NRL's Traditional Games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle66

Bencher
The NRL's marketing have deemed to name certain games as traditional affairs. My gripe is today's St George Illawarra versus Sydney. Nothing much traditional in those names if we want to be hard about it. What really gets at me is that these teams never played each other every year on Anzac Day. The game was the tradition for Anzac Day, not two specific teams.
On another note, I enjoyed the Bulldogs loss last night BUT, why wasn't that game on today to mark Canterbury's first game in the competition on Anzac Day in 1935? I bet if there was a significant Easts or Souths game, we would have been punished with it over the last few years.
I'm all for the NRL Marketing to pump up the game, but they lose a lot of supporters with their selective choices. Like shifting Brisbane's home game to a Sunday for Darren Lockyer's last match but Steve Menzies copped a Monday night.
I still shake my head over the Battle of Brooky. Manly were fined for bringing the game into disrepute and the NRL, Daily Telegraph and Channel 9 used for their own marketing for the remainder of the year and into the following year.
Well, that's my gripe for the day, bring on the Storm!

Very right eagle66.
This is exactly the problem with the game and the way it's run.

This is the question i've wanted answered for a long time.
Have Manly ever asked the NRL why this happens? If so, why can't they share the answer with the fans? If not, why not? We're losing fans over this selective treatment. If certain teams are favoured, and it is known to be the case by the clubs, why isn't it used as a marketing ploy?
Why don't Manly use this to promote themselves? They could make the most of a bad situation. If we don't use this angle, the Bulldogs, Sharks or another club that seems to get the wrong end of the stick will use it and steal our thunder.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6