NSW & Holden Cups - Round 7 Team Lists, Info & Results etc.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
NYC Sea Eagles go down to pacey Cowboys

Fri 18th April, 07:12PM

The Cowboys have handed the Sea Eagles their fifth loss of the season after claiming a 30-16 victory at Central Coast Stadium on Friday night.

A late lapse in concentration cost the home side dearly as the Cowboys scored 20 unanswered points in the final quarter of the match to secure victory.

Click here to read the full article at seaeagles.com.au

Thanks again Jethro for your reports. Well appreciated. Sounds like the real NSW Cup side stood up on the weekend...finally....though I realise its against a lowly placed North Syd side. But shows they have what is needed to win. How did Gutherson and Trbojevic go.

Sad about the NYC team yet again going under. Sounds like they have two or three outstanding players such as Tom Terrific, but the rest are a bit ordinary....am I reading that right? How did Knight go? :s:p

Just thought I'd bump this now the video is up on the NSWRL site. T-Red looked involved in most of the tries playing a, dare I say it, G Stewart type roll.

NSW Cup Side

Great afternoon at Bear park on Saturday and a terrific performance from our NSW Cup side. We were up 32 nil at half time and probably should have been over the 40 mark. The bears came back in the 2nd half growling but were eventually overhauled and final score ended up 42 – 14. Not sure why our guys have not won a game prior to this but they certainly fired up on Saturday. Whatever Luke Williamson did last week at training he should do it again.
Highlights;
• Props – great games from Jake T and Tyson Andrews. They played for most of the match and kept going forward all day. Jake scored a very smart try in the 2nd half while Tyson was strong every time he handled the ball or tackled the bears. Also really impressed with the new guy Lauaki. He is one big unit and not only looks mean and menacing...he really is. He bent the line almost every time he got the ball, put in some good game time, gained some valuable yards and I don’t think made any mistakes. Very intimidating and he will be pressing for bench spot in the NRL side.
• Backrowers – hard to pick the best here as they all played extremely well. Tom Symonds had a beauty and I think may be back to his best but I thought Daniel Harrison stole the show and had an absolute blinder out there and was my MOM. Good running, hard tackling and some very smart offloads. He is a very good ball player. Also got to say that was the best game I have seen Ligi Sao play....very strong running and brutal front on defence. I thought it was terry randall out there for a moment. Not sure what exactly has changed with these guys from the last few weeks, but they should continue with it. They were aggressive and hunted as a pack all day.
• Halves – I really liked Jack Littlejohn when I first saw him play for us in the Auckland 9’s earlier this year and got to say he could be interesting in the NRL. Good running and got a hell of a big kick on him and was out in the open quite a few times and kept his cool all the way. Defence needs work. First time I have seen Manaia Rudolph play and yes he certainly has some blinding pace there and can attack the line. Scored a couple of neat tries and did some very smart things in open play. Defence also needs work.
• Backline – Cheyse Blair played in the centres and had a blinder. Still miffed as to how he gets dropped from the NRL side as I thought he was playing well at that level. Clint Gutherson also played well and setup some great attacking raids. I have not been a massive fan of his but that is definitely the best game I have seen him play to date.
• Jayden Hodges – this kid is very good and will play NRL this year. Very nippy and made heaps of yards up the middle around some ultra big bears. He reminds me of a young Toovey with his defence on much bigger guys. He is a very good defender and not intimidated by the big boys. Interesting proposition to have on the NRL bench.

If they can re-produce that standard of play, they will challenge some of the more fancied sides in the NSW Cup.

RE: NSW Cup Side

Thanks for the write up. Wouldn't mind if Lauaki and Hodges given a run on the bench later in the year.

Bears V Sea Eagles - VB NSW Cup Rd 7

Tue 22nd April, 11:30AM
By Michael Mapstone

Manly scored a long-awaited first win of the season with an emphatic 42-14 away victory over North Sydney.

Having not previously defeated the Bears at North Sydney Oval, the Sea Eagles laid the foundations for their much needed victory with a superb first half display that saw them up 32-0 at the break.

Click here to read the full article and view the video highlights at NSWRL.com.au

silvereagle said:
Great afternoon at Bear park on Saturday and a terrific performance from our NSW Cup side. We were up 32 nil at half time and probably should have been over the 40 mark. The bears came back in the 2nd half growling but were eventually overhauled and final score ended up 42 – 14. Not sure why our guys have not won a game prior to this but they certainly fired up on Saturday. Whatever Luke Williamson did last week at training he should do it again.
Highlights;
• Props – great games from Jake T and Tyson Andrews. They played for most of the match and kept going forward all day. Jake scored a very smart try in the 2nd half while Tyson was strong every time he handled the ball or tackled the bears. Also really impressed with the new guy Lauaki. He is one big unit and not only looks mean and menacing...he really is. He bent the line almost every time he got the ball, put in some good game time, gained some valuable yards and I don’t think made any mistakes. Very intimidating and he will be pressing for bench spot in the NRL side.
• Backrowers – hard to pick the best here as they all played extremely well. Tom Symonds had a beauty and I think may be back to his best but I thought Daniel Harrison stole the show and had an absolute blinder out there and was my MOM. Good running, hard tackling and some very smart offloads. He is a very good ball player. Also got to say that was the best game I have seen Ligi Sao play....very strong running and brutal front on defence. I thought it was terry randall out there for a moment. Not sure what exactly has changed with these guys from the last few weeks, but they should continue with it. They were aggressive and hunted as a pack all day.
• Halves – I really liked Jack Littlejohn when I first saw him play for us in the Auckland 9’s earlier this year and got to say he could be interesting in the NRL. Good running and got a hell of a big kick on him and was out in the open quite a few times and kept his cool all the way. Defence needs work. First time I have seen Manaia Rudolph play and yes he certainly has some blinding pace there and can attack the line. Scored a couple of neat tries and did some very smart things in open play. Defence also needs work.
• Backline – Cheyse Blair played in the centres and had a blinder. Still miffed as to how he gets dropped from the NRL side as I thought he was playing well at that level. Clint Gutherson also played well and setup some great attacking raids. I have not been a massive fan of his but that is definitely the best game I have seen him play to date.
• Jayden Hodges – this kid is very good and will play NRL this year. Very nippy and made heaps of yards up the middle around some ultra big bears. He reminds me of a young Toovey with his defence on much bigger guys. He is a very good defender and not intimidated by the big boys. Interesting proposition to have on the NRL bench.

If they can re-produce that standard of play, they will challenge some of the more fancied sides in the NSW Cup.

Excellent write up. Please give us more over the next few weeks

It's great to read a positive report about our Reserve Grade side. Every time I've watched them they have been outclassed or out-enthused. On paper we have a very good team. Let's see if they can back up the performance this week.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4