NSW Cup Update

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bradza

Bencher
Tipping Member
Went down and watched the reggies play the Central Coast Storm this arvo at Brookie. Pretty miserable day and only a couple of hundred people there to watch.

Points of interest;

- CC wear the crappy Storm jersey and had Russell Aitken, Cliff Manua, Sam Tagataese & Regan Tanner (ex knights) playing for them.
- pretty dull first half with Manly leading 6-0 through blindside individual effort from Meaney. The Koala played 5/8 and the attack looked ordinary although the defense was well organised (like 1st grade). This team has been scoring plenty of points so I was interested to see how that was possible with Koala and Jeff Robson in the halves. Robson organises well but didn't offer a lot and in  my opinion would not handle 1st grade if Ox got injured which is a worry.
- 2nd half was a lot better with Nick B-Q not returning to the field. Kenny Edwards from u20s got a run and he and big Georgie Rose carved up in the 2nd half. Tim Browne (goal kicking backrower) also played well off the bench. 4 2nd half tries were scored with the final score at 24-0.
- Andrew Suniula (winger)looks the goods and always looked likely to beat a couple. Georgie still has a bit of weight on but probably not much more than last year. He made plenty of yards and heaps of offloads. He will be ready to step up if we get a few injuries.
- Meaney was really involved but will probably never be 1st grade standard. Phil Deadwood is still going. Plenty of minutes and hitups but zero impact. Offerdahl hasn't really kicked on. Tries hard but not big enough. Mauro was solid and Wells shows skill but neither did anything amazing. Same with Neumann.
- the program listed Halden as out indefinitely with his shoulder injury and Jack A has a hand injury and is due back in 1 or 2 weeks

Interesting that Rose is playing well.  I really doubted his ability to come back from such a bad break with his love of Maccas.

hi brad, great report, I was thinking if someone asked me to sum up players, that report of yours would be right on the dot!!!

Andrew Suniula (winger)looks the goods and always looked likely to beat a couple. I mentioned him early in the year, he was that signing from US rugby!!! He was dynamic in attack in 2 games I saw him and then must have got injured, totally agree Brad, when he has the ball it looks like something will happen, his defence was suspect but he was new, problem is for him: lyon, mattai, bell, williams, neumann are above him, he is 25/26 as well

Tim Browne from Souths, Souths fans really rated him, lots of potential, big kid, next year he could be a smoky, goalkicker as well!!!every game I have watched him he gets better and better, build like ian roberts, big and rangy, can get 2nd phase ball away like George

Kenny Edwards: from Keebra park: big things expected, aussie schoolboy at prop, this year he has played wing, lock, 2nd row and prop, quite interesting to watch, got the watmough type game, left handed side runner, who fends with the right and drives left and hard, lots of potential

Vic Mauro has never greatly impressed me from matts time onwards, just too small and not agile enough like glenn or choc, not sure where he fits in at manly??? with hargreaves, rose,edwards,  williams to come in

ordinary: koala, robson, deadwood,

offerdahl, what a massive disapointment, gun junior but doesn't get stuck in like junior days, his form has been poor for past season or so

Neumann, I have written for nearly 2 years on what does Des see in him???, I cannot remember him playing a standout game, ever!!!! he hasn't got much pace, defence is fine but to get a new 3 year contract, something Des sees

Meaney, too many injuries, lost that pace he had in juniors which had many people excited on his potential, he is safe, classy player but when someone with speed takes him on at fullback he cannot keep up, massive shame, he knows alot about the game, where to be etc, his speed is going to stop him making nrl  

robson has for many years been a pedestrian halfback, bit like jp cherry, they are just way too slow in passes, running etc robsons kicks are predictable, he has played PL for many years and he fills in the numbers

jack afa has never really recovered his form after his injuries and probably why parra let him go!! as we all see he cannot break the line in attack, hoping that maybe next year will be better, I did hear thta this year was his 1st full off season!!! not sure if he will get another contract

halden is solid but nothing else, nearly 27 sums it up, don't ever think he will play nrl unless loads of injuries

In my opinion as Brad says, PL, State cup lacks talent in all teams, very average footy made up mostly by guys who won't play 1st grade, I'm a big fan of Toyota cup as some of these kids will be the future, I'm not bothered by moorewood, robson, koala etc

Great write up guys. Always good to hear this stuff for the blokes that either can't get to games or the out of towners!! If someone could do a write up for the Toyota Cup it would be greatly appreciated too.

Cheers,

I actually drove past Brookie yesterday afternoon, I reckon saying there was 200 hundred there was a bit generous - thanks for the write up though.  I wonder if Big George will be retained next year with bryant going

tookey link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=177652.msg186965#msg186965 date=1213500571]
Heres my Toyoat cup write up.

We had the bye. :)

What's a Toyoat?    ;D
[/quote]

It's a smaller version of a ToyoatA :)

not since round 25 2006 against the dogs

we were only 215 short last year though

and 56 the year before

Cheers Darren. By the way, it's Dave, Bradley is my surname!
After seeing the game yesterday and looking at the table I think the standard of PL has really dropped off. The Sth Sydney bears are undefeated but that is only because they have two full PL teams - 1 in NRL and 1 in PL. I think this is a real fallout from the number of players going overseas. You have a number of players in NRL that should be in PL and a lot of average trundlers making up the numbers in PL.
I guess the couple of true fringe 1st graders have to be able to play somewhere.

I probably was overstating the crowd but 100 to 200, whatever.....

Trembath played yesterday and trundled also. Has some size but I noticed Deadwood more so that says it all.

The highlight for me was seeing George with my own eyes. He has definitely put in and with Bryant going I reckon the hard work will earn him another contract and gives us coverage for this season.

Trembath and offerdahl might take a few years to mature sufficiently to know whether they will make it or not.  It sems very much these days that the only young kids who can make it to firsts are the polynesian ones whi mature a lot earlier that the aussies. 

I hope that Manly are getting in with hoppa as he is trying to become the manager for the young polynesian kids to go to and help us sign the next Inu, Mateo or Williams.   

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4