NRLW format - what a joke

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
They really should have rethought the format and finals system.
5 rounds and they have a top 4 of 6

I just can't get my head around a team
That had a record of 1 and 4 could be the premiers. Granted fhe eels won their semi over the roosters. But really they had no place being in the same finals as team that had gone thru 5 and 0.

While the product has improved. The format is laughable at best.

That had a record of 1 and 4 could be the premiers. Granted fhe eels won their semi over the roosters. But really they had no place being in the same finals as team that had gone thru 5 and 0.

As they flesh it out with more teams, I’m sure those anomalies will start to disappear.

Was there a womens' competition being playing recently, who would have thought, what were the crowds at the games like?.

• 😆
Reactions: Ned
I have enjoyed the games as a spectacle and in a short time, the skill sets and general play has improved dramatically since NRLW started.
But the fact a team who has not won a game during the season, can win 1 game and make a GF, is a ridiculously dumb idea...
In fact, would have made more sense the top team is straight into the GF, whilst teams 2nd and 3rd play to see who makes the decider.
Anyways I think last season the Roosters won the comp after a similar scenario (I think)
The games have been entertaining so they got that right, but 100% agree with the thread, it's a poorly flawed process with this final series fiasco

Hard to make it last very long with only 5 teams. I agree it is not a good format but when they have more teams that should be rectified.

Hard when there is 6 teams...it'll sort itself out when the four new teams come in.

The league is growing nicely

So is a top 8 in the NRL ...

A similar thing happened earlier in the year.
Roosters got 4th spot after relying on results going their way in the last regular game of the season.
They shouldn't of been in the finals but won the comp.
I guess it was karma paying them back this time around.

There needs to be a minimum of 12 teams, preferably 17 with each NRL team fielding a woman's team, until then it's just a Mickey Mouse comp.

How are you going these days Maxta

Are you selling your soul for the extra Dollar$$$$ ?
Never prepared to sell my integrity for the mighty dollar, in fact if you follow a strong moral compass, you get the results and sleep well at night.....I would hope you follow a similar system Bozo ?

Never prepared to sell my integrity for the mighty dollar, in fact if you follow a strong moral compass, you get the results and sleep well at night.....I would hope you follow a similar system Bozo ?
Never doubted your Integrity my good feathered friend

As you know me by now I joke like Bozo the circus clown some times

God is always watching us and our sacred souls are in jeopardy if we do the wrong thing

See the source image

Top 5 was the go.....I think it's all about the extra $$$ from the NRL which is far more having 8 teams.
I don't think having a top 8 is about money, top 5 was fantastic when there were only 12 teams in the comp, and the minor premier received a distinct advantage, however with the addition of four new teams in 1988 they had a top five for a while, however fans were losing interest when they could see that their team had no chance of making the top five, a long way out of the finals series, and with the advent of another four teams in 1995 they decided to go with a final eight, as a final five would have been worse than the previous few years.
However now with just the current sixteen teams, we are rewarding teams for mediocrity as quite often a team can make the finals having lost more then what they have won, but it's all about keeping finals chances alive right up to the finals.

Tbh, it doesn't interest me.
A manufactured comp that whilst I understand the "need" for it doesn't necessarily mean it needs to be elevated above the State Championship on the GF day bill.

Just like the AFLW, there's a time and place for it ( I don't know where but not prime time ) but until they can have a meaningful comp - playing each team once when there is only six teams is not what I call a meaningful comp - with the skill sets to match I don't see why it's feted the way it is.

Tbh, it doesn't interest me.
A manufactured comp that whilst I understand the "need" for it doesn't necessarily mean it needs to be elevated above the State Championship on the GF day bill.

Just like the AFLW, there's a time and place for it ( I don't know where but not prime time ) but until they can have a meaningful comp - playing each team once when there is only six teams is not what I call a meaningful comp - with the skill sets to match I don't see why it's feted the way it is.
The reality is that the womens' comp is totally unsustainable on it's own, it's riding on the coat tails of the NRL, they're budgetting around $30 million a year for it whilst all forms of lower grade rugby league is grossly underfunded, and this is the lifeblood of the NRL, I doubt that any women would ever progress to the NRL.
We used to have a good First Grade, Reserve Grade, and President's Cup competition in the past, you could see the players who didn't make the first grade squad and see how they're progressing, whereas nowadays the supposed reserve grade, The State Cup, looks more like a pub team comp.
Is there a need to have a men's netball competition?, not likely.

The reality is that the womens' comp is totally unsustainable on it's own, it's riding on the coat tails of the NRL, they're budgetting around $30 million a year for it whilst all forms of lower grade rugby league is grossly underfunded, and this is the lifeblood of the NRL, I doubt that any women would ever progress to the NRL.
We used to have a good First Grade, Reserve Grade, and President's Cup competition in the past, you could see the players who didn't make the first grade squad and see how they're progressing, whereas nowadays the supposed reserve grade, The State Cup, looks more like a pub team comp.
Is there a need to have a men's netball competition?, not likely.

Random thoughts .. Just on cost ... it has been stated that women's participation is the fastest growing demographic of Rugby League ...and In my opinion it is also the fastest growing income stream of the NRL .. and this is borne out not just by player registration numbers ... but even a cursory glance at any NRL game will show you the numbers of women at the games has grown exponentially ..

And everyone is wearing a club jersey, scarf and cap .and paying admission .. and watch their team on telly ... which is even more important to the NRL ..

That 30 million you mention is in my opinion simply the cost of attracting more women to rugby league as members, spectators, players and importantly consumers ... they are 50% of the population and control many a household purse strings ...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2