NRL360 Tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They all seem to follow the same narrative that our cap is so out of whack because of DCE, Turbo and Jake. Have a look at Newcastle Ponga 1mil, Pearce 900K, Klemmer, Frizell, Best, all on big money, but no one ever says Knights cap is out of whack. Every team more or less has about 4 massive contracts and the rest are adjusted around them. Obviously Roosters and Storm. Titans have Ash Taylor on 1mil, David Fafita, Proctor, Tino Fmaway, Wallace and now Brimson will be looking for an upgrade. Why do they think Manly is so different? I know DCE gets 200k more than some of the marquee players but surely 200k is not causing all these so called cap imbalances. My guess is that we pay too much for the rubbish players.
It truly is mystifying. There are a bunch of clubs with more stars on huge contracts than us. But these muppets never speak a word of it.

Tough road ahead by Michael Ennis

This is Des Hasler’s greatest challenge as an NRL coach.

When Des has won premierships, made grand finals and had great success, it’s been on the back of wonderful forward packs.

The most glaring problems for Manly are having no strike from dummy-half, little resolve in defence and high profile players out of form.

The decision to let Addin Fonua-Blake go was clearly an error as was the call to take the punt on not having a recognised No.9.

How Des gets Manly out of the hole they’re currently in will take all of his resolve as an NRL head coach.

Good article by Ennis

We might be a little short in the size of our roster
But as they say it is not the size of the dog in the fight . It is the fight in the dog that makes a competitive team

Our Manly Sea eagles have to rise above their long slump
I hope Des can refocus and start to restore the Manly passion and reignite, Manly resience back in all his players and show us that he is not just an ordinary coach but a Great coach once again

Last edited:
It truly is mystifying. There are a bunch of clubs with more stars on huge contracts than us. But these muppets never speak a word of it.
If we looked capable of winning a game of footy, they wouldn't be speaking about us either. When you're losing as badly and as consistently as we are, everybody piles on.

Perspective time

No one gets results by pointing their finger at others

Every one gets results by pulling their finger out and try to do things better than others

At the end of the day we are judged and Accountable for what we do
And our success is the result of how we do things

The only Muppets are us Manly Muppets who should do things a lot better

The sooner we realise this the sooner we make progress

Interesting bit on last night about expansion

10 current clubs pooled funds to commission its own idependant report on wether they thought expansion was viable. Apparentley the report is due in june

Agree. We are no different in that most clubs have 3-4 players on mega bucks. Our problem is we are just woefully out of form and down in confidence.
Our problem is that one of our big 3 only played 7 games last year, and zero this year. Which probably has a lot to do with our miserable form and lack of confidence. Clearly not the only issue (back-up hooker and FB) but a pretty major issue nonetheless.

Wonder how Storm kept their 'big 3' on the field, they missed so few games over the years, to me that was always one of the most impressive - and mysterious - aspects of their long run of success.

I can't imagine another marquee player being as important to a club as Turbo is to Manly. Without him our attack is insipid. With him we put points on the board.
Top notch players such as Tedesco, Munster, Latrine, Gutherson, Cleary are at clubs which would be able to cope with their absence a lot better than we do sans Turbo.
Perhaps Tomoloolooloo is as important to the 'Boys; he's the only one I can think of.

Our problem is that one of our big 3 only played 7 games last year, and zero this year. Which probably has a lot to do with our miserable form and lack of confidence. Clearly not the only issue (back-up hooker and FB) but a pretty major issue nonetheless.

Wonder how Storm kept their 'big 3' on the field, they missed so few games over the years, to me that was always one of the most impressive - and mysterious - aspects of their long run of success.
I have always thought about how they managed to keep Smith on the field for 80mins over all those years and games, he was never injured, Slater and Cronk had moments of injury but were never chronically hampered yet every other club even the Roosters have had injuries and long periods without star players. QLD's years of dominance were mostly through the fact that all of those key players were always available for origin which kept continuity. Injuries to key spine players can destroy a team and I honestly believe it is what has hampered us for many years.

They all seem to follow the same narrative that our cap is so out of whack because of DCE, Turbo and Jake. Have a look at Newcastle Ponga 1mil, Pearce 900K, Klemmer, Frizell, Best, all on big money, but no one ever says Knights cap is out of whack. Every team more or less has about 4 massive contracts and the rest are adjusted around them. Obviously Roosters and Storm. Titans have Ash Taylor on 1mil, David Fafita, Proctor, Tino Fmaway, Wallace and now Brimson will be looking for an upgrade. Why do they think Manly is so different? I know DCE gets 200k more than some of the marquee players but surely 200k is not causing all these so called cap imbalances. My guess is that we pay too much for the rubbish players.
I’ve thought the same thing. However that $250k in dces wage I’d think goes a long way in upgrading one or two players. Then look at it over how many years dce contract is and it adds up. I’m not a dce basher at all just pointing out that extra cash over the mil has an impact. Isn’t Ponga on more than a mil?

All im reading is what we have been saying for ages... they definitely come to ST for the latest scoops from us couch coaches
Um yes... just wondering what new revelations came out? Also this forum makes me laugh - generally people on here are slamming Hooper and Kent and Rothfield because they have no idea and they are morons bla bla bla.... but as soon as they espouse a view that aligns with the views of the majority of people on this forum all of a sudden there is a great rupture of applause and they suddenly know what they are talking about. So they are morons.... 99% of the time but totally accurate at the moment with their Manly views??? Bahahahahahaha. When any one of them discusses how the game changed suddenly at the end of 2019 and during 2020 (they kept changing rules continually and are even changing rules now) and explains our contract situation where we were caught with pre 2020 game style players on contracts that didn't expire till the end of this year and really do a proper analysis... then just maybe they have some idea as might some of the posters on here. But yes I am loving how the Journos who had no idea and were halfwits... suddenly now have every idea lol lol lol. Yawnnnnnnnnnn

Agree. We are no different in that most clubs have 3-4 players on mega bucks. Our problem is we are just woefully out of form and down in confidence.
Yes all this rubbish of our cap is out of whack - what absolute tripe. Name me one club... any club that any of us would think doesn't have at least 3 players on $900k/$1 million? Now many of the sombrero clubs might have third party deals that reduce those contracts to say $600k on the salary cap but the contract is still $900 to $1million. Anyone trotting out this garbage that our cap is out of whack seriously has not a shred of credibility including the Journos who are bagging Manly at the moment. The line that we need to get rid of our big three and sign players at lesser amounts is just an absolute giggle. That relies on the assumption that there are real quality players out there who would want/take less, who are available right at the time we offload one or more of the big three and then actually want to come to Manly. It also relies on the fact that we can just tear up a contract and decide not to pay the big three. Even if we offloaded them... we would be paying a heap of their contract to the new club... all money on our salary cap. DCE will be gone at the end of 2022 to the new Brisbane franchise and hopefully Turbo's hammy comes good and Jake gets some quality players and defenders around his all heart efforts. And in any case..... just which posters on here have an inside accurate knowledge of what every player is getting and who is getting third party deals and what amounts are included as third party offsets?????? Zero zip nada including me. We are all speculating on something we have no much idea about including how the Salary Cap really works.

Last edited:
(raises hand)
"I know, i know, i know"
"Its a trick question, the salary cap doesn't work!"
yes.... I agree not the way it is constructed where the Morris boys are on $200k or something each and that $200k might be being paid for by third parties anyway! Until every player is assigned an independent value and each club has x amount of money or points to use and can buy whatever players they want but the values/money cannot exceed the Salary Cap limit and when this third party nonsense is removed then it doesn't work fairly that is for sure.

yes.... I agree not the way it is constructed where the Morris boys are on $200k or something each and that $200k might be being paid for by third parties anyway! Until every player is assigned an independent value and each club has x amount of money or points to use and can buy whatever players they want but the values/money cannot exceed the Salary Cap limit and when this third party nonsense is removed then it doesn't work fairly that is for sure.
Could not agree more bud

They had that sort of thing under Gallup. That's why we couldn't offer Glenn Stewart a contract extension and that was the beginning of the end of our golden era.

They had that sort of thing under Gallup. That's why we couldn't offer Glenn Stewart a contract extension and that was the beginning of the end of our golden era.
The beginning of the end of our golden era can be traced back to June 3rd 2015. The signing of DCE on an 8 year contract on that day, is when our clubs culture "formally" began its decline to the debacle level that we are experiencing today. Yes there were other significant moments before that i.e. dressing room split between senior players and hmmm DCE (primarily), key senior players not being rewarded for their loyalty with new contracts.... Yep DCE figured in that as well.
There is a lot more as we all know BUT right now we are reaping what was sowed in June 2015. The Manly culture that we all loved, respected, worshipped has been replaced by ..... what exactly? I can't even really identify it as being Manly anymore. Such is life I guess but unfortunately I can't see it changing anytime soon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4