenty of free thought. If i didn't, i wouldn't be able to see the arguement from both sides. You on the other hand resemble a fool. You see what you think is the "problem" come up with what you think is the "solution" and then brand us idiots. Being constanly called arseholes and idiots because of our State of birth is showing your own low level intelligence. Open your mind a little further, dismount from your high horse and relax a little. I wonder how many of us idiots support this great club? Surely not many, because after all, we are brainwashed idiots right?

Beautiful stuff. You have helped me define it in a nutshell. First i called some of qld sporting stars arseholes then clarified that it wasnt directed at the fans. But you as a fan grabbed it, made it your own, persecuted for being a queenslander. Thats what i was talking about originally. Poor old queenslanders

I wasnt calling people born here idiots at all, another snippet you latched on to from nothing. You invented that one

Look moz i have nothing against anyone. Im not racist,or a bigot. Im a hippy type that believes we all should co exist , and i try not to cast aspersions on anyone which is why i made a point of reaffirming its my experiences. Im very relaxed , but my opinion is based on what i have witnessed first hand living here.

Take that as you will, i wont be back, Take care mate. Look forward to expressing myself again next series. The pre game banter

jbb/james said:
mozgrame said:

Beautiful stuff. You have helped me define it in a nutshell. First i called some of qld sporting stars arseholes then clarified that it wasnt directed at the fans. But you as a fan grabbed it, made it your own, persecuted for being a queenslander. Thats what i was talking about originally. Poor old queenslanders

I wasnt calling people born here idiots at all, another snippet you latched on to from nothing. You invented that one

Look moz i have nothing against anyone. Im not racist,or a bigot. Im a hippy type that believes we all should co exist , and i try not to cast aspersions on anyone which is why i made a point of reaffirming its my experiences. Im very relaxed , but my opinion is based on what i have witnessed first hand living here.

Take that as you will, i wont be back, Take care mate. Look forward to expressing myself again next series. The pre game banter

Sorry mate. I was reffering to ManlyBacker's statemenst. I thought you may have read what he wrote as you scrolled through, but obviously not. If you do read through some of the posts, you'll get what i mean.

fair enough. honest mistake.And very sportsman of you to take my comments like you have considering I didnt read the lot.My attention to detail was shabby.

I do agree with your reference to the manly stuff in the media. I know I have bitten at times which is essentially the same. Good point. No ones perfect as even manly supporters support other states

mozgrame said:

I am relaxed. You need the chill pill. If I hadn't had a lifetime of listening to Queenslanders coming out with the same stuff year after year after year then I wouldn't have my opinion. Any conversation with a Queenslander doesn't start off with "How are you", "wazzup", or any other pleasantry. It is straight into "What are the selectors doing not picking <insert Queenslander of choice>" Every time. Brainwashed and predictable. The exception, of course, are Manly fans who have proved themselves already :)

ManlyBacker said:
mozgrame said:

I am relaxed. You need the chill pill. If I hadn't had a lifetime of listening to Queenslanders coming out with the same stuff year after year after year then I wouldn't have my opinion. Any conversation with a Queenslander doesn't start off with "How are you", "wazzup", or any other pleasantry. It is straight into "What are the selectors doing not picking <insert Queenslander of choice>" Every time. Brainwashed and predictable. The exception, of course, are Manly fans who have proved themselves already :)

Haha mate, you need to immediately broaden your circle of friends/associates. On the update side, I will quite openly state that after the day i've had, most all Qld tradies are money hungry, fat ignorant grubs!

Go the Blues!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6