NRL releases statement on Tigers v Cowboys stuff up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

pt73

Bencher
Premium Member
They’ve obviously spent a serious amount of time between their PR and legal teams to craft this piece of corporate weasel words.

The condensed version is: Yes the decision was wrong but we’re not changing it so suck it up Tigers, the Cowboys are more important.

They’ve obviously spent a serious amount of time between their PR and legal teams to craft this piece of corporate weasel words.

The condensed version is: Yes the decision was wrong but we’re not changing it so suck it up Tigers, the Cowboys are more important.

Nothing to do with the Cows being more important,it’s about the integrity of the competition being more important,although at times I wonder if the NRL actually know that

Alright, I'll fall on the sword.

What a crock of S%$t. The NRL is is saying yeah we stuffed up but F%$k you.

In this day and age and the fact everything is seen. If it looks a piece of, it smell like a piece of, it dances as a piece, then usually it is.

Surely someone can stand up for the little people and say "this is wrong". All Tigers got was we are sorry.... but not really because it's great a QLD team is doing alright.

Sorry is not good enough.

Imagine being out of the top 4 because of this...

All this has proven is that the NRL is a bunch of light weights pretending to be rulers of our sporting culture.

Nothing to do with the Cows being more important,it’s about the integrity of the competition being more important,although at times I wonder if the NRL actually know that
Strange you used the words integrity and NRL in the same sentence.

They seem to have become adept at a$$ covering and hiding stuff under the carpet.

Last edited:
At this stage there is very little that can be done. All we can hope is that lessons are learned for the future. This is where we, as a sport, fall down. We don't learn from mistakes

How lucky is the NRL that this was an unimportant match. And the result favoured the home team.
Imagine if it had happened to the Broncos in a final at Suncorp, or Parramatta at home?
Most RL crowds are quite well behaved but such a blatant rort in a vital match could trigger a serious backlash.

Alright, I'll fall on the sword.

What a crock of S%$t. The NRL is is saying yeah we stuffed up but F%$k you.

In this day and age and the fact everything is seen. If it looks a piece of, it smell like a piece of, it dances as a piece, then usually it is.

Surely someone can stand up for the little people
and say "this is wrong". All Tigers got was we are sorry.... but not really because it's great a QLD team is doing alright.

Sorry is not good enough.

Imagine being out of the top 4 because of this...

All this has proven is that the NRL is a bunch of light weights pretending to be rulers of our sporting culture.
ease off brooks, he isn't that small

He's actually quite tall amongst the dwarf community.
rVH3DQ3eCfNuc8zV71.gif

I was listening to a podcast yesterday which revealed there is no law against a sporting entity in the US (eg NBA) from fixing games by way of directing their referees etc. I haven't researched but it would be interesting to see if there was a similar position here in Aus. The crux of it being they are providing 'entertainment' much like WWE

I was listening to a podcast yesterday which revealed there is no law against a sporting entity in the US (eg NBA) from fixing games by way of directing their referees etc. I haven't researched but it would be interesting to see if there was a similar position here in Aus. The crux of it being they are providing 'entertainment' much like WWE
A bit of a shocker if you like a punt

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7