NSW Cup News - Manly skipper relishing new role

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Newly crowned Sea Eagles VB NSW Cup captain David Williams admits he’s still getting used to his new role but says he is enjoying leading his side around in 2015.

The Manly colt hero has been impressive in the opening rounds of the competition, making the transition to fullback all while leading his beloved Sea Eagles.

Click here to read the full article and watch the video interview

Colt hero?

Yeah, I saw that too and knew that they meant 'cult hero'. Obviously there is no such thing as proof reading in the print media anymore and they just rely on spell check.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I wouldn't be suorised if he moves before June 30

Don't get me wrong, I love the Wolfman but he is seriously down the order these dayss

“David has been playing really well. I think it’s a real test of character when you have to come back through reserve grade. He certainly brings a lot of experience and leadership, which has been quite valuable for us,” Williamson said.

Commendable attitude by Captain Wolf :angel:
We don't have him slagging off Manly or debating whether to get out of his car to attend training etc, even though he has been dropped to reserves @:cool:

Wolfie certainly looked the part in that Rd 2 game we saw at Brookie. Scored 2, saved a couple and kicked every goal :)

:wolfface::party::balloon:

Blair is s... and lazy! He even sucks in NSW Cup so why he got the call up over Wolfman really does baffle me!!

Great to see Wolfman still making such a contribution!

To me it's the loss of these types of players that has affected rugby league in recent years. Typically we'd see a player like Wolfman up and move to the Super League. I do think Wolf's time as a regular first grader has come and gone (although I still think he's a valid option if needed), but there is so much he can still contribute to both the game and to the club.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7