NRL won't register Snake's contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hamster Huey said:
Even if Kite had a back-ended contract of $400,000 this year, I'd doubt the Tigers would take on that whole contract. No point offloading him, only to be paying half his contract still while he's running around in Tigers colours, leaving us still to find more savings under the Cap.

I'm told this year we are paying part contracts for 2 former players who arent here this year.

Also told the club expected Wolfie to leave, but when the ESL contract he was chasing fell through, he exercised the option to stay. This would be why the announcement of snakes' resigning was delayed and protracted.

The club needs another moderately paid player to leave as well as Kite.

What is even more incredible is that we made T-Rex a big offer to stay. Go Figure that.We must have been letting Snake go if he had accepted the offer.

I kept on posting back in the Mega Foran Forum, " Do the sums, we can not afford to sign both Foran and DCE withing the cap"

But we did.

We have got a pretty good roster when you look at it, so I'm not surprised it's a difficult proposition to fit them all in the cap. We might be a bit light on for front rowers next year if Kite goes with Lussick and George maybe on the outer. Seems strange we signed Fa'aoso though, Knights must be picking up some of the tab on him next year are they ?

globaleagle said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Attn Global - fix the cap problem once and for all.

Err, ok I'll see what I can do!

salary_cap_medium.gif

I'm pretty confident Snake will be here next year. Also there will be some other player or players let go. Now if it's possibly Kite and Rose maybe Wolfman then they will be big losses but necessary ones. As sad as it is to lose them as well as those already confirmed, I will be happy that we've maintained our spine and key players.

It's a business and tough decisions must be made. By keeping the spine intact especially
the young halves was essential for the future. I think apart from T Rex and quite possibly
Kitey and Wolfman we will able to replace the
players where losing reasonably well.

When I look at next years possible team it is still a formidable team. While the forward
pack will be getting a overhaul, there is still enough experience in it. Also the young forwards like Sao and Chee Kam etc know they have opportunities to secure spots. The backline will remain the same barring
Wolfmans wing who will be filled by another one of our young backs.

So I'm still confident this team is still a contender for the upcoming seasons. But yes I must say, I never want to see this
organization tainted like other certain teams
who have cheated the salary cap. At the end of the day we just have to do what we have to do to keeps things legit and maintain a premiership winning caliber team.

bob dylan said:
EagleNEST said:
bob dylan said:
Kitey's gone from all reports I hear.

Once that is formalised Brett's contract will be sweet.

You seem confident in Manly's adminstration?

Not sure why.

Just to mention a few things.

The Re-signing of Kaspersky, and players like DCE, Foran, Ballin, Brett, Matai etc etc

Not to mention the successful members drive at the height of the Des saga which will surely be more successful this year.

More to the point, why do you believe they are not up to it?

Are you confusing the football club staff with the football club board?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4