NRL sanctions player agents over alleged disciplinary breaches.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

tookey

First Grader
The NRL has cancelled the accreditation of one high-profile player agent, sanctioned another and initiated disciplinary proceedings against two more.
Gavin Orr, who runs Pacific Sports Management with his brother Chris and whose clients include dozens of high-profile NRL players, has had his accreditation cancelled for breaches including "knowingly aiding a breach of the NRL's salary cap rules," the NRL stated.

Orr is seeking to appeal the finding and will remain eligible to represent NRL players during this process. PSM has clients across most clubs including big names such as Daly Cherry-Evans, Payne Haas, Jason Taumalolo and Ryan Matterson.

Another agent, Isaac Moses, has been issued a show cause notice and faces having his registration cancelled for "counselling or assisting a person to not co-operate fully with the NRL Integrity and Compliance Unit," according to the NRL.

Moses disputes the allegations and the matter will be considered in the new year once Moses has had an opportunity to respond to the notice. The Moses stable of clients includes Cameron Smith, Aaron Woods, David Klemmer and coaches including Stephen Kearney and Anthony Seibold.

Antoun Zibara has been fined and placed on probation for "knowingly submitting several NRL player contracts which had not been witnessed in accordance with the NRL Rules", according to the NRL statement.

Zibara remains accredited and authorised to represent NRL players.

Lastly, the NRL has reinstated the previously suspended accreditation of Mario Tartak following the discovery of previously undisclosed bankruptcy proceedings, which have since been resolved.

However, the disciplinary process is ongoing and no determination will be made by the NRL until Tartak has responded to the breach notice and the NRL has considered that response, the NRL stated.

Tartak's clients include Damien Cook, Moses Suli and Manase Fainu.

"Our integrity unit has conducted extensive investigations over a number of months which has resulted in disciplinary proceedings against four player agents," NRL chief operating officer Nick Weeks said.

This year was the first season the NRL has had the power to sanction player agents, according to Weeks.

You know, I never thought I would ever want to see someone like Gallop back in charge of the NRL. But if it was a choice between him and Greenturd.....and they were the ONLY choices, the bald one can tell his story walking.

Nope. Never. Can't forgive the b@stard for the way he treated Brett.

Both of them can rot in hell. The whole concept of "sports administrators" as a business career is fraught with issues. There's not enough focus or understanding or love for the game and the players. Just the bottom line and the amount they can pay themselves in bonuses.

They need an ex-player in charge and someone with a business head. Here's my two suggestions:
1) Tony Mestrov (current CEO of Greyhound NSW - tough gig given where it was at when he took it over).
2) Turbo (once his career is complete with 7 grand finals for Manly).

Both are Finance / Economic graduates (not a necessary prerequisite), both are ex players and both have sensible heads on their shoulders.

Okay, so they both played for Manly, but that's just an added bonus.

I'm sure there are some other ex-players who would also be great candidates, but they're the two who I'd pick just because I know what they've done and have the potential to do.

They need an ex-player in charge and someone with a business head. Here's my two suggestions:
1) Tony Mestrov (current CEO of Greyhound NSW - tough gig given where it was at when he took it over).
2) Turbo (once his career is complete with 7 grand finals for Manly).

Both are Finance / Economic graduates (not a necessary prerequisite), both are ex players and both have sensible heads on their shoulders.

Okay, so they both played for Manly, but that's just an added bonus.
you forgot tooves

Why do I think this is all smoke and mirrors .... I would like to think something will come of it .... but ..... it sounds like a pre-arranged raid by the old gaming squad ..... a lot of sound and buster ... but when the smoke clears only some poor old drunk gets charged with playing 2 up .....

My only hope is that the new Chairman goes wild cannon and off script ..

It's been a while but Isaac Moses has now had his accreditation as a player agent cancelled

It's been a while but Isaac Moses has now had his accreditation as a player agent cancelled

Anyone remember what that was about, and what Mannah said? Was it the Eels salary cap scandal?

It is understood Mannah, now employed by Parramatta off the field, gave evidence to the integrity unit that prompted the NRL to issue Moses with a breach notice.

The NRL confirmed Moses, formerly the agent of Israel Folau and now controlling the affairs of the likes of Cameron Smith and Mitchell Moses, stood accused of breaching his obligations as an accredited agent “by counselling or assisting a person not to co-operate with the NRL integrity unit”.

It is understood those matters relate to Mannah, who split with Moses earlier this year, and the 2016 Parramatta salary cap scandal.

While it is unclear what Mannah has told the integrity unit, Mannah’s decision to offer information to investigators follows Moses’ bitter fallout with enigmatic “football whisperer” Joe Wehbe earlier this year.

Wehbe has taken Moses to the Supreme Court, wanting a slice of his business over unpaid earnings from a sports management business in which Wehbe was a silent partner.

The dispute between the pair has driven a wedge between Moses and a number of his high-profile clients, which also includes Roosters fullback James Tedesco, Israel Folau and Nathan Brown.

It is understood Mannah, now employed by Parramatta off the field, gave evidence to the integrity unit that prompted the NRL to issue Moses with a breach notice.

The NRL confirmed Moses, formerly the agent of Israel Folau and now controlling the affairs of the likes of Cameron Smith and Mitchell Moses, stood accused of breaching his obligations as an accredited agent “by counselling or assisting a person not to co-operate with the NRL integrity unit”.

It is understood those matters relate to Mannah, who split with Moses earlier this year, and the 2016 Parramatta salary cap scandal.

While it is unclear what Mannah has told the integrity unit, Mannah’s decision to offer information to investigators follows Moses’ bitter fallout with enigmatic “football whisperer” Joe Wehbe earlier this year.

Wehbe has taken Moses to the Supreme Court, wanting a slice of his business over unpaid earnings from a sports management business in which Wehbe was a silent partner.

The dispute between the pair has driven a wedge between Moses and a number of his high-profile clients, which also includes Roosters fullback James Tedesco, Israel Folau and Nathan Brown.
I have the utmost respect for you C&C and hope this is a cut and paste from some article, as it has four sentences and four paragraphs (the whole paragraphs as a sentence is a topic for another day but makes me think it's from a 'journalist') that say absolutely nothing.

The NRL confirmed Moses had breached his obligations as an agent in 2017 when he assisted former client and Parramatta favourite Tim Mannah to "give evidence to the NRL that was false and intended to mislead an investigation of the NRL Integrity & Compliance Unit".

Sources with knowledge of the investigation told the The Herald that Mannah, when interviewed in 2017, denied he had received third-party deals during a certain period at the club.

Mannah, who has since fallen out with Moses, approached the integrity unit last year during his final season in the game and came clean with the story of how he had been asked by Moses to mislead the governing body in his previous interview.

Looking at Parra, had they already been busted for the 400th time in 2017 or is this something new that probably wont get looked at now because they are this years darlings?

I have the utmost respect for you C&C and hope this is a cut and paste from some article, as it has four sentences and four paragraphs (the whole paragraphs as a sentence is a topic for another day but makes me think it's from a 'journalist') that say absolutely nothing.
Yes it is - sorry I wasn't trying to pass it off as my own work I was just trying to give a quick response to SER8's query above. Was too lazy to link the 2 or 3 articles I copied it from. Some of those words have 4 syllables - that should have been a give away that I didn't pen it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8