Nsw cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The worst part of the lower grade issue is that they are getting poorer as the year progresses. At least the firsts are showing ticker now. But, except for an occasional aberration, the NSW cup side and Holden Cup U20s have gone from bad to worse. That is no encouragement for next year at all. Seems to me the Penns are just making a token effort with anything lower than firsts, and then failing in firsts as well.

Maybe the Blacktown experiment may turn things around. Anything would be better than what we've seen this year. I get the impression Peters will be sprouting on about a golden new age with next years results because its probable they will have to improve. But will the vast improvement be rising one or two positions in each grade. That's a significant improvement Peters would say

Maybe the Blacktown experiment may turn things around. Anything would be better than what we've seen this year. I get the impression Peters will be sprouting on about a golden new age with next years results because its probable they will have to improve. But will the vast improvement be rising one or two positions in each grade. That's a significant improvement Peters would say

Funny you should mention Blacktown. When we beat Newcastle a few weeks back, we used players from Blacktown Workers and put in our best performance of the season lol

People say the lower grades mean nothing, but I also find it interesting that of all our NYC teams, the most successful (obviously) has produced the best results. Players like:

Jare Weara-Hargreaves
Darcy Lussick
Kieran Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans
Jamie Buhrer
Tom Trbojevic
Jake Trbojevic
Liam Knight

etc etc etc all came through winning systems.

I struggle to see any talent down there now (apart from Brad Parker) that are potential future first graders.

People say the lower grades mean nothing, but I also find it interesting that of all our NYC teams, the most successful (obviously) has produced the best results. Players like:

Jare Weara-Hargreaves
Darcy Lussick
Kieran Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans
Jamie Buhrer
Tom Trbojevic
Jake Trbojevic
Liam Knight

etc etc etc all came through winning systems.

I struggle to see any talent down there now (apart from Brad Parker) that are potential future first graders.

Ryan, in the 7 or so years since Jared W-H played holden cup for us, how many players have played in the holden cup and how many have gone on to be FG regulars at Manly. Maybe 6-7 out of 100.

That's not counting the good ones that get poached by other clubs as soon as they show form. eg. jared W-H, will Hopoate, Jamil Hopoate, Darcy Lussick, younger Lussick et al.

If you were a director of a public company and had to justify to shareholders the cost/benefit of spending heaps on players from the age of 16 until 20 without any guarantee to their future services, as opposed to buying them fully grown, it would be a struggle.

PS(who will Brad Parker be playing for in 2 years, I know the answer ... the highest bidder.)

Ryan, in the 7 or so years since Jared W-H played holden cup for us, how many players have played in the holden cup and how many have gone on to be FG regulars at Manly. Maybe 6-7 out of 100.

That's not counting the good ones that get poached by other clubs as soon as they show form. eg. jared W-H, will Hopoate, Jamil Hopoate, Darcy Lussick, younger Lussick et al.

If you were a director of a public company and had to justify to shareholders the cost/benefit of spending heaps on players from the age of 16 until 20 without any guarantee to their future services, as opposed to buying them fully grown, it would be a struggle.

PS(who will Brad Parker be playing for in 2 years, I know the answer ... the highest bidder.)

Totally fair point. I just think that coming through a successful system (I cannot fathom how Penna was moved on), where young men are developed properly (regardless of how much is spent on them), those slight chances increase some what.

You have to cultivate young men on and off the field. In fact, I'd say that that needs to continue in first grade, and that's what you hear about the amazing coaches like Bellamy, Bennett & others.

Is Chad Randall that maker of men? Does Chad Randall give our young fellows the best opportunity to improve, learn & be better people (and leaders off the field)?

We had a team of Penna (younger grades), Singe, Toovey & Hasler at one point. That was a stage in our history where we were cultivating stars. We were also acquiring talent, and turning them into stars (or really good players) - Bryant, Rose, Mauro as examples).

I have no idea of why Penna / Singe aren't employees of our club anymore. Heck, throw in Toovey and Hasler.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6