NRL square up/compo for GF?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

cava2323

Reserve Grader
We certainly got the rub of the green. Is that meant to appease us? Bring Hayne down to Brooky, that will be therapeutic.

Chooks copped what we normally get week in week out.

Yeah the penalty cont was definetly in our favour, but they weren't soft penalties.

It was nice to finally be on the winning side of the penalty count.

Still think maria should have been sent off.

There is actually a thread on the the chookpen claiming Manly are always favoured by the refs. Obviously they havn't looked at the match stats lately, they certainly do not favour manly.

Eagles2nv said:
Yeah the penalty cont was definetly in our favour, but they weren't soft penalties.

It was nice to finally be on the winning side of the penalty count.

Still think maria should have been sent off.

Need to bring in a 10min rule for foul play at least. Or perhaps make him play the ball properly.

Yeah he can't help himself Maria, and should get 3 weeks minimum with loading.

Manly can only play what's in front of 'em. We probly should've won by more just to emphasise the dominance, but the Rorters are still a quality, modern day footy team.

As I said elsewhere, I hope a precedence has been set on their spoiling style though.

And they have no plan B.

Who knows how this squad of ours will develop
and build upon this start! Surely they take heaps of CONFIDENCE in what we're trying to do already!

RiverEagle said:
Who knows how this squad of ours will develop
and build upon this start! Surely they take CONFIDENCE in what we're trying to do already!
I agree 100%. This experience is priceless for players like Starling, Lui, and JSL. Matching strides with vaunted packs like Souths & Chooks, and coming out on top.

Eagles2nv said:
There is actually a thread on the the chookpen claiming Manly are always favoured by the refs. Obviously they havn't looked at the match stats lately, they certainly do not favour manly.

They must not have watched last year's GF either.

It's not the penalties Manly got that were controversial. It's the ones the Roosters didn't get. It would be embarrassing not to win with an 11-2 penalty count in our favour. However, the count could favour us 11-2 every week for the rest of the year and it still wouldn't make up for the rort that was the 2013 grand final.

Oh yeah...all the conspiracy theorists can have a field day...The League ( with the refs onboard ) manufacture this result, to both appease Manly fans and fuel the fire for future games?

After what happened to us in the GF, even the 2nd half square up v the Storm in round 1, very little would surprise me...

I prefer tho to call it karma; and the better football team won. Simples.

I tell you what I won't think will change by 2023.

They will still be banging on about the 1978 semi-final "7th tackle" incident while forgetting how we got screwed in 1995, 2007 and 2013.

Until they ref a Gf like a regular season game, teams will be screwed over. The team that pushes the boundaries are at an advantage. They just won't get penalized.

My tip is that Des' back ended contracts at the Dogs will really be hurting them in 2023, but Des will be long gone.

If it was mean't to appease, they'll need to work at it a little longer after some of those calls in the GF.

On our side, our discipline was fantastic last night, espeically in a frustrating, error-riddled game.

Me thinks Tooves had a few harsh words to say to the team after that second half in Round 1. "This will never happen again under my watch..." springs to mind.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4