NRL star's trial seeks bald facts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader

A SYDNEY man made a comment about former rugby league test star Ben Kennedy's bald head shortly before being headbutted by the Manly player's teammate Steve Matai, a court was told today.

Matai, 22, has pleaded not guilty to one count of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

Joseph Nasser, 31, told Downing Centre Local Court that Matai followed him into the Surf Rock Hotel at Collaroy on Sydney's northern beaches at about 11.50pm on June 10 last year.

Mr Nasser said Matai grabbed him on the shoulder minutes after he entered the club.

"He said: 'Who the f*** are you gunna slap up?'," Mr Nasser told the court.

He said Matai then headbutted his face and split his nose.

The Manly football fan said the altercation came minutes after he spotted Matai, Kennedy, who has since retired from the sport, and another Manly player, Michael Monaghan, outside the club.

When security guards asked him to remove his beanie before entering the club, Mr Nasser said he made a comment about Kennedy's shaved head.

"I said: 'Now I have a hair cut like that'," Mr Nasser said.

But during cross-examination by Matai's lawyer Mr Nasser said he could not explain what he meant by the comment, considering he had a full head of hair at the time.

He later said it was sarcastic remark but denied calling Kennedy a "bald c***" outside the club.

Mr Nasser rejected suggestions he deliberately delayed reporting the matter to police until after a request for compensation was rejected by the Manly football club.

The hearing continues.

At first I thought this might have been about Michael Robertson.

from what i have heard and could be well be wrong choc is involved in a custody battle, i think everyone knows the sort of **** that get's flung in a court room through these one's, a load of crap if you ask me.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6