OFFICIAL: HASLER SACKED & SEIBOLD NEW COACH

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You are right.

Q. How many times did i feel good about being a Manly fan in 2022?

A. 3 x For 70 minutes v Cowboys and Storm and Parra

The last 10 minutes of those games and the rest of the year was rubbish.
Des must be looking through his rainbow coloured glasses if he used the jersey gate as an excuse

We were consistent under the great Des all year

We were consistently very disappointing

It is a shame as I had big hopes for the Great Des but every great has his day
-

Yep he gets full control of a club he coaches them, when things go pear-shaped and is about to be pushed out he sues, he's done it here and at the dogs. The stupid thing is that when he was signed the 2nd time they gave him full control again, they didn't learn from their 1st encounter.

The other thing is, how he or anyone can prove that it was the pride jersey fiasco that caused us not to make the top 6. We were 2 points out of the 8 and not even guaranteed a top 8 spot before the pride jersey round.

Yep he gets full control of a club he coaches them, when things go pear-shaped and is about to be pushed out he sues, he's done it here and at the dogs. The stupid thing is that when he was signed the 2nd time they gave him full control again, they didn't learn from their 1st encounter.

The other thing is, how he or anyone can prove that it was the pride jersey fiasco that caused us not to make the top 6. We were 2 points out of the 8 and not even guaranteed a top 8 spot before the pride jersey round.
The year before that we made the finals at the back of Tom Turbo

when the top teams coaches figured out how to stop Turbo you stop Manly

Des had no answers to lift his one man match winning team

Des time is up but his great success at Manly will always be up there with the greatest ever Manly Legends

See the source image

Great Manly people have come and gone but our Legendary club has always remained

We must also always remain with our Legendary club

God Bless the Legendary Manly Sea eagles

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

I recall Scott Penn assuring everyone that there were going to be very strict controls in place to stop Des having too much power around salary cap and back end deals etc this time four years ago when Des signed for three years.

I think what happened was that Penn moved to the USA and the ceo’s kept leaving so in the end Des ended up with full control again via default.

I think what happened was that Penn moved to the USA and the ceo’s kept leaving so in the end Des ended up with full control again via default.
At the end of the day and either way

Des had full control and is fully accountable for his teams results

Dessie’s lawyer is pretty old, same age as Des. He’s a 61 year old coach’s lawyer:

“The newspaper reports the 61-year-old coach’s lawyer Daniel McGirr emailed the payout demand to Manly club bosses on Monday.”

Dessie’s lawyer is pretty old, same age as Des. He’s a 61 year old coach’s lawyer:

“The newspaper reports the 61-year-old coach’s lawyer Daniel McGirr emailed the payout demand to Manly club bosses on Monday.”
Hmm I am sure a younger lawyer will be making similar demands if they are representing Des.
Anyway it is standard practice to request an over the top amount… both parties will want to avoid going to court and Des is entitled to a payout. This will cost the club a lot of cash at least $500 750k imo. Penn better be paying this himself…. the price you pay for wearing the big pants…
These changes better deliver results… and I mean next season not in 3 years…

A coach needs a minimum 3 years to get the squad he wants/needs ..
I agree Woodsie
It's easy to say a good coach should be able to coach any sqaud, But Coaches are individual's with individual game plans and like to coach a certain way.
To be Successful they need a certain type of player in each position to play to that particular style he's implementing.

If it goes ahead, no one would be surprised it's heading to the courts.

Usually, off to the courts they go, you get a ruling, cheques are paid, life goes on.

But I'm sure the DT 'jerkos' and other twitterazzi will wring every bit of salacious gossips they can out of it while treating the facts of the case with their usual aplomb.

Do people still use aplomb?

But Penn said we already have a premiership winning squad so he won’t have to do anything in the recruitment front.
He was referring to a move of our NRL squad to the NSW competition, where theoretically they might win (on average) a premiership every 2-3 years.

Definitely time for change great to have a past coach as new coach and assistant.Bit of a rebuild on and off field but I certainly think it's exciting times ahead I think 🤔,may not be straight away but in time . Interested to see Canberra doing similar with Michael Maguire appointment

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8