NRL360 Tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The cap is just a silly joke that is plasticized and enforced when the NRL have no other choice.

The NRL are so helpless and at the mercy of the financial powers of the game they are not brave enough to even try to make it fair.

The heads of the NRL just spin rhetoric and make knee jerk reactions.

I'm tired for certain clubs getting favorable treatment such as Souths with Burgess and Inglis, the Roosters being allowed to play a player not yet 18 years of age, Parramatta being allowed to sign Hayne for 500K when he was on a million dollar contract at the Titans etc. Whilst we weren't allowed to sign Glen Stewart on a reduced contract nor medically retire Brett Stewart and Steve Matai. The hypocrisy is mind numbing.

People will stop watching and the AFL will flourish. The NRL is following the footsteps of the ARU and eventually will be struggling to get a streaming service interested in investing money into broadcasting rights.

These people forget that viewers love a contest, a struggle and an outcome that is achieved by brilliant football and not repeat sets and incorrect refereeing calls and not watching 4 of 5 advantaged sides belt everybody else.

The commentators will talk the game up as much as they can because after all their ongoing livelihood depends on the success of the game. So the theatre by the commentators does little to change what is really happening.

Agree. We are no different in that most clubs have 3-4 players on mega bucks. Our problem is we are just woefully out of form and down in confidence.
And out of our top 30,
4 can't get on the field (turbo, fainu, davey, lawton)
3 aren't seemingly ready for 1st grade (burbo, koula, tuipulotu)
2 are completely passed it (taufua, foran)
5 are not good enough to play 1st grade both athletic-wise nor skill-wise (Croker, Parker, Boyle, Gosiewski, Garrick)
4 are miserably out of form (DCE, Taupau, Jake, Suli)
3 are never selected (Harper, Funa, Sipley)
2 are playing out of position (Walker,Schuster)
2 more injured (Siro,Gauc)

Not even close to enough fit and healthy, in-form genuine 1st-graders left to fill the starting 17. Yes we are out of form and down in confidence, but the team that runs out every week is not a team of professionals but a complete rabble of individuals. A bunch of guys completely out of sync with each other, completely unfit and ill=prepared for the faster game. They are an embarrassment to the MWSE club, and you can't help but wonder what the hell have they been doing all off-season??

Last edited:
I have always thought about how they managed to keep Smith on the field for 80mins over all those years and games, he was never injured, Slater and Cronk had moments of injury but were never chronically hampered yet every other club even the Roosters have had injuries and long periods without star players. QLD's years of dominance were mostly through the fact that all of those key players were always available for origin which kept continuity. Injuries to key spine players can destroy a team and I honestly believe it is what has hampered us for many years.
We have DCE who is very rarely injured and while he plays similar in that he avoids injuries by avoiding the line with any intensity, he can not read the game like smith did

Thurston was a freak , he got bashed

But crafting a game rather than needing to out enthuse , out muscle and out bash opponents has a major impact on the players who line up weekly.

Game management is king

Its also well documented that injuries hapoen under fatigue . So having a good kicking game to gain field position is preservation. We are as dumb as duck poo as team and require effort plays at all times to compete and our injuries reflect our lack of brains. We would score an F on game management for many years now

They are not real bright but can lift heavy things is how the old saying goes.

And out of our top 30,
4 can't get on the field (turbo, fainu, davey, lawton)
3 aren't seemingly ready for 1st grade (burbo, koula, tuipulotu)
2 are completely passed it (taufua, foran)
5 are not good enough to play 1st grade both athletic-wise nor skill-wise (Croker, Parker, Boyle, Gosiewski, Garrick)
4 are miserably out of form (DCE, Taupau, Jake, Suli)
3 are never selected (Harper, Funa, Sipley)
2 are playing out of position (Walker,Schuster)
2 more injured (Siro,Gauc)

Not even close to enough fit and healthy, in-form genuine 1st-graders left to fill the starting 17. Yes we are out of form and down in confidence, but the team that runs out every week is not a team of professionals but a complete rabble of individuals. A bunch of guys completely out of sync with each other, completely unfit and ill=prepared for the faster game. They are an embarrassment to the MWSE club, and you can't help but wonder what the hell have they been doing all off-season??
Great post.:cool:

We have DCE who is very rarely injured and while he plays similar in that he avoids injuries by avoiding the line with any intensity, he can not read the game like smith did

Thurston was a freak , he got bashed

But crafting a game rather than needing to out enthuse , out muscle and out bash opponents has a major impact on the players who line up weekly.

Game management is king

Its also well documented that injuries hapoen under fatigue . So having a good kicking game to gain field position is preservation. We are as dumb as duck poo as team and require effort plays at all times to compete and our injuries reflect our lack of brains. We would score an F on game management for many years now

They are not real bright but can lift heavy things is how the old saying goes.
Great summation

right now we are reaping what was sowed in June 2015. The Manly culture that we all loved, respected, worshipped has been replaced by ..... what exactly? I can't even really identify it as being Manly anymore.
In one word...GREED!

Yep we are reaping what we sowed and sadly, until it's removed, the Manly culture is just a fond memory.

We have half a dozen in the 17 who are not even close to being first graders under new rules

Best player rarely plays

Players are over coached, which has always been a Des trait. It works with a team full of football champions with smarts like our halcyon years. It is a disaster when the team has little football nouse and a captain who panics.As Canterbury lost its better players same thing happened.

And they also overcoached with a 2019 strategy.

The result is where we are now.

We have half a dozen in the 17 who are not even close to being first graders under new rules

Best player rarely plays

Players are over coached, which has always been a Des trait. It works with a team full of football champions with smarts like our halcyon years. It is a disaster when the team has little football nouse and a captain who panics.As Canterbury lost its better players same thing happened.

And they also overcoached with a 2019 strategy.

The result is where we are now.
Can you medically retire a coach??

Since 2015, Des' record is evidence enough that he should be enjoying his retirement

Ben and Shane Walker for 2022, and let's speed up this re-build

The beginning of the end of our golden era can be traced back to June 3rd 2015. The signing of DCE on an 8 year contract on that day, is when our clubs culture "formally" began its decline to the debacle level that we are experiencing today. Yes there were other significant moments before that i.e. dressing room split between senior players and hmmm DCE (primarily), key senior players not being rewarded for their loyalty with new contracts.... Yep DCE figured in that as well.
There is a lot more as we all know BUT right now we are reaping what was sowed in June 2015. The Manly culture that we all loved, respected, worshipped has been replaced by ..... what exactly? I can't even really identify it as being Manly anymore. Such is life I guess but unfortunately I can't see it changing anytime soon.
The culture of me,me,me what's in it for me not what can I do to make my team mates and club better.

If your race car was continually being lapped you'd fix it and try to make it faster and more competitive. You wouldn't just turn up with the same car at every race and expect to win would you? Otherwise some suspicious type might think you're trying to convince the owner of the race team to buy a new car.

The cap is just a silly joke that is plasticized and enforced when the NRL have no other choice.

The NRL are so helpless and at the mercy of the financial powers of the game they are not brave enough to even try to make it fair.

The heads of the NRL just spin rhetoric and make knee jerk reactions.

I'm tired for certain clubs getting favorable treatment such as Souths with Burgess and Inglis, the Roosters being allowed to play a player not yet 18 years of age, Parramatta being allowed to sign Hayne for 500K when he was on a million dollar contract at the Titans etc. Whilst we weren't allowed to sign Glen Stewart on a reduced contract nor medically retire Brett Stewart and Steve Matai. The hypocrisy is mind numbing.

People will stop watching and the AFL will flourish. The NRL is following the footsteps of the ARU and eventually will be struggling to get a streaming service interested in investing money into broadcasting rights.

These people forget that viewers love a contest, a struggle and an outcome that is achieved by brilliant football and not repeat sets and incorrect refereeing calls and not watching 4 of 5 advantaged sides belt everybody else.

The commentators will talk the game up as much as they can because after all their ongoing livelihood depends on the success of the game. So the theatre by the commentators does little to change what is really happening.
Yep and quoting Hooper or Slothfield to support your argument unless you have some facts to back it up is essentially pointless because with many stories... they haven't researched - they are just throwing the story out there for ratings

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4