Off contract players - back up FB?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yea those defensive stats don’t make for good reading… even for a fullback who traditionally has more “missed” tackles
Maybe Smith's stats for 2021 are skewed. I watched highlights of the Blacktown Sea Eagles games. Often the players seemed completely disinterested in defence - they won 3 out of 12 games and some of the losses were blowouts - results here. Smith's 66.7% tackle efficiency was marginally ahead of the team average of 57% (not helped by average completion rate of 52%).

So with Garrick the likely fall back do we really need a backup fullback ???

In my opinion our money could be better spent on an extra forward and a strike centre.
A centre that can play fullback.
Garrick is solid at fullback but has ZERO ball playing skills which is a necessity in the modern game! He will run 300m a game and try his guts out but he will miss 2 try scoring opportunities by not being able to set up the outside men.

I also think with Davey back in and the addition of Bullemore our forwards are stacked. Especially with guys like Schuster, Olakau-atu, Keppie and Paseka to improve further next year. And Walker is basically added as a forward now. In my opinion we are at least 1 strike centre short. Surely we replace Suli.

I will join feathered friend

A Full Monty Protest
Post bookmarked @:)

eyes.jpg

A centre that can play fullback.
Garrick is solid at fullback but has ZERO ball playing skills which is a necessity in the modern game! He will run 300m a game and try his guts out but he will miss 2 try scoring opportunities by not being able to set up the outside men.

I also think with Davey back in and the addition of Bullemore our forwards are stacked. Especially with guys like Schuster, Olakau-atu, Keppie and Paseka to improve further next year. And Walker is basically added as a forward now. In my opinion we are at least 1 strike centre short. Surely we replace Suli.
Yes I do get Rueben is no Turbo , but then again , no one is.

One Robbo Wang dance was bad enough :giggle:
Funny story... when I was playing U18 Raiders we got fines for being late or missing training gear etc. At the end of the year you had to either pay the fines or do a nudie run around the oval after training with all grades and parents watching from the carpark. Needless to say my fines were too much so had to do a sneaky run around the oval with another guy while the rest of the team chased us trying to whip us with towels and throw ice at us :) ohhh the good old days haha
Years later, I ended up best mates with a guy from the U16s and his mum was telling us this story about some random guys running around naked at training and I had to tell her that was actually me :)

Bevan French is suppose to go back to that covid riddled UK. If he was to stay in Oz wearing Maroon and White it would certainly have a Jamie Lyon feel to it.

I know it's often said they've done their dash. But out of curiousity. Can anyone see DES throwing that younger hoppa a life line. Did We or Did we not offer him a contract only 12 months ago? And it was NOT enough $ to someone's liking?
If the younger Hoopa doesn't get to play NRL next year, it will be a sad day, as that would mean no Hoopas in the NRL anywhere next season. Williams in Eng, Jamil's in prison and the younger Hoopas who knows. We have an even younger one coming through the juniors, so we'll wait and see.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7