NRL & The Voice

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Libs have freedom to vote which ever way they wish, and say what they want.

Some Labor members might hate it but wouldn’t dare say it out aloud.
If you call freedom having to quit the front bench and taking a paycut and go to the backbench freedom then yes they are free.

PS a bunch of them have.

It should be a situation where each politician can decide whichever way they want , it shouldn’t be political.

My point was more about the 2 Liberals in the WA Parliament and how it would be a squabble between the 2 elected members.

Apparently the Parliamentary vehicle offered by McGowan to ecsort Libs to and from Parliament was a motor bike with a side car.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by MOODMAN

The Voice is a political point scoring propaganda from the Prime Minister

The fact is
In our Democratic country every prime minister hears every persons voice and they all know where we stand but they keep failing their people

Our current constitution (I believe) says that all Australians shall be treated equally ... how even the smallest, even well intentioned change to this can be a good thing escapes me.
It's only a footy forum but even so, shamelessly spreading stuff like this is pretty irresponsible.
The constitution says that does, it?

Have you even ever read it????? Lol . fyi - it's not a bill of rights.

That's the first point.

The second is you pushing this idea that the constitution should not be changed even in the smallest way. WTF???

The australian Constitution is not some perfect document handed down by God via Moses to Edmund Barton. It's notoriously and ridiculously hard to change which explains why it still includes some awful provisions, unsurprising as it was a product of late 19th century ideology. The world and this place was an awful lot different back then

for one thing it intentionally limits commonwealth powers in order to preserve the greater power of the states - simply because of the self-interest of the colonies back in the 1890s when it was drafted. The resulting cross-over and duplication of bureaucracy in many areas including health & education literally wastes billions of dollars every year.

There's bugger all about government, or even a head of state or parties etc, but plenty of stuff about the King and the GG. It ignores the original inhabitants and defers to the UK instead of sourcing power and authority from its people, as most countries do.

And as noted, it has no bill of rights or indeed any set limits on govt powers to protect human rights. Possibly the only advanced democratic country without this!

So anyhow, I haven't weighed in on the merits of the Voice, but felt obliged to correct your fictions that the constitution ensures we're treated equally, and that it can't be a good thing to make even the smallest changes to it. On the contrary it should be scrapped and re-done from scratch.

Ok. Carry on :)

It's only a footy forum but even so, shamelessly spreading stuff like this is pretty irresponsible.
The constitution says that does, it?

Have you even ever read it????? Lol . fyi - it's not a bill of rights.

That's the first point.

The second is you pushing this idea that the constitution should not be changed even in the smallest way. WTF???

The australian Constitution is not some perfect document handed down by God via Moses to Edmund Barton. It's notoriously and ridiculously hard to change which explains why it still includes some awful provisions, unsurprising as it was a product of late 19th century ideology. The world and this place was an awful lot different back then

for one thing it intentionally limits commonwealth powers in order to preserve the greater power of the states - simply because of the self-interest of the colonies back in the 1890s when it was drafted. The resulting cross-over and duplication of bureaucracy in many areas including health & education literally wastes billions of dollars every year.

There's bugger all about government, or even a head of state or parties etc, but plenty of stuff about the King and the GG. It ignores the original inhabitants and defers to the UK instead of sourcing power and authority from its people, as most countries do.

And as noted, it has no bill of rights or indeed any set limits on govt powers to protect human rights. Possibly the only advanced democratic country without this!

So anyhow, I haven't weighed in on the merits of the Voice, but felt obliged to correct your fictions that the constitution ensures we're treated equally, and that it can't be a good thing to make even the smallest changes to it. On the contrary it should be scrapped and re-done from scratch.

Ok. Carry on :)
Does the current constitution say that persons of certain race should have more power/voice/votes than anyone else?

Does the constitution even mention race at all???

Does the current constitution say that persons of certain race should have more power/voice/votes than anyone else?

Does the constitution even mention race at all???
I could answer that but .... Why on earth would you ask me what the australian constitution says? Or as in woodsie's case, tell us all what you assume it says?
Lol
How about reading the bloody thing!
After all, it is our constitution!
And plenty here seem to imply it is somehow sacred.
I wonder how many here have never read it?
Might be worth taking a peak at it! @:D

“True change comes through listening, learning and taking action – and we encourage everyone in the rugby league community to get informed by the facts, and use their voice, so that we can move forward together,” a spokesperson said.
The more facts that I find, the more I realise this has the makings of a clusterfuuck of epic proportions.

Another week, another list as long as your arm of misinformation and deception from the ‘yes’ campaign.

But the closer we get to referendum day, the harder it is for them to hide behind the lie that this is just a “modest request”.

Albo has promised a package deal, and the divisive Voice is just the first stage.

Next come the treaties.

On Monday, news broke that already each of the treaties planned by state governments will cost you, the taxpayer, hundreds of millions of dollars.

The national treaty foisted on us by the Voice will be on a massive scale and cost billions.

Are they being up-front about that? Of course not.

Voice architect Tom Calma said the focus of Australians should “remain on the Voice”.

“Let’s get the referendum out of the way then focus on agreement making,” he told The Australian1.

And these people have the bare-faced audacity to accuse you and me of misinformation!

Take a look at the “debunking” of our arguments from Thomas Mayo, a member of Albo’s referendum group and a long-time Union and Labor Party activist2.

According to Mayo, it’s a “myth” that Indigenous people already have a Voice because there are 11 Indigenous members of Federal Parliament – including me!

Mayo reckons that doesn’t count because we represent electorates of all Australians and not Indigenous people specifically.

To state the obvious: that’s how democracy works, mate!

But our argument isn’t just about 11 Indigenous MPs, it’s also about the 300 other Indigenous representative bodies.

It’s about the National Indigenous Australians Agency which says it exists “to ensure Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples have a say in the decisions that affect them”.

It’s about the so-called Coalition of Peaks, which signed the COAG Closing the Gap agreement in 2019 as is “made up of over 80 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community-controlled peak and member organisations across Australia”.

Many of those are elected by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.

They don’t count, according to Mayo, who conveniently doesn’t mention them.

He reckons the Voice isn’t dividing Indigenous people, because most of them support it (according to their polling).

Oh really? So I don’t count? So the hundreds of thousands of Indigenous Australians who oppose the divisive Voice don’t count?

So the families who walked out of the Uluru convention don’t count?

The Aboriginal Australians in remote communities who oppose the divisive Voice or who can’t be polled and don’t really know about the Voice don’t count?

This is why the Voice is so divisive and dangerous.

And it’s not divisive to point this out. It’s just a fact.

Mayo, in an effort to debunk ‘myths’, legitimises every criticism I have of the Voice.

It’s divisive, it’s dangerous, it’s a threat to our system of Government.

The pro-Voice activists know that’s the whole reason for the Voice.

And they’re determined to hide it from you.

Yours in unity,

GXBSyKtssWxO0CCoDjuwnwFbs42Nqm2FN8ZWTvgV1ISt3a8RW7c2aDBcWUvjqFmmubpv04eB2c-40XUROcObMEhuLEWKHhSellqoJUC20HDiVOYv4A8NXBIZvAlw6gOkn3ZwKFiIs-KJBq8snQvWx8jA-ruziALTB-YEseViJ0-RFgop0-1M=s0-d-e1-ft
Senator Jacinta Nampijinpa Price
on behalf of FAIR AUSTRALIA

1 The Australian, ‘Treaty settlements could cost hundreds of millions and depend on size of massacres’, May 15, 2023.
2 Kalgoorlie Miner, ‘Voice myths debunked: Thomas Mayo’, May 13, 2023.

The sports bodies who don't get a vote, giving advice to the people who can vote. How dumbed down do the political powers think society has become. Advice on the national constitution law from a footy code. I'd like to see the NRL and AFL try rocking up to the polling booth. They won't find their names on the electoral roll.

@Mark from Brisbane i was just reading an article in AFR. A poll last week shows support slipping, and as you said here, is now reflecting its split along party lines.

Yet again your knowledge is only exceeded by your good looks.

@Mark from Brisbane i was just reading an article in AFR. A poll last week shows support slipping, and as you said here, is now reflecting its split along party lines.

Yet again your knowledge is only exceeded by your good looks.
I wouldn’t vote yes or no on party lines , if I thought it would fix the navy issues I’d wholeheartedly vote yes , but I don’t , so it’s a no from me.

Absolutely no issues with indigenous recognition in the constitution.

But “ the Voice “ and powers they might have are just plain scary.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6