NRL team of the week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Monaghan and Stewart have made the sportsnews.com team of the week.

It's been a while since Manly have had a player on that team.

I'll bet Haig had a laugh at my expense as he included Monaghan in the line-up. :twisted:

http://www.sportsnews.com.au/content.php?article.101

i think we are just going a little overboard with Monaghs, again his performance was great in comparison to what we are used to. Much like Chadleys.

I think he gets man of the match at Nine a bit purely because of circumstances and the great theatre it produces, under pressure etc as with the Roosters game, he was far from man of the match there.

Radio gave it to stewart incedently, while Monaghs was good, would have Joey/Barrett/Braith/Fittler/Orford won man of the match awards on that performance.

More than likely they would have copped, "quiet or solid game, but kicked a great field goal"

Just my opinion, placing flak jacket on NOW ! fire at will!

Menzies made it too. Thats a strong team.
From Sportsnews

7 - Michael Monaghan (Sea Eagles)
Just edges the great Andrew Johns for the halfback's role in the TOTW after his match-winning performance for Manly that included a 37-metre field goal, which proved to decide the destination for the two competition points against Brisbane.

11 - Steven Menzies (Sea Eagles)
Always pointed the way forward for Manly, running the ball outstandingly and defending brilliantly, defusing many potential dangerous situations with 28 tackles.

14 - Brett Stewart (Sea Eagles)
Scored the all-important try handing Manly the lead for the first time, and was as safe as a bank in a difficult game for a fullback. Made several try-saving tackles and key plays in his side's one-point win.

pepsi - i would say yes they would have

all based on the field goal - gould would have shot his load 3 times and used the word genious 10 times

Interesting to read what Sportsnews.com's "The Realist" has to say about Phil Gould this week.........

Me, like him? I despise him, particularly as he tends to plagiarise my style.

I'm told that it's an alter-ego of Haig's. Fairly squallid in it unoriginalness.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4