"Official": Des Hasler appointed Manly coach - 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Just got home from work to this expected but awesome news.
Yay, we have a coach who can do that thing called coaching.
Welcome home Des.
His return reminds me of Snake saying "Be Manly. Don't be a dog!"
Feels great to be excited about Manly again.
Manly's back Toddy! Bet he didn't expect this a couple of months ago.

My 2 cents.. Stoked he's back.. Said from day 1 ide love des back.. He's a champion coach, and I think ALOT of tooves success came off the back of Haslers work... Great signing
I am SO happy! Manly legend coaching Manly equals the Manly spirit which has been so sorely lacking during Trent Barrett's ill-fated reign. I'm sure Des will bring his own Fantastic Furniture desk and bookshelves with him. God bless you Des and well done Mr. Penn.

Yes , I was a member for many years - but not 2018 . The decision to bring back Hasler who I have a lot more faith in than Barrett , I have decided I will renew membership for 2019. One thing for sure , Hasler will bring more structure in offence and more steel / toughness in defence .
No more embarrassing defensive displays - that is not Manly and never has been.

The day Des Hasler dragged me out of a pub
'My first instinct was ‘this can’t be good’.''

Written ByADAM LUCIUS @Lush178

I was two sips into that glorious weekly tradition known as the Friday arvo beer when the phone rang.

Des Hasler’s name filled the screen.

My first instinct was ‘this can’t be good’.

The second instinct was to brush the call, but that would only temporarily shelf the grief coming my way.

After warily pressing green instead of red, I stood in an alley outside Manly’s Steyne Hotel and spent the next 40 minutes being bashed around both ears.

Des was not happy that on a podcast featuring myself, Bulldog Ritchie and Peter Peters, Zorba had questioned Melbourne’s culture.

It was right at the height of the fierce Melbourne-Manly rivalry.

“What are you doing? We’re playing them tomorrow and they’re reading Zorba’s quotes out on the team bus right now,” Hasler fumed.

“You’ve just made our job 100 times harder. How fired up do you think they’re going to be now?”

Not very, as it turned out.

Manly won easily.

The next time I bumped into Dessie, I mentioned the Friday night spray.

“Nah, nah…all good….that was just a gee-up. You didn’t think I was serious, did you?” he said.

“But can you just not ask Zorba about Manly next time.”

Hasler is a control freak, whether it’s dealing with the media, players, coaching staff, CEOs or salary caps.

He’s even been known to word up the Manly ball-boys on best practice policy after penalty kicks.

Those who know him best laugh at suggestions he is a changed man, that the leopard has changed its spots ahead of his second coming at Manly.

Don’t believe it for a minute.

Even before the Bic left the paper on his new contract, Des was back to his cunning, scheming best.

He’s organised coaching staff, talked pre-season training schedules and rung around about players – those he wants to get rid of and those he wants to bring in.

“Hasler has a work ethic which makes one want to have a lie down,” friend and former colleague Peter Peters says.

“Almost without fail he is first at work at 7 am and last to leave at around 7pm.

“But that doesn't mean he has finished work. He regularly calls up to 11 pm and often after midnight with his familiar "I didn't wake you, did I?"

“When you are in his inner sanctum you are on call for 24 hours. He expects his staff to work to the standards he sets himself.”

With Hasler back, it’s time to start hating Manly again.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...s-nrl-pub-melbourne/ipggld5h82o51sabl33dxt9el
This is exactly why I love the man!

You’re a Barrett Boy aren’t you?

King of the North said Des back over his dead body? How’s that working out?
Great work Manly, something to cheer about at long last.
Why are you trolling Mark?

I gave Barrett a chance until it was obvious it wasn’t going to work. Never was “one of his boys”!

Best news I have heard in a lonnnnng time.

As fans, lets live up to our end of the deal. Get your memberships today and the club know that if they listen to the fans we will jump on board.

Good to see it’s all patched up between Dessie and the Penn. Time to cut the bull**** and concentrate on getting us back to where we belong. Good to hear Des say positive things about the squad and potential.

At least they fed him well at the Dogs!

52E60DAD-C4F9-4D99-A25C-84363F6809EE.png

8 premierships all delivered by ex Manly players. The Manly blood is back. No more of these fkn useless outsiders that don’t understand the culture of our great club!

It's all good until he doesn't play some 18 year old attacking prodigy from the junior grades in place of an old guy doing his job reliably but unspectacularly. I remember Des picking and sticking a lot and I hope that the participants on this forum cut him some slack for sticking with the guys that fit his system rather than chopping and changing at the first sign of trouble.

Can't wait to have a real coach with a real plan, go Dessie!

It's all good until he doesn't play some 18 year old attacking prodigy from the junior grades in place of an old guy doing his job reliably but unspectacularly. I remember Des picking and sticking a lot and I hope that the participants on this forum cut him some slack for sticking with the guys that fit his system rather than chopping and changing at the first sign of trouble.

Can't wait to have a real coach with a real plan, go Dessie!
The thing that pissed me off about Des the most was shipping Beaver out early. Sure he had a great send off but let's be honest he prob would of made it to the 2013 and been the difference
Now we have to listen to record breaking cam Smith and his most games record

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10