NRL teams training facilities.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Give me some rope here i will get to the point eventually. I hope.
So we now have our centre of excellence at Brookie which is great. However given we train in Narrabeen how useful is it really? Some other sides have pretty slick high performance centres which seem to be located at their traing grounds.

What got me thinking about this was I went to film at the Titans yesterday and I was blown away by their lack of decent facilities. They currently appear to train out of the Parkwood golf club leisure facility. These is 1 full sized league field from what I could see and they look to share the members/public heath club and pool.

I filmed an open session then a press conference and when leaving almost pissed myself seeing 25+ NRL animals crowded into 2 large recovery spas right next to 20 under 5's doing swimming lessons and some grey grannies doing aqua aerobics.

I guess I had assumed a 1 town team such as the titans would have had a lot better facilities for their superstars.

I may have missed something and perhaps they have something in the pipeline???

Seeing they are still going to train at Narrabeen .... so all the coaching and fitness staff etc will be there every day ...

Is this centre of excellence just nice offices for the marketing dept ??

The 3000 seat stand should be nice though ... some new toilets ...

Posted this in 2018 ... I confess I don't know how much usage the team gets from it ... I guess rehab etc .. But I notice on game day they still run out from under the Jane Try stand ... so where is the home team changeroom located ?

I think that Narrabeen has some advantages over almost all other Sydney NRL training centres. It has plenty of space, several football grounds, an adjacent athletics field, on a lake suitable for aquatic activities, an indoor pool, a weights room... Yes, some of the facilities are dated, but it has an unmatched bucolic feel. Best of all it is within minutes of Sydney's finest beaches. There are only a few other clubs with training ground close to a beach, or away from an urban environment.
If the boys all want to jump into a spa bath together then they will have to go the the Centre of Excellence. But I call 'rubbish' on anyway suggesting that our training set-up is not up to par.

I think that Narrabeen has some advantages over almost all other Sydney NRL training centres. It has plenty of space, several football grounds, an adjacent athletics field, on a lake suitable for aquatic activities, an indoor pool, a weights room... Yes, some of the facilities are dated, but it has an unmatched bucolic feel. Best of all it is within minutes of Sydney's finest beaches. There are only a few other clubs with training ground close to a beach, or away from an urban environment.
If the boys all want to jump into a spa bath together then they will have to go the the Centre of Excellence. But I call 'rubbish' on anyway suggesting that our training set-up is not up to par.

I don't think anybody was questioning the standard of faculties ... just asking how much usage and value is being gotten by the team from the new COE ..

Gold Coast had one of the original state of the art facilities. But in true Rugby League fashion....

Very strange. Perhaps they just never built it in coomera? Their logo is plastered all over the parkwood leisure centre so it looks like that's where they train..

Perhaps they will start using the new changing rooms this year?
Yeah, at a game last season (in a sponsor's box), I did hear that Des - for reasons best known only to himself - refused to let the players use the fancy new changing rooms, and I wonder if he was also reluctant to use the other CoE facilities.

Seibold, however, strikes me as the kind of coach who likes shiny new things and is willing to embrace change.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4