NRL spends $250,000 on basic logo re-brand!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
$250,000 to do that piece of ****?

You download GIMP 2.0 (free open source software) you click magic select, you highlight the logo and you use the fill tool to paint the whole thing lime green.

Thats $83,000 per step.

Whats the bet Todd commisioned the bulldogs graphic designer too do the job? :speaknoevil:

Has anybody seen and read the piece about the new NRL logo in today's tele ...... the explanation by a Mr Peter Jarmain, NRL's General Manager of Brand and Marketing is the Gold Medal performance of self indulgent meaningless claptrap I have ever read ... just some exerts for you ..

new logo is "simple, flexible and dynamic ... we wanted to make sure we are future-proofing the game"

"contemporary, progressive and connecting with some of our youngest fans" .. (must be after the finger painting 2 year olds)

"The shift follows extensive research including focus groups, key stakeholders, fans,clubs, partners and media" ... (obviously a waste of time)

"We hadn't been aligned, a lot of infighting in the game. What has come out of the back of that was for the game to be united" ..... (well bugger me sideways ... $250,000 for a new pencil drawing will fix all that I'm sure)

There really was not much wrong with the old logo:
e7eSVCXIn8qRyzVdgMsSkn8XIgemNf6G_rLlU9p3m43TeJJNT6A4ilFABvUNgG-wU-On-QcfnubWxBEtccLODt4JBB-JzK1ontN96mVXYx2g0dc4PiPyQiUocSs2UB53N-xGDkunVDjEAS_ZMZfJFyT2vaS1QKNm8H82weHhO3pRDwZSkVG5H3MxALMmKhNViqgNX0ZJtOWAaGgQkMNaCZs=w150-h181-nc

Has anybody seen and read the piece about the new NRL logo in today's tele ...... the explanation by a Mr Peter Jarmain, NRL's General Manager of Brand and Marketing is the Gold Medal performance of self indulgent meaningless claptrap I have ever read ... just some exerts for you ..

new logo is "simple, flexible and dynamic ... we wanted to make sure we are future-proofing the game"

"contemporary, progressive and connecting with some of our youngest fans" .. (must be after the finger painting 2 year olds)

"The shift follows extensive research including focus groups, key stakeholders, fans,clubs, partners and media" ... (obviously a waste of time)

"We hadn't been aligned, a lot of infighting in the game. What has come out of the back of that was for the game to be united" ..... (well bugger me sideways ... $250,000 for a new pencil drawing will fix all that I'm sure)

future-proofing.... the day all humanity died. wtf?

Well this must be a joke of some sort, because such a simple basic graphic design thingy would only cost three figures surely and certainly no more than a few hundred dollars!

If this is legit, well it only further exposes how corrupt the NRL has become under the control of Greenburg!!!

UnPhuckingBelievable!!!!!

Well this must be a joke of some sort, because such a simple basic graphic design thingy would only cost three figures surely and certainly no more than a few hundred dollars!

If this is legit, well it only further exposes how corrupt the NRL has become under the control of Greenburg!!!

UnPhuckingBelievable!!!!!

$249,870 for extensive consultation of stakeholders and market survey .... $130 for the pencil drawing ....

It’s no joke the worst logo I have ever seen in my life. No depth to it, no meaning behind it. Absolutely pathetic, the worst downgrade in the history of all logo changes.. ever!

And have you all seen the one that they are putting on jerseys. It’s all black/white (can’t remember which), has two black/white chevrons, no large text saying nrl, except a teeny tiny caption beneath saying
NRL Telstra
PREMIERSHIP

Far out, people who don’t watch the sport wouldn’t even be able to tell it’s a sports logo, looks corporate (literally like a Telstra logo) and boring, whereas that all green expensive piece of **** looks like a two year old had to draw and colour in the current logo with their only pencil, green. It’s a shield, two big letter v’s and the now-plainly written letters N R L on it. It’s ****ed.

Edit* found photo of the one I was talking about that’ll be on jerseys :( And the reason I couldn’t remember whether it was black or white was because it is unmemorable and has no meaning/reason to remember it.
127AA820-938C-40CE-B005-50F034691C91.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s no joke the worst logo I have ever seen in my life. No depth to it, no meaning behind it. Absolutely pathetic, the worst downgrade in the history of all logo changes.. ever!

And have you all seen the one that they are putting on jerseys. It’s all black/white (can’t remember which), has two black/white chevrons, no large text saying nrl, except a teeny tiny caption beneath saying
NRL Telstra
PREMIERSHIP

Far out, people who don’t watch the sport wouldn’t even be able to tell it’s a sports logo, looks corporate and boring, whereas that all green expensive piece of **** looks like a two year old had to draw and colour in a green shield with two big letter v’s and the letters N R L on it. It’s ****ed

Would of been a better idea to have a competition for high school graphic design teams to submit entries .... I am prepared to say the first 50 entries they rec'd would have been better .....

I must admit I'm a fan of the way they new NRL logo looks on all the team jerseys. Blends in and compliments them well with a simple clean logo that works with a range of background colours. I think it looks especially good on our jersey. It's streets ahead of that yellow and green monstrosity. Not sure it was worth 250K to develop, but nonetheless have to give them a pat on the back for it.

While we are on the subject,, I'm loving the slightly darker maroon colour of the jersey this year and I'm a massive fan of that all maroon strip.

It is not only the NRL, but all companies and brands are simplifying their logos for easier brand recognition. You should see the monstrosity that my company just came up with.

P.S. After not asking for a pay rise this year, next year I will be indexing.

Under the Southern Cross I stand
A sprig of Wattle in my hand
A native of my Native land
Australia, you fkn beauty!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8