NSW v The Rest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
The off season always gets me thinking of players from different era's and combining them into YART's with varying eligibility requirements. So I've jotted down two teams, NSW v The Rest, made up of Manly players. To be qualify for the NSW team the player must satisfy SOO NSW eligibility criteria (even if they played before the SOO era). The Rest is made up of players who don't, ie Qld, NZ, GB etc. I've also tried to go with standard selection tactics on the bench, ie 1 utility, 3 forwards, so not necessarily who I would consider the 4 straight out best players not in the starting 13.

NSW
1 Graham Eadie
2 Tom Trbojevic
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Bob Fulton
5 Michael O'Conner
6 Cliff Lyons
7 Geoff Toovey
8 Roy Bull
9 Max Krilich
10 Mark Carroll
11 Terry Randall
12 Steve Menzies
13 Glenn Stewart

14 Des Hasler
15 Jake Trbojevic
16 Ian Roberts
17 David Gillespie

The Rest
1 Matthew Ridge
2 Dale Shearer
3 Chris Close
4 Steve Matai
5 Kerry Boustead
6 Keiran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Kevin Ward
9 Matt Ballin
10 Addin Fonua-Blake
11 Owen Cunningham
12 Paul Vautin
13 Mal Reilly

14 Tony Iro
15 Phil Lowe
16 Marty Taupau
17 Martin Bella

Who would make your respective teams?

The off season always gets me thinking of players from different era's and combining them into YART's with varying eligibility requirements. So I've jotted down two teams, NSW v The Rest, made up of Manly players. To be qualify for the NSW team the player must satisfy SOO NSW eligibility criteria (even if they played before the SOO era). The Rest is made up of players who don't, ie Qld, NZ, GB etc. I've also tried to go with standard selection tactics on the bench, ie 1 utility, 3 forwards, so not necessarily who I would consider the 4 straight out best players not in the starting 13.

NSW
1 Graham Eadie
2 Tom Trbojevic
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Bob Fulton
5 Michael O'Conner
6 Cliff Lyons
7 Geoff Toovey
8 Roy Bull
9 Max Krilich
10 Mark Carroll
11 Terry Randall
12 Steve Menzies
13 Glenn Stewart

14 Des Hasler
15 Jake Trbojevic
16 Ian Roberts
17 David Gillespie

The Rest
1 Matthew Ridge
2 Dale Shearer
3 Chris Close
4 Steve Matai
5 Kerry Boustead
6 Keiran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Kevin Ward
9 Matt Ballin
10 Addin Fonua-Blake
11 Owen Cunningham
12 Paul Vautin
13 Mal Reilly

14 Tony Iro
15 Phil Lowe
16 Marty Taupau
17 Martin Bella

Who would make your respective teams?
John O ' Neil , John Harvey , Ian Thomson in the N S W line up to be considered . Steve Norton , Bruce Walker in the rest side . Others also worthy no doubt , A real good effort to come up with these lists however , Talk about so many class players to consider .

And you could probably have a Barbarian side as well;

1. Brett Stewart
2. Tom Mooney
3. Craig Innes
4. Terry Hill
5. Ken Irvine
6. Alan Thompson
7. John Gibbs
8. John Harvey
9. Mal Cochran’s
10. Ian Thompson
11. Rex Mossop
12. Daniel Gartner
13. Nik Kosef
14. Ray Branaghan
15. Bruce Walker
16. Noel Cleal
17. John O’Neill

Love these threads! We’ve been spoilt for quality over the years haven’t we?

I’d have to give two BKs - Kennedy and Kite - a run in the NSW team. Kennedy in for Gift and Kite for Cement. I reckon we can sometimes underestimate how vital Kitey was to our success when he was with us.

C'mon the Rest
- and I'm running the water, endone and whatever else will be needed. And I'm calling dibs on the home jerseys!

We got Steve Norton and Gary Stephens, 2 premiership winning internationals to call on as well if need be for the rest...

Super League sensitivities aside John Ribot probably deserves some recognition also . Geoff Gerrard , Boyd , Dorahy Ray Brown [ bit of a Wests connection but so what ] All internationals however and still had a fairly notable presence at Manly . and Phil Blake another gifted player

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4