NRL Sea Eagles: Duo's on right path

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
2 Dec 12 @ 10:21am by Andrew Prentice

ELECTRIC northern beaches youngsters Jake Trbojevic and Clinton Gutherson have been earmarked for NRL stardom after blitzing the Harold Matthews competition a few years ago.

This weekend the spotlight will intensify on the pair when they spend time in camp with the NSWRL Origin Pathways squad.

They will be joined by fellow Sea Eagles Jacob Gagan and Fabian Goodall in familiar surroundings - Narrabeen's Sydney Academy of Sport.

Trbojevic, a bullocking prop in the mould of Glenn Lazarus, was buzzing with excitement when contacted by the Manly Daily.

"I was fortunate to be invited last year so I know what to expect," he said.

"The itinerary looks great, we will do plenty of skill work and (NSW coach) Laurie Daley is also going to speak to us.

"Sticky (former coach Ricky Stuart) chatted about the importance of the Blues jersey last time and that wasn't lost on me," he said.

Gutherson, a Cromer Kingfishers junior, attended the same training camp 12 months ago and was chuffed to get another call up.

"I was at training this week when 'Willo' (Sea Eagles lower grade coach Luke Williamson) told me to pop in for a chat when we were done," he said.

"I was stoked to hear the selectors had invited me back, I learnt so much and it will be awesome to see some familiar faces from other NRL clubs."

The likes of Jack Wighton (Canberra), Pat Mata'utia (Knights) and Bryce Cartwright (Panthers) are just some of the other exciting names who will call the peninsula home until Monday.

This current crop of players may well end up having pivotal roles over the coming years as the Blues look to end the Maroons' recent dominance come State of Origin time.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/nrl-sea-eagles-duos-on-right-path/

Darren said:
great news and hopefully we can keep these local guys for the next decade!!

Agreed, there is something extra special when our boom juniors kick on in 1st grade then become seasoned Manly veterans :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4