NSW Game 3

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
They may as well experiment. Some thoughts on selection:

Get O'Meley back and play Mason in the 2nd Row.
Give a guernsey to Tongue. He is a very under rated player. Get Gallen in there too.
The halves have been woeful. Go for a club combination - the most likely being Orford/Lyon at 7 and 6.
Swallow pride and select Tahu (if fit) in the Centres.
Hoffman to start.

Changes yes. Those changes, no.

We don't want to go down that QLD road of selecting Willo's & Tongues in the team. That's un-blue. We need Merritt & Stewie in the same team, we need some props but all we have is backrowers.
Maybe Kingy, I dunno maybe Clinton.

Watmough must be in the team.

Drop Ryan and keep Hindy as the tackling machine of the team. Maybe bring in Gallen for Simpson.

Try and find room for O'Meley, although I dont think he is any better than Kite, White or Bailey.

Omealy for White is a must.

Simpson to bench

Bird/hoffman/gallen to lock

1 of ryan or hindmarsh, we dont need a team of tacklers with no attacking skills.

Grothe for King - we just cant keep leaking points there, both losses have come through king no holding his wing position.

Mullen for Anasta

Clinton! You're kidding right? I'd select King ahead of Clinton (and collect $50 from sue Ridgepipe)

O'Meley - yes

Orford / Lyon don't look likely playing for us let alone for NSW.

Gallen/Watmough for Ryan or Hindmarsh.

Tahu for Cooper sounds fair.

I wouldn't mind seeing Robbie Farah given a go on the bench. Or even Craig Wing given that he can cover a few spots

I don't know what the solution is, we just don't have any decent 5/8ths to pick from. I see Kurt Gidley has been named for Newcastle this week so we could do worse than give him a crack at the 6.

Kimmorely was that **** scared of throwing another intercept that he was letting the ball go 5m from the line which completely nullified our backrowers running game. Guys like Simpson, Mason, Ryan and Hoffman need to get the ball right on the line so the defence hasn't got time to line them up. At least his kicking game was good tonight.

I don't know, on that performance we are running on old legs and will probably get touched up in game 3 if they stick with the same side.

We need to find a five-eighth and have a decent match plan. I don't blame Kimmorley as he was playing to the coaches pattern. Our centres got no room or chance and the only that looked a chance of breaking the line was Stewart.

on a side note, was listening to some sports talkback here in NZ and a disgruntled warriors fan made the comment that the Blues should select Michael Witt at five/eighth that way the warriors can finally have a weekend without him playing!!!

Good to hear that he is making a name for himself at the warriors!! Didn't they just extend his contract for another 3 years!! :lol:

With nothing to lose the Blues could go for a Monnas/Witt halves combo!!! ;)

It's all about the scrum base. Qld has one that's fantastic, NSW haven't. I don't know where NSW will find a decent half as I don't rate any. Maybe give Campese from Canberra a go. 5/8?

Stewart
Hayne
Lewis
King
Grothe
Mu llen
Kimmorley
Bailey
Buderus
O' Meley
Mason
Watmough
Bird

Hindmarsh
Kite
Farar/Gidley
Simpson

for me

coached by Gould with assistance of Joey ;-)

I reckon Qld should blood some new talent, lets face it - they aren't going to hit too much NSW resistance with the team they trotted out last night. Anasta = nuff said

O'Meley in for White, Gallen in for Hindmarsh, Choc in for Simpson, Gidley in for Anasta, Tahu in for Lyon. Hoffmann must start - he is wasted on the bench.

What about replacing the coach, I'm still trying to work out his interchange roster and timing. Oh, thats right, take of a player playing aggressive and replace hime with one who'll drop the ball. That works every time.

My side would be

1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Tahu
4. King
5. Grothe
6. Mullen
7. Kimmorley
13. Bird
12. Gallen
11. Mason
10. Kite
9. Farrah
8. O'Meley
14. Bailey
15. Watmough
16. Hoffman
17. Gidley

1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Lewis
4. Cooper
5. Grothe
6. Mullen
7. Kimmorley
8. Kite
9. Buderus
10. Bailey
11. Mason
12. Hindmarsh
13. Bird

14. Simpson/White
15. Hoffman
16. Watmough
17. O'Meley

Enough versatility in the side from Bird, Hoffman and Watmough cover that no utility is needed on the bench, Buderus is an 80 min man

1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Lewis
4. Cooper
5. Merrit
6. Farah
7. Kimorley
8. Kite
9. Buderous
10. Gallen
11. Mason
12. Watmough